Lost my 5 year old son

Not really sure what to put here. I lost my amazing 5 year old little boy unexpectedly on the 3rd February this year. I am in so much pain and finding it hard to even just function.

2 Likes

Hello @Ak1991,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your little boy that brings you here. If you’d like to tell us more about him, we are listening.

Your loss is very recent and it’s completely understandable that you are finding it hard to function. You are not alone. Sadly, many members have experienced the devastating loss of a child and will understand some of what you’re feeling right now. You might want to connect with @YoYo78 who posted this thread recently about losing her 2 year old son.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support. In the meantime, I wanted to share some resources with you that might be helpful, when you feel ready to look at them.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. They have a helpline on 0345 123 2304, which is staffed by bereaved parents.

• Our Grief Guide self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief

• Our Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

@Ak1991 I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. I hope you have some support to help you get through everything you’re experiencing right now.

I lost my 2 year old son in September and I can totally understand how you are feeling. I was in a complete daze and couldn’t concentrate on anything. It has improved over the last month or so but I still find it hard to comprehend how different life is now.

Take care of yourself, I’m happy to chat if you feel that would help. Hopefully someone else will reply to offer support and advice too.

Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss. I can’t even to begin to imagine how you’re feeling. All I know is you must be destroyed.

It’s going to take time to function. Don’t be hard on yourself. You’ve had a massive disruption to your life. Things are going to take time before you can even start to think straight.

Just take each day as it comes. Put your feelings on here. You’re not alone, even though it will feel like it.

Sending love and hugs :people_hugging:

Thank you i feel completely broken and still in complete shock.

1 Like

You have taken a big step during your grief by coming on here and reaching out.
I think that shows how strong you are.

The shock will last for I don’t know how long. Nobody can give you a time line. Of course you feel broken, I wouldn’t expect anything else. He was your baby, your child.
Let things happen naturally, don’t force yourself into doing things that make you feel uncomfortable.

Just be kind to yourself and don’t keep your grief inside. Let your feelings out on here. Be true to yourself.

Sending love :heart: and hugs :people_hugging: