Lost the love of my life

Thankyou Blue for your inspiring post. No magic pill to take away the pain of grief. We are not depressed we are grieving and must be allowed to grieve, as hard as it is.
I also found exercise and walking among nature to be of great help and a wonderful therapy. We was both walkers so I could take my husband with me in my heart. Again well done and thank you for sharing wise words with us.

2 Likes

Frankie and I were keen walkers. We loved camping and stayed in a bothy a couple of times. So many adventures. He proposed to me outside a tent on our first holiday together. I cherish those memories xx

Thank you I will x

1 Like

Keep in touch Kim xx

I will you take care x

I lost my.lovely husband suddenly too after 40 years together. It’s been 6 months but it hurts like it was yesterday, actually as time goes on I feel worse, miss him so.much. I’m not sure I can deal with this forever, it’s just too painful. I feel for you all xx

Awful the emotions are unbearable I know people say in time we will learn to live a different life like you I don’t know how. Sorry for your loss wish we weren’t on this site x

I know still don’t think it’s sunk in.went to change flowers on grave doesn’t feel real I hope we can all heal in time.

I know what you are going through. My Husband had a massive heart attack one minute he was laughing and joking the next he was gone, we were together 31 years it was the 2nd of Dec 2017 I had just put our very large Christmas tree up the day before. It is a roller-coaster of emotions every body was terribly shocked and upset. I am fortunate to have great family support also had two sons living at home at the time. I took each day at a time, at first I lost my confidence to go food shopping one of my sons would go with me. I also kept myself busy with work which was not easy. I kept getting flash backs. My friend said to me you will never get over it you have to learn how to live with it so true. I have his ashes in a woodland orb in the garden that is my place to go. I hope this helps you x

I think it’s finally hit me that the love of my life is never coming home. It’s 2 weeks since he died. Friends are amazing also my daughter. Don’t know how I will ever get over this.

Sorry. It’s the worst feeling and pain ever I’ve experienced. I try to take comfort from those further down the road than me. I’m only 7 weeks without any support. I’m glad your family are supporting you. There are a number of regulars on here that are very supportive.

The shock is horible and it hurts, its is good that you have friends and your daughter, let them support you. dont be surprised at how some friends fade into the background, they are just not the right people to support you at the momment. you will probally feel that you want the world to stop, but it dosent, you will leran to live with your grief, and you will allways love the love of your life. Sheila, X

1 Like

Yes it hurts, and carries on hurtiing. I lost june 5 weeks ago and I haven’t stopped hurting. This site has helped me so much. I hate that other people are going through this, but you guys understand without me having to say it

1 Like

I’m sitting on my own missing my Pete so much crying and hoping he’s happy.iv been having visits from collared doves. Iv decided they are a sign from him because when I’m really low 1 or 2 appear.i like to think it’s him making sure I’m ok .im not crazy just lost and lonely.

I’m so so sorry for your loss it’s utterly heartbreaking that’s a lovely thought he’s looking out for you hold on to it take care of yourself as much as possible in my thoughts Adele x

1 Like

I’m sitting here in the conservatory listening to the rain. We used to do that. Some music on, or the radio, but listening to thd rain. it’s so hrad. We both ove the sound, commenting on it. The sound of rain. June wa the person I could just do nothing with. We just sat there, occasional glass of wine, chatting about nothibg, everything. soory, I’m really not dong well tonight. I just want to be with her. hope you’re all having a better night than me

Hi, I have robins in my garden they visit every day, I like to think that they are my loved ones checking in. I use to tell my husband that when i die, i want to come back as a robin, he would laugh and say if i come back as a bird i want to be an eagle, (lol not been sighted over Lancashire yet)

HI
i was just thinking myself, I could just do with a chat with John (my late husband) you can be surounded by people and still feel alone. routines are hard, what do we do instead? we can not join new groups ect becouse of Covid. I now let out dog sleep on the bed as i miss my husbands snoring . Sheila

Robins, we like Robins, think that they are people coming back to say something, I like Robins. We had one who visited daily, now, sometimes there are 2

I have a Robin who visits everyday. Hops from garden to garden and cheekily sits on my washing. Always gives me a quick glance then flies away. Started saying hello to it out loud. I think you notice things more