Lost the love of my life

Traeey8,I know just how your feeling,my husband was well then suddenly had to have a massive operation put on life support for 4weeks he couldn’t talk to us thought he would pull through some days in as a roller coaster of emotions, finally told there was nothing else they could,never felt so much pain,passed away with his family beside him.Still can’t believe he’s not coming back I know the heartache, devastating feeling,It’s hard to go on without them everything has changed for the worst.
At least writing on here you have other people going through this heartbreak with you,our world has changed completely
Steve was my best friend now I’m just lost.

I’m sending a big hug to all who are suffering this painful.I grief

Christine x

1 Like

Does anyone else find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning,just can’t bear the thought of another day,wandering around like a lost soul,still have this sick pounding feeling in my heart,what’s the use of going downstairs knowing Steve isn’t there,heartbreaking

1 Like

I am feeling really sick inside just now,it just happens that way sometimes,must be the grief eating me away again.Feel so unhappy this morning,sp alone,empty house,just put heating on so cold in here.Hate this life now,being without her is killing me day by day.I have had counselling and seen my Doctor but nothing is going to help me get over this. Much love Michael x

Morning Christine,got your hug thank you.Suffering badly today ,feeling sick,anxious,anguish ,its all coming back crashing down on me again,even after 8 weeks now I am crushed by her passing.Never imagined it would be like this,the pain of grief is horrendous,life has nothing to offer me now but loneliness and heartache.I am 76 and scared of the future without the one I loved for 32 years.She was stolen from me by that evil bladder cancer.Why do I have to wake up every morning to this misery. Michael x

I do manage to get out of bed but that pounding in my chest feels horrible,the sick feeling as well can hardly manage a couple of spoonfuls of cereal.Then the empty lonely house is waiting for me again,another day to get through and then the sanctuary of the bedroom,close the door get into bed watch a bit of rubbish tv and try to sleep ,what a life we are left with now.Might as well not be here, Michael x

Michael,I know the feeling I used to be so active always on the move,now all I do is sit and think of Steve,I seem to have lost all my energy and I feel I’m letting Steve down he wouldt want me feeling like this.we were supposed to be together enjoying our retirement,my life is empty, he was my best friend I don’t feel safe without him.

Christine x

1 Like

Christine,I am watching tv right now,should be in the garden working but just cannot bring myself to do it.We were enjoying our retirement until it was destroyed by cancer.My life is now so empty without her.She was the most amazing woman.I will miss her so much every day .Michael x

Hi snap i know that feeling brain cancer took my wife in 8 weeks of finding out she had it the pain in the heart really gets to you i sit and think she would help anyone out why her
Regards paul

3 Likes

Paul,I think this Steve was such a nice man well respected, had good friends, loving his retirement, fit played golf,I still find it so hard to believe what happened to him,grief is the most painful thing to go through when it’s your husband or wife our life changes completely feel like I’ve lost my own life,my best friend always felt safe with him.

Take care

Christine x

1 Like

Hi All , I lost my husband at the end of June he was the love of my life my soul mate he was 55 . I took early retirement from a very busy job to look after him he passed away 6 months later. I am really struggling I cry all the time snd cannot bare the pain of grief at times it is so terrible. I feff eg l devastated for him he worked so hard all his life going without things and looking forward to so much . He was so happy easy going the loveliest man I have ever known . I just don’t know how to survive without him I miss him so much . Cancer such s cruel disease :cry::grinning::cry::broken_heart::broken_heart:

3 Likes

Cancer took my darling wife 8 weeks ago,I am now alone,unhappy and do not want to be here.Michael x

I feel your pain it is terrible. I have found to keep busy helps alittle , I try to pass the time going for a walk, meeting friends and have joined sod volunteering groups. However, I appreciate 8 weeks is very early days. Please keep posting on here for support or contact cruise or other organisations to talk with someone. I miss my husband so so much and still cannot believe he didn’t smoke, hardly drank was healthy but got cancer at 55.

1 Like

That is awful he was so young and healthy.I miss Judith so much ,she never smoked ,hardly drank ,loved fruit and vegetables,so how does she get cancer. Evil thing, Michael x

Dear Misprint,

l feel your pain. l too lost my husband suddenly to covid this February which he caught from his mother in a care home. It was so sudden and such a shock as he had called me 6 hours earlier to discuss plans for future stay cations instead of going abroad, this was at 9pm… 6 hours later, at 3am l was called in to come and say my good byes and they had had to ventilate my hubby and his blood pressure had dropped and his organs had started to shut down… l am living with the trauma of those events on a daily basis and as a result, am often up around 3am and unable to get back to sleep. l do have children, but what you really need around you are people that can share similar experiences, hence l am in a widow support group and because we all share a common thread, there is a total understanding that friends and family don’t get… You have to have lost a loved one to feel the pain, the anguish and angst that a bereaved person feels. It is insurmountable and almost impossible to comprehend. l would love to give you my number so l can chat further with you. These are tough times and being able to relate to people in similar circumstances have got me to this point. l find listening to music also helps. Sending you virtual hugs. Baby steps one day at the time xx

2 Likes

Such a sad story,so many sad stories on here ,we are all suffering the loss of our loved ones and it is not fair.We are paying the price of loveing that person so much that it hurts inside everyday.I too am traumatised at seeing my wife suffer the pain of cancer and being with her as she slipped away,broke my heart and broke me. Michael x

1 Like

Grief i’m afraid is the price we’ve all had to pay for loving here. Let’s continue to hold hands and support each other as we journey through this very dark tunnel of grief. …As each day goes by, we may see a few glimmers of light that will give us the strength to keep on going… Stay strong sending you virtual hugs xx :heart: :handshake: :handshake:

3 Likes

Definitely evil. I am struggling today I have been driving around for no reason have come to Mikes old house which is empty remembering the wonderful times we had here before he moved in with me. I have put on the market but really want to keep it to visit it even though it brings me to floods of tears

Cancer is devastating for the patient and for the family too. In my husband’s case the treatment was more brutal than the cancer itself. He was never actually ill until the treatment started.
To witness our beloved partners struggling with pain at the end of their life is absolutely heartbreaking. It’s something I doubt we’ll ever really get over.
I miss my husband’s laugh, his chatter, his sense of humour, also just his great company. We got on so well. I feel dreadful waking up in the morning without him.
I get through by thinking I’ll put this hour in, then the next hour, then the next.
I honestly can’t look too far forward.
It’s an awfully sad place to be in, but we are all in this together :heart:

3 Likes

I tend to stay up till i am worn out go to bed 4 or 5 then still i find it hard to sleep i just lie there feeling sick inside mind on over drive, so i understand what your going through.

2 Likes

Yes this is me too,tired but still cannot sleep,the sick feeling takes over.Mind on overdrive,that is it exactly,try to not think of anything but it does not work so lay awake looking atceiling all night.Michael x