Miss my beautiful Sister.

I lost my younger, brave and beautiful sister at the age of 47 last year. She died of metastatic breast cancer which had returned after 5 years to her lungs and her liver. She left behind a 10 year old daughter. I miss her every single day and cant believe I’ve got the rest of my life without her. I still dont really believe it and push the feelings I have away as they’re too hard to deal with. It still takes my breath away. Its not the natural path life should be. She fought so hard and never complained about the vile treatment and disease she had to endure. Im still so angry, although through it all I know how very, very lucky I was to have had her as a sister.

5 Likes

Hello @Piggysmalls,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

I am so sorry for your loss sweetheart. I am in the same situation…my beautiful Sister died on 13th May we had 11 weeks and 5 days with her from diagnosis. Our hearts are absolutely broken, we were not expecting that awful news at all and we had no time to make memories or do anything nice. Its just so devastating, i completely understand and know our lives will never be the same as im sure you know. Please message if you need to chat xx

1 Like

I feel the same, i dont know how i can be without my brother for the rest of my life. Its really hard to lose a sibling. I also say i was lucky but it only helps a bit.

Sue

1 Like

I hope today is a good day for you
I do have good days so know that’s a better sign, but I havent dealt with it, I just push it away. Weekends are the worst as I would normally see her or speak to her. Work days are a distraction.
My neice seems to be coping but I haven’t seen her cry once so know she must be holding it all in. She was very close to her Mum. I’ve just taken her and my parents on a holiday in the UK as my sister always did this, and I want to make things as best as I can.
My Mum will never be the same and I mourn the loss of my Mum too in a way. Sadness will always now be part of us. How do you cope with the loss of your daughter?
My sister would hate to see me sad, so I know I have to be strong for her, my neice and my elderly parents. Its a lot. I worry about how I can look after them all.

1 Like