Lost my same sex partner of 38 years

On 27th Feb this year. I lost the love of my life. She was my world. My everything. She treat me like a princess for 38 years and I can’t imagine a life without her.
I am hoping for some ideas on how to manage this excruciating emotional pain

6 Likes

I am so, so sorry. Grief is the most awful thing and all of us on here totally understand how you feel. The hurt, the disbelief, the anger, the sorrow, wanting just to go to sleep, wake up and it was just a dream…
I honestly don’t know if I will ever get over this pain and I am sure you feel exactly the same. Get your name down for some counselling. It could take ages, but in the meantime, come on here, any hour of the night or day - there will always be someone to talk to. And cry. We are ALL crying. You can bet your bottom dollar that someone is crying at the same time as you! That actually helps me - I mentally reach out and hold the hand of someone I imagine is doing the same. If only we could teleport to someone and just hug them! Nothing we can say will take away your pain, but it really does help to know that we are all here in the same boat and with you 100 percent xx

2 Likes

Oh thank you so much. Your words of support and comfort do help. I am waiting for counselling but understand that I have to wait for 3 months from my partners passing.
I know I will always miss her as our love was and is so deep.
It would have been our Civil Ceremony Anniversary on Monday.
Sending care and support right back to you.x

1 Like

Monday is going to be hard. I know it is easy to say remember the good times, but those are the ones that will hurt the most at the moment. I’m living off wine and paracetamol for the headaches from crying at the moment. I know it will get easier, but I feel like I’m spinning in circles at the moment. All I can recommend is let it out. I’m sure it is better than bottling it up! Well that is what I keep telling myself! We are all here for you and each other xx

1 Like

You are absolutely right. Letting our emotions out…crying…talking…and crying again I know is healthy. I hope your pain eases too and although it is sad to hear it does help to know that I am not on my own in my grief.
I am also accepting the love and support of friends who are wrapping their care around me yet no matter who I spend time with and what I do the missing my amazing Kala never goes away. Shecwas and is one incredible woman. She was fighting her 4th cancer.x

2 Likes

Hi dublingirl and Tracey.H hope you are both doing okay .its been 15 weeks since passing of my daughter and i though i was doing better until yesterday. Nothing happened but i woke up feeling really SAD and have cried for the past 2 days ,cant shake it off. Its scary because feel as if im losing control again . Feel like i just want to run away from this life and go somewhere no one knows me and try forget everything :heart:

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending hugs.xx

Thanks Tracey ,how are you feeling ? Im so glad you replied ,no one has really been posting on the site :heart:

Oh that makes it even harder. When you reach out and dont get a response.
I am really struggling . I love and miss Michaela so much. I am off work at the moment and trying to fill my time with friends as being on my own in my grief is too painful.
Sending you the biggest hugs
Oh way up is a useful site to try.x

Ill give that site a wee look. I find i do t really want to be with my friends ,i want to be on my own and just not speak to anyone which is the opposite of what everyone says is best

You do what is right for you.
I also found a couple of sites on fb
Widows and windowers
And another calked widows
There will always be someone to listen if you do wsnt to talk.
X

@Glasgalass Sorry I’ve been offline for a while. I’ve had family around for the bank holidays and have been trying to get back to normal. I was doing ok and genuinely had some good days! However, first day on my own and I was all over the place again feeling like it had just happened. Going on holiday soon and I am hoping it helps. I couldn’t feel any worse anyway! You take care xx

Hope you get some ok times on your holiday.
I went to our caravan with friends for the bank holiday but miss Kala wherever I am
Xx

1 Like

Glad your okay (kinda) yeah im sort of okay with people and then when im on my own it goes downhill again . Whare are you off to on your hols ,somewhere warm? :rofl:you away with family /friends :heart:

Glesgalass. I find it hardest when I am on my own too.
Sending hugs.xx

Its hardest when im on my own but then at the same time i actually want to be on my own ,theres no answer to this one :roll_eyes:

Glesgalass
I get what you mean.
Nothing and no one can bring my Kala back and that is what hurts so much.
There is another helpful site I have recently joined called Way up.
At least there is always somewhere to post how you ate feeling.
I will always answer whenever I can.
Tracey

I was on an online chat with CRUSE and the person was lovely ,helped through a difficult evening. Ill have a look at WAY UP too . Have you signed up for the text support on here ,you get a wee text every couple days ? If you havnt uou meed to do it ,the text are the sweetest messages and personalised too :heart:

I remember now ,i actually emaimed them but its only for people who have lost their partner so i couldnt join . Thanks though

Oh sorry about that. I dont think I realised. Yes 8 have the text service from here.
9ne day last week I phoned Samarirans and they were helpful.xx