Memory Jar

I like the idea of a Memory Jar. I read an article about putting happy/funny memories of our loved ones in a jar. xx

5 Likes

Thank you for this Kate, I am going to have one. x x

Me too Mary :heart:

I have got a kiln jar which I thought would do but I think I’m going to buy a special one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Where would I get one from, please Kate?, I shall have to order online, as you know I can’t get out. x x

You will get one on Amazon Mary, you can also get wooden memory boxes which are nice too :+1:

1 Like

Mrs Colt is right, Amazon have a good selection Mary. You could, of course, use any glass jar you might have at home. They sell special little cards too on Amazon. xx

Thank you, V and Kate, I have been having a wander. It is a lovely idea. x

I’ve just ordered mine. I ended up buying a pretty sweet jar with lid. I really liked the one on the picture I posted but felt £30 was a tad expensive. If the sweet jar isn’t suitable, I’ll fill it with sweets :face_with_hand_over_mouth: xx

1 Like

Another thing I saw and was taken with was a photographer who had lost her husband and she took beautiful black and white photos of his favourite pair of walking boots, his fishing rods, his wallet etc had them framed and displays them round her home :heart_eyes:

Sweets wouldn’t last long enough in my house to go in a jar :pig::rofl: x

1 Like

That’s a lovely thing to do. Black and White photos can be very effective and those items very personal.

You could eat the sweets and then use the wrappers to wrap up some pebbles. Your jar would forever be full then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl: I do talk some rubbish at times :roll_eyes::joy: xx

1 Like

Yes you do :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: luv ya really :wink: xx

1 Like

Laughing out loud here :joy::rofl: xx

1 Like

Like the idea of the memory jar I have an ottoman at side of bed it’s filled with cards from Mick over the years other bits and pieces his passport etc probably be full soon after 36 years together x

2 Likes

Got my Memory Jar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s perfect Kate :heart_eyes: I think it’s actually nicer than the other one :+1: x

1 Like

Thanks V. It was a third of the price of the other…:smile: xx

1 Like

Where did you get it from, Kate? I love it. x

From Amazon Mary. It is pretty, isn’t it? I send you the link. xx