Medium - thoughts please

Hi. Abdullah. Religions are full of prejudices and instructions on how to behave. Personally I have no time for them. But I do acknowledge the wisdom in teachings such as Christ and Buddha. They are very similar in that they preach love, (Compassion in the case of Buddhism), Religions but muddy the waters and are power bases for those who dictate how we should behave. None of the Christian churches acknowledge mediumship. The Spiritualist church is the only one. But, on the other hand, they talk of Angels, souls and Spirits. You do not have to be ā€˜religiousā€™ to lead a good life, with caring and love. The Old Testament is a history of the Jewish Nation which has little interest for me. When Christ arrived a new age was born. He preached love and understanding, and itā€™s not His fault we donā€™t live up to it.
There is no doubt in my mind that a genuine medium has a gift given to few. Itā€™s like the ā€˜third eyeā€™ in Hindu philosophy. A built in wisdom that canā€™t be acquired. But does it matter? If anyone feels comfortable with a genuine medium then why not. We need all the comfort we can get.
Take care. John.

Hi John, I donā€™t think genuine mediums cannot exist - they might well. I guess my problem is that most people who visit mediums are very vulnerable emotionally and that there are lots of charlatans out there taking advantage of these people. Yes, it is good if people get comfort, but it isnā€™t correct that people be given false comfort by the charlatans. Thatā€™s why I just think people should do their research and record every meeting, because when you are in an emotional state of mind, as people are when they visit a medium, they can very easily be manipulated into thinking something was told to them by the medium when in fact the medium might have made them reveal it in the conversation earlier - stage hypnotists are very good at this.

I guess there are some people who do not really care much for the Old Testament, but there are many Christians that do. I know the official position of the Catholic Church is that mediums are doing something very wrong, and @Angiejo1ā€™s Christian friend said something similar. I am curious as to what the position is of other denominations, like the Church of England, Methodists, Mormons etc, and whether Christians who are part of these Churches can reconcile the beliefs of their Church with visiting mediums.

And I am also quite bothered by the money these mediums are making - how can a medium be making more money an hour than a GP who studied and trained for 12 years? Are these mediums more interested in free market capitalistm or helping people talk to their loved ones? Theyā€™re no different to so many of the Pastors in America or Brazil, Imams in Saudi Arabia or Iran, and Gurus in India - who all claim to be doing the work of God, but arenā€™t shy asking for money to live their lavish lifestyles. So much of religion, organised or not, seems like a racket.

Hi Abdullah
I have no knowledge of what you are asking Iā€™m afraid. I have my faith but I no longer go to church and prefer to go into a church and quietly pray alone.
I have no knowledge of mediums I have never been to one but I do hope to one day but it will be something I want to do for me and I would never be dictated to by religion of any type.
Itā€™s certainly an interesting topic and I wish you luck in finding out more information and sorry I have no experience to help you.
Pat xxx

Hey Pat, thanks for replying, ah, so youā€™re not part of any particular denomination but just have your faith, thatā€™s fine, I was just trying to get that information for the benefit of people here who might belong to Church of England or some other Church so that they don;t accidentally end up doing something that isnā€™t within the beliefs of their Church. Thanks.

I suppose your right. I pray but does it really matter what church I belong to. Any church that is open I like to go in and pray and hope God is listening. I havenā€™t had a roof fall in on me, YET. I donā€™t think I would let any religion dictate to me what I feel or want to do.
I hope someone on the forum can give you the information you want.
xxx

I put up a video but it wonā€™t upload

Iā€™ve had mixed experiences with mediums. I went hastily after my first partner died in 2015 for two times and came away feeling bitterly disappointed. I donā€™t she even realised I was a gay man as she kept mentioning girls names as if she were guessing.
However I ended up going to an open house meeting some months later and to my absolute shock the medium not only described my late husbands booming laugh but also got the initials of his name right and told me I was carrying his wristwatch in my pocket. Iā€™d picked it up and taken it with me on the off chance. It hadnā€™t left my pocket. I was floored so a mixed bag for me

1 Like

Yes @Pattidot, many people are like you, they believe in God and pray, but donā€™t like religious dogma pushed onto them. I hope you find a medium that works for you.

@Steve212, itā€™s amazing how much we stereotype, when I first read your message that you had lost your husband Mike, I thought you were a woman, it was only after I noticed your name was Steve did I realise you were gay. Spare a thought for the charlatans, now they not only have to try and guess a name, they also have to try and guess if the person is gay or not so that they do not guess names of the wrong sex ā€¦

Thatā€™s good you had a better experience with the second medium. I am not anti-medium, I hope my posts donā€™t come across as that, I am just anti people making money off the misery of others, thatā€™s why I think everyone who goes to a medium should record the whole conversation so that they can later play it and ensure the medium wasnā€™t a charlatan just trying to fool them.

I agree wholeheartedly. I did feel ripped off the first time. Nothing was accurate or even remotely close. Ironic that the only time I was surprised by accuracy was a free event :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Sanny, I lost my husband last November, and in February i did go to see a Medium. I was sceptical and have never been to one before. She had never met me in her life before, but She was spot on with alot of things . She told me my husbands name straight away and told me things that no one else would know. My Dad came through too but she couldnt get his name but mentioned a place where we lived when i was a child. I was moving house and she mentioned that and said that my husband would alway be with me wherever i move to ( cause i was woried about that)ā€¦ I think it cheered me up at the time. I will go again i think

hi Sanny. I am new to this site but I think it looks like you posted your enquiry for thoughts on using a medium 5 days ago. No responses til mine, though I dont know how quickly people do reply. Though it must depend on many things. Sorry for your loss. I lost my partner of 22 years this January but it was entirely unexpected after he went to the Emergency department with chest pain but didnā€™t get seen to and died there waiting still 8 hours later. Shocking every day. I unfortunately have never seen a Medium but am open about them as long as its real and not a con medium. I have some anxiety from unusual unexplained experience. Please be careful. I would like to know how my partner and Mum who suffered terribly for 7 months at the end both are. Please could we keep in touch regarding our wanting to know our loved ones are ok? I wonder if we are near each other.

Please excuse me. I now realise that there are 51 responders to your post! I will read the replies.

Hello Sanny, I lost my son 7 weeks ago. This has given me a desire to know more about what happens we we die and the only way we can know the real truth is to hear the experiences of those who have had near death e periences.
Sammy I visited mediums when I was a youngerr person thinking they were speaking into to my life. In fact I had opened the spirit world up in a dangerous way with spirit visitations and things moving across the room.
A few years later I became a Christian and discovered the truth. Mediums are just a nice dressed up version of the occult that deceives people into thinking they are meeting with their loved ones. Ll love l
Loved ll loved llll. .

Hi Sanny
I too lost my husband almost 12 weeks ago after a 5 year battle with cancer so felt compelled to reply to you. I havenā€™t considered a medium yet but that maybe because we lost my Dad suddenly 14 years ago with no chance to say goodbye so saw a medium then. I didnā€™t get any comfort from the experience - I found the few things he told me quite upsetting which made me question the relationship I had with him. For this reason I would urge caution. Take care x

From Tinann as couldnā€™t complete beforeā€¦ Hello Sanny, I lost my son 7 weeks ago. This has given me a desire to know more about what happens we we die and the only way we can know the real truth is to hear the experiences of those who have had near death experiences.
Sammy I visited mediums when I was a younger person thinking they were speaking into to my life. In fact I had opened the spirit world up in a dangerous way with spirit visitations and things moving across the room.
A few years later I became a Christian and discovered the truth. Mediums are just a nice dressed up version of the occult that deceives people into thinking they are meeting with their loved ones. The bible clearly tellls you to stay away as they are demons keeping you away from the truth. Mascaraeding as a loved one. When my son died I cried out to God to show me he was with him and he did. This bought me more comfort than any medium could ever could can I recommend reading God and the Afterlife by Paul Perry. Its been comforting to know that my son is in the best place with God. Thanks Tina

1 Like

Hi I lost my husband on 15th August with an undiagnosed illness. I feel your pain I feel so lost and donā€™t no what to do or how to feel, I am numb and canā€™t believe hes gone from my life. I cry and feel so alone. They say each day gets better but I canā€™t believe that :broken_heart:I send love and no exactly how youā€™re feeling :heart:

I donā€™t want to trample on anyoneā€™s hope here but God is the comforter donā€™t put your hope in man. Scripture tells us Satan himself can disguise himself as an angel of light. We live in a spiritual world thatā€™s for sure and we will return to spirit. But in this spiritual world there is a hidden battle going on for you that you cannot see. Satan will come in the form of many different things to keep you away from God. Discern everything seek the truth for yourself and donā€™t follow others.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think we need to read that. This is about experiences of visiting mediums. And the comfort it has brought some people.

4 Likes

Donā€™t mean to offend anybody but Sanny has asked for peopleā€™s views of which we are all entitled to. I habe just lost my son and I am grieving too and this is my experience.

3 Likes

Iā€™m Sorry for your loss. I just donā€™t think we need to hear about Satan and god and strong views on religion.

5 Likes