lost my son

i lost my only child 8 weeks ago he was 36 with a 10yr old son …death was sudden his partner spoke to him 10 mins befote and he was wotking away as he was a civil servant on home working .the autopsy shoeed nothing so waiting on coroners report which cud take 6 months he was a healthy happy fella so to lose him so suddenly with no cause i cannot accept …my life is over cos he was my wotld my life …i am going through a divorce and judt feel so lonely and sad my heart aches for my darling jordain …the pain is so unbearablev

2 Likes

Hello @geri1,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. It sounds like there is so much going on in your life - it’s completely okay to feel overwhelmed by all these things. You are dealing with a lot and it’s understandable that sometimes it gets too much.

I hope you find the community to be a support to you. If you need some extra support outside of the community, I would encourage you to reach out to one of these organisations below.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

We also offer free counselling if you feel some one-to-one support might help. You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

I’ve shared a link to your post on @Chris33’s thread. They also sadly lost their son suddenly this year, and you may understand some of what each other is going through.

Take lots of care - keep reaching out,
Seaneen

Hi geri1,
Reaching out to you at this truly difficult and devastating time of your life.
I too lost my son,who was 31 years old,and he to passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at home with me and his sister of a cardiac arrest.
It is a living hell.
I am just a year on now but although the pain is always there you do begin to notice a very subtle change over time.
We have to find a different way to live our lives.
Yesterday was one of my worst but today I feel a little more peace.Take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself always.
Cherish the time you had with him and remember him making you laugh.
Much love and hugs.
Jayne xxx

I also lost my only child my son Craig 20/11/20 he died suddenly of a pulmonary embolism we got him to the hospital but he didn’t make it .He had been to work that day was laughing and chatting to his friends on the phone at night then this happens out of the blue the shock has nearly killed me and his dad we miss him so much .Take each day as it comes that’s what we do keep busy to help with the very dark days .I wish I could say it gets better but it’s the life we have to live until we are all together again it’s will never be what it was sadly x