Making friendships

Hi guys I’ve just seen that some people on here that are quite local to each other meet up which sounds wonderful to speak to some others in this horrible position, is there anyone in the Lancashire area on here?

3 Likes

Hiya, I’m in Lytham! And I think it’s a cracking idea to be able to meet up with people who understand what we have all been through (or are going through). x

2 Likes

Hi Arvia I’m so sorry for your loss.sending hugs.
Aw fab well if no one else wants to meet at least we can :grinning: I’m not too far from you

2 Likes

I’ve just been out for lunch with MrsC, we both live in Devon, about an hour apart, and this was the second time we’ve met up. It’s been wonderful to share stories and memories about our wonderful husbands, who quite by coincidence were both in the Royal Navy for over 35 years!
For anyone who live close enough to each other, I really would recommend meeting up….it certainly helps to make you feel ‘normal’!!! X

2 Likes

Hi ginger ah that does sound lovely, I hope I do meet some others that are local to me

2 Likes

I think we all scattered around the UK, makes sense. I’m Midlands! but I’m not sure if I have time ? it’s been tougher for me being alone after losing mum last August 23. Taking on the property I shared with mum, having to wait till June this year for mum’s will to clear, thanks to the DWP. Same time being diagnosed with Myeloma Cancer too which attacked my back and caused 7 fractures. I kind of get through day by day doing what I can, but kind of feels I’m making a little progress but not huge amounts. so my mind jumps from one thing to another and same job wise. As there is very little help these days. This country’s getting worse regards that. Hospital I can’t fault though, but I’m not out the woods yet.

2 Likes

Hi im in lancashire cluthero where are you

1 Like

Hi sunset I’m in Preston so not far from you

1 Like

I think i am the only one who comes from Hull xxx

I’m South Wales

I attended some zoom groups originated from Sue Ryder occasionally when I remembered and everyone found it helpful. The host invited anyone who was interested and set up a group with names from here and sent a link out in an email then those who wanted to logged on at the time. Obviously didn’t have to live nearby.

How did it go ?

That sounds a good idea how does it work xxx

Sounds a really good idea

I’m West Wales.

There was a host who just invited a list of people who were interested in a post from Sue Ryder forum. We got a zoom link. Just clicked the link at the time and a room full of people from their own homes chatted together. I didn’t go many ones because I used to forget. But it helped when I needed it most. I am not clever enough using zoom to be a host. But if someone is good at at this sort of thing then get together all those who respond and go for it.

Morning Enorac,
Nor am i clever enough to do it, but it does soind like a great idea.
Hugs Jo xxx

I think the one I went to must have come to an end because I don’t get any invites now. I wish I had kept link but I never got that close to anyone really. Probably some just keep in touch loosely though. Perhaps they had all come to terms with it.

I think I am right in saying, one person has to have a Zoom account.
That person can then be the host and invite others to take part in the meeting.
It is only the host who has to ‘belong’ to Zoom.

Morning I will try and look it up and see if I can do it. Xxx