Medium - thoughts please

I’m booked in to see one on 2nd October and it will be just shy of 6mths since I lost my fiancé and I really need to know if he’s ok, if he wasn’t scared alone because that tortures me every day that he was alone and scared and I very much believe in the afterlife and a better place

2 Likes

Thank you cat that sounds very promising x

Let us know how you get on please x

I have seen a few mediums some good some.terrible.
The best “contact” I had was at a ghost hunt not a medium at all. I asked a question and the answer came through on 3 different tables/devices at once. A voice came through saying " Son Steven proud grandad thank you.
I had just found out my eldest Son’s ( Steven) wife was pregnant. Co-incidence maybe but it made me very happy.

1 Like

The specifics today included:
The name of the person who had passed
The traumatic nature of the person’s passing
My brother’s name
My father’s name
Memories I’d shared with the person that had passed and names of his family.
It was too much to be coincidence and I am not active on social media, neither was he or mine or his family. She simply couldn’t have had any insider information. I wasn’t expecting him to come through in the way he did, but that he did is incredibly powerful and reassuring. I’ve heard just so many people say negative things about mediums, I was one of those people until very recently. Keep an open mind and do your research x

Hi , I lost me son a year ago . I have been seeing a medium since and she is fantastic . The first time I saw her a month after he passed , she told me , from him, how he died . She named his best friends and some relations . She gave me messages from him . Told me what I’d written in a letter I’d put in his coffin and nobody else saw it . Absolutely amazing and has helped me so much to believe in life hereafter . She doesn’t even know my name so doesn’t know anything about me . I had been seeing her face to face but last few have been over Zoom . Was worried it wouldn’t be the same messages but needn’t have worried . Accurate messages that only my son would know . I told colleagues about her and they have had readings and been totally amazed after being sceptical !

1 Like

Sorry meant MY son

Yes Jooles. ‘The proof of the pudding’. If we don’t put our toe in the water how will we ever know. I am not a great advocate of mediumship. Too many charlatans about. But you will know when you meet a genuine one. A woman called ‘Betty Shine’ wrote a good book about her mediumship. Worth a read. Most people don’t go for a reading because they fear disappointment. Of course it will happen. The degree of comfort can only be felt, and to know there is no death is a wonderous thing. No one, I suggest, should jump to conclusions. Look at it all! Experience it all then make up your mind.
Very best wishes Jooles. Always good to talk to you. John.

Some amazing responses. I have like I said been to a medium years before after doing some research, the lady I saw had a 18 month waiting list. I had lost my grandparents years ago prior to seeing her when I was young and she only had my first name, long before social media or mobile phones. She knew things that she just could not possibly know.
I think I will go to the local spiritualist church first, then try to get a one on one in a few months time. One of the replies suggested maybe 3-6 months wait I think. I am only at 12 weeks.
Thank you for all your comments, they have been a great help xx

So I’ll tell you a piece of information that blew my mind. After mum died I used to lay on my bed and hold out my hand and say in my head “hold my hand mum”. And I would do that until I fell asleep. Before I went to the audience night. I said to my mum I’ll know it’s you if you tell me you hold my hand.

At the end of the reading she said “Yes at night when you hold out your hand she holds it” I literally screamed with shock.

1 Like

It’s sad so many of us on here whose loved one died 12 weeks or so ago ,sure you are feeling same as me and just hoping for a miracle ,something to tell you that your partner loved one was Ok and not lonely or in pain anymore ,the idea of seeing a medium is appealing although I am sceptical about them generally ,Doris Stokes was always confident she would come back to confirm everything but to my knowledge never did.
Just a big hug to us all ,I miss my wife so much and feel that generally life is no longer worth wasting on me ,would like to join her or at least permanently blank it all out ,then I think of my daughter who at 24 has lost her mum and also a son who is worried about his dads well being whilst he is battling Covid .
It is such a terrible time and I can only pray we will all come out of it ,got the feeling that I will never be the same person as too much had happened ,my daughter feels as though she has lost both her mum and her dad which must be awful for her ,I am trying hard but not winning .
Steve

2 Likes

Hi Steve
I feel compelled to reply to you.
i am coming up to two years since the loss of my husband (where has the time gone) and I’m not going to say that time will heal, or we learn to move on etc, etc. But eventually the loss does become less painful and we do learn to live around our loss. You will start to smile and even laugh again, you will see things that will bring you some contentment so hang in there. You are right about us never being the same again but we can learn to accept the person we have now become.
Please never say that your life is worth nothing it is precious and a gift whatever the trials and tribulations we have to face. It’s just a life you don’t want at this moment. You have a son and daughter that love and worry about their dad. Just explain to them that you need time to grieve and they will have their dad back one day.
Please don’t try hard Steve, just let yourself grieve and heal a little bit by bit, it is early days for you and you will be all over the place at this moment. Don’t expect anything of yourself, don’t think of your future. Take each day as it comes. Some days will be horrid but others you might just see that dim distant light. I was told that you have to reach absolute rock bottom before you start to slowly climb up again and even on that climb you can slip from time to time. There is no quick fix or a set way of grieving.
I am not going to say the bad days completely go awaym but the good moments will start to come back.
I am not sure what you mean about battling Covid. Since the lockdown in March I have not spent one day without going out for a walk into the countryside or along the seafront. I keep myself occupied although it has been hard at times but the effort has been worth it in the long run.
I am also keen to see a medium although I had many visitations by my husband during the first year and he always looked so well. Unfortunately no mediums in my area but will keep trying.
Take care of yourself and praying does no harm.
Pat xxx

3 Likes

Hi Patti, did you not say in a previous post that you go to Church? Are there any other Christians here? How do you feel about mediums considering the Old Testament describes them as an abomination to God?

It is true that religions can be highly interpretative, for example, in Islam visiting mediums would be sinful in many of the orthodox schools but in Sufi Islam it wouldn’t be, so it’d be interesting to know how Christians feel about this. I know the Catholic Church is strongly against them, but what about the Church of England or other denominations like Methodists and Mormons?

Hi Angiejo1
On Youtube there is a medium called Phil Quinn. He answeres pretty much all the questions we ask about the spirit world and much more. He’s very down to earth with a lovely sense of humour. Im not easily fooled but this guy seems very much the real deal.
Love and Light Geoff

Thanks so much Pat x

Thank you Jooles

I agree and understand exactly with what you said Steve and I second what pat said. I could not have said it any better than pat and do look forward to the day when my shine comes back, even a little. As at the moment I can only describe it as the light has dimmed and everything is dull.
My 4 year old granddaughter said to me yesterday how she misses her granddad and said she hopes he is happy up in the sky, then innocently asked “can we not just get a new granddad nanny”

That was such a nice grandchild type of thing to say ,so innocent and something which feels long lost at the moment ,pat talked a lot of sense but it’s so hard inside my head to keep myself in check

Just checked Phillip Quinn’s website. He charges $175 for a 30 minute reading. Blimey! The medium I found online today in my county, well, she charges 45 pounds for 30 minutes.

Don’t know about you, but if I had the gift of talking to the dead, I’d be doing it on a “whatever you can afford” basis, I’d just want to help people. I mean, just think about all the satisfaction you will get from helping people, why on earth would I charge so much?

People might argue that doctors get paid a lot. Well, someone who is starting off as a GP will have spent 2 years doing A-Levels, 5 years doing at Medical school, 2 years doing a foundation course, 3 years training, before they can start off on a job which pays around 30 pounds an hour. How many years did these mediums spend training? That should answer your question when you’re trying to determine whether a medium is maybe genuine or not. It’s no different to the pastor in America who flies in his private jet, bought from donations people made to his Church, to the Imams in Saudi Arabia who live lives of luxury, or to the Gurus in India who live in mansions whilst the devotees who pay for their lifestyle live in huts. People making money off the suffering of others is very despicable, and I wish the industry of mediums could be regulated.

My medium charges £45 for an hour if that’s helpful to know .