Memorials

How to create a memorial now
I keep wondering what to do
To just bless and remember you
Reminder of what you used to do

3 Likes

Hi i have my husband ashes and he was a big Chelsea fan and always watched them play on tv so i had a Chelsea casket made for him i have also got a Chelsea flag as a background behind the casket as i know that he would love what i have done for him

1 Like

@sue11 . I too have my partners ashes at home in a football memorial urn. He was a lifelong Arsenal fan whereas the rest of our family were West Ham. I will hold in my heart memories of match day between the two teams and the banter we shared. Sending hugs, take care.

I wore one of my Husbands Chelsea tops to his funeral and all i could hear was him saying you can get that of he loved his tops and had loads of them . My Mum passed away in Oct 2019 and she had a really large teddy bear which was brought for her when my Dad passed away i now have the bear and have put one of my husbands chelsea tops on it

1 Like

That is a nice idea to have a special casket. Reminds me years ago when my dad died I just left his remains in the tub in the box for ages in a cupboard. I was trying to decide what to do a d wanted to plant a rose and feed the rose with his ashes but my husband wouldnt agree which upset me at the time because I thought he was being mean. Then against my agreement he told the funeral director dealing with my mum’s burial to put my father’s ashes in with Stillborn baby’s grave. I used to put a statue in our back garden for my dad with flowers because I wanted to the. My husband didn’t like seeing them so moved them. Now my husband has died and I tend his grave how I want to.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words as my Husband had only been to the Chelsea grounds a few times i thought it would be nice for him

3 Likes

These are such lovely tributes to our beloved partners! have only just received my husbands ashes, he was cremated 6 weeks ago. The family and I are planning to take some of his ashes to the South of France in August, where we spent every summer for the last 20 years with our family and friends. He loved the french culture, particularly the wine and we have so many happy memories of our time spent there. We have rented a house next to the Loire river where we can scatter his ashes so can can continue his journey through the places we visited and loved. The rest of his ashes will be kept with me at home. Maybe at some point he will rest in the garden but I am not in any rush. I hope you can find a place for your partners ashes that feels right for you xx

3 Likes

@sandi I have ordered a memorial bench to be placed along a walk we used to do regularly and which I and members of my family will continue to do in the future. I will scatter some of her ashes there. I have already scattered some along two of our other favourite walks and can now do them again with company of friends or family. The rest I shall keep and have mixed with my own and scattered together. I feel whenever I walk now she will be there and our molecules will be together in the future.

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words my husband had a uncle he never meet as he passed away a couple of weeks after my husband was born so we are going to put my husband ashes in his uncles grave so they are together

2 Likes

I am going to keep some of my husbands so i can be mixed and scattered with him

3 Likes

Mike75 - that sounds perfect, a memorial bench, and scattering her ashes along your favourite walk, it almost like she will be waiting for you to come by and you can stop awhile and sit on her bench to reflect. I really like the idea of mixing the ashes I never thought of that, Thank you xx

2 Likes

sue11 such a lovely idea to put them both together and combine your ashes with your husband. Love and hugs xx

1 Like

I like a place to visit so can tend his grave and know he is where he liked to go when he was young. I like to think he is still but that his spirit has flown and also his essence is still in his offspring and what he left behind. His legacy. I like to wear his stuff. Use his things and talk to him like I always did. But he isn’t going to have any more suffering. I am suffering instead but gradually it is becoming a bit less so. I am gradually thinking I will continue to take the positives. He never was a one to spend all his time together and I was used to being in my own a lot.
But the overwhelming is less so. There are some good things. I had him all through pandemic and some didn’t. I am grateful I shielded. Time to be together a bit more. Wasn’t what would have wished and he wasn’t cared for then only had each other . I haven’t been to those places yet and I must. It will set me off again I know but face the music when I can.

1 Like

@sandi and @sue11 My memorial bench for Diane is now in place.

5 Likes

I have my husbands ashes at home with me. He will go in with me when it is my time and our ashes are to be spread in Cornwall (if allowed) if not, then a tree to be planted.
I took some of the flowers from his service and have had these encased in hearts & butterflies plus a little bear.
I have a blanket with a combination of his and our photo’s together, I plan to have a quilt made from his shirts (when im ready to sort those). I have orderd a plaque to be added to the memorial bench we had placed for my dad last year at a local Priory that my dad and us love visiting.
Have also had a tattoo for him

1 Like

4 Likes

Not the best photo, but these are what i had made using sone of the flower’s from his service (includes feathers from our pets)… also had smaller hearts made for his mum and daughter.

3 Likes

Hubby x

4 Likes

@Mike75
What a lovely idea and what a nice relaxing place it looks.
I hope you are able to have many happy memories as you sit there on your lovely wife’s memorial bench.
Sending love xx

2 Likes

@Alir Thank you for your kind words. This is on a walk we did several times a week and I still do. I sat there today and felt both happy and sad but peaceful as if she was with me. I plan to go there for lunch on nice days and to read. Wept when I got home though. Love and hugs xx

1 Like