Lost the love of my life

I lost my husband he was 47 my love and soul mate

He passed away in January 2021 to covid it has been a truly horrible year I wonder to myself how I managed to get up in a morning and get dressed and ready for the day but so how I do I think my kids help me though
My daughter 13 it has really affected her she misses her dad so much.
I know my son 15 misses his dad to but he doesn’t express how his feeling.
I just let them know I’m here for them both if they need me
My heart breaks every day thinking about him I go to his grave every week just for my own peace,
My family and friends have helped me get though this tough time
I also lost my brother November 20
So had two wonderful people leave me I such a short space of time.
I do get up get dressed so days I go to work I only do 1 full day and two half days but for now is enough I feel tired most days xx

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss i no exactly you feel I lost my wife on the first of January to COVID and my mother in law in November 2020 i no it’s not easy. I also have a son now 17 he is the reason I’m still here today said has it his I still struggle today and maybe always I’m here if you need to talk All the Best xx

Thanks Ricky
It’s hard but I take one day at a time
Same here if you need to talk

Thanks for your reply I’d love to Talk i no it’s a bit late I’ll message you tomorrow if that’s ok with you x

I’m so sorry for your loss Mgarth, your husband and your brother, I just found out yesterday that my husband died of covid, he died on the 12th of August he was 48 and I have been waiting for cause of death since then, I also have 2 teenager a girl of 17 and a boy of 14. I’ve found my son has also kept most of it inside, I think they don’t want to upset us. He is waiting for counselling at school as they have suggested it might do him good to talk to someone not involved, do your children’s school offer that maybe?
I agree that the kids keep us up and moving, I am so grateful to have them, otherwise I would probably not get out of bed each day. I am due back to work at the beginning of December, but I don’t know how I’ll cope, after finding out yesterday that it was covid, I feel like I’m back to the beginning again, that day he died, my heart breaks for my kids and I am so lost xx

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that Lilyboost why did it take them so long was this not put on your husband’s certificate x

1 Like

Yesterday was my first trip to the cemetery to lay flowers for my wife and mum there stones were only placed on Friday afternoon beside each other it was heartbreaking so I had a bit of a meltdown this new life is not going to be easy x

3 Likes

Hi lilyboost
I’m so sorry to hear about your husband love your children will get you though your hard days.
I had to get counselling myself for my daughter school have been rubbish really she is heart broken. My son doesn’t want counselling.
It must be horrible for you love having to wait for so long for results of your husband.
All I can say talk to your work and tell them you will have good and bad days
I’m back at work I only do 1 full day and two half but that’s enough

1 Like

You did it tho Ricky
It’s a big step in the grieving process
It heartbreaking seeing your loved ones name on a memorial brings everything back
Stay strong you can do anything

1 Like

It’s my brother anniversary today
He was a larger than life character :heart:

1 Like

He died at home went to bed as usual after work and woke up about 3am making strange noises, called the paramedics and they tried to save him but he was gone within the hours. Didn’t even know he had covid. We had all had it 4 weeks previously but were all recovered and out of isolation and tested negative. He had been back at work 2 weeks no symptoms, no warning gone just like that. I still don’t have a death certificate, just got the cause on Friday so now I have to make an appointment to register the death. X

1 Like

Sorry that’s terrible I waited 6 days for my family’s results one day before my wife passed and they came back negative but we all had it I don’t know what happened the doctors told me they are not 100% x

1 Like

My deepest sympathy x

1 Like

Both me and my husband went for covid test New Year’s Day got the results on the Monday by this time my husband had been taken to hospital he passed away by the Tuesday the last time I saw him was the Sunday.
I was ask by the hospital to go see him but I couldn’t because I had covid it breaks my heat that I wasn’t there for him

My brother dead to a heart attack not covid sorry if my message miss lead anyone

1 Like

I’m so sorry for all your pain, for your wife Ricky_123 and your husband and brother Mgarth. It so horrible and heartbreaking living in this ocean of pain. I don’t know how we draw the strength to keep going, I guess to remember our loved ones or for our kids and families who need us, but at times it’s so very hard xx

1 Like

My wife was rushed in on Boxing Day so I didn’t see her into New Year’s Day bye then she was gone it was horrible I was literally sick

1 Like

Hi Mgarth. I lost my husband to Covid on the 11th of August 2021. He was only 52. There were a lot of medical mistakes leading up to before he even got Covid that we were not aware of at the time. There was a data input error on his medical records which meant he was vulnerable but because of the error never informed. There was also studies and new data coming out on a medication he was on making him even more vulnerable and he was never informed of this, I’m currently trying to write a Pals complaint but it is very emotional as you can imagine. He shouldn’t have died. If we were kept informed and his medical records updated correctly he would have never gone to work and would have shielded. His company let him work from home for a year to protect me as I was shielding and vulnerable due to have cancer treatment. If we were told of his vulnerability his company would have continued to let him work from home as to not put him at risk. I can’t function without him. He was my soulmate and best friend. And to know that this didn’t need to happen makes it worse. I miss him so much . I miss the intimacy we shared. I feel so alone. Private message me if u like and fancy a chat. Xxx

2 Likes

Hi Jenw so Sorry to hear of you loss it is heartbreaking luv
And I understand completely where you are coming from.
I just wish some people would understand covid is real and out there love x

1 Like

Most people will never believe it until they lose the love of their life x

3 Likes

Hi Ricky very true people don’t believe until it happens to them