Miss my daughter

I find talking to Jenna helps me. I talk to her as if she is still alive. I genuinely struggle to believe she has gone. Her cancer was so widespread but I still prayed for a miracle and thought she would beat it. I suppose because the alternative was too shocking.
I find this forum helpful too. None of us want to be part of it but maybe together we can help each other get through?
X

1 Like

I feel exactly the same, i never thought my girl would ‘actually’ die, I thought she would be spared and some miracle would happen. Bloody cancer, its the evil of this world, its the devil spreading its filth and disease to anyone it chooses. I’m so angry with it, if I could see it I would literally kill it. I speak to Holly too, it does help and like you I struggle to believe she has gone, feels like she’s just away on a sleepover, but i guess she is but not on earth, someone else, somewhere far better x

1 Like

How old was Holly? Jenna was 25. We have to believe that they are in a better place, much better than here. We should also believe that the reason they were taken is because they were so special and because of that, they got their wings early. X

2 Likes

Hi Hayley, I see your lovely daughter was 19. It is so awful. My son’s birthday is also 24 September and his goal was to have his sister with him to celebrate. I will be thinking of you on Thursday and although it won’t help you please know that I am thinking of you and wishing you strength to get through. You will do it - you’re her mum.
God bless xx

1 Like

Holly was 19 years old, such a sweet girl. We have tk believe there is something better. X

1 Like

Absolutely…there has to be somewhere better for our precious children. They were too good for this earth, they no longer suffer & never will, they are safe :heart: it’s those of us left behind that suffer & bear pain relentlessly :broken_heart:
X

Juliew, I talk to my precious Ryan too. I think about him every second of every day. It helps enormously knowing we understand each other on this site. Although I would not wish this on anyone, it helps to not feel so alone in this terrible journey. Love & strength to you & everyone xx

We don’t wish this on anyone but I agree that having people who understand how we feel is somehow comforting. I hope we all find the strength to go on and our kids will live forever in our hearts.

Love and strength to everyone xx

1 Like

Would of been my amazing daughters 15th birthday yesterday ,been 3 years Jan 3rd gone, im still broken, I lost my beloved mum who was my rock 3 months later,i was destroyed but im getting stronger most weeks but its very hard i cry over silly things and dates and things we used to go to set me off, also covid took my father 5 months ago, i feel so guilty some times i guess thats the grief my emotions are all over the place ,i feel as though i cant grieve for mum or dad as im still grieving and in pain from loosing Elle,i try to be thier for my other children but i feel disconnected ,its horrid.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your terrible losses, just too much to bear. Be gentle and kind to yourself :purple_heart: sending love and strength xx

Thank you. I’m trying some days up but mostly down. Maybe one day more ups. Thinking of you all.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me, It’s 8 weeks since my beautiful Sarah passed. Is it too early for me to go back to work ? I know i have to get back to some kind of normality, But i feel really anxious. My employers have been really supportive, But have said i will only get statutory sick pay, which i can’t live on. So feel i’m being forced to go back. Can anyone give me some advice please ?

Jules

Hiya, firstly, sorry to hear of the passing of your beautiful daughter. Personally, my daughter passed in September 2020 and I went back to work November 2020. Its down to how you feel about going back to work. Maybe you could go back on a fazed return basis to see how you feel.

Lots of wonderful people here, you’ll get a lot of advise, good luck xxx

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I will try that. So sorry for your loss of your beautiful daughter x

So sorry to hear about your beautiful daughter. How on earth people expect you to go back to work carrying so much sadness. I’d had a bad RTA 12weeks before losing Laura. I just couldn’t bring myself to go back to work I was a mental health support worker. My head is not in the right place to help them. I have recently got old age pension & managing on that . I wish you well . As others have said can you not work a little at a time. I have found comfort in compassionate friends. Sending love & hugs at this sad time :broken_heart:

Hi Maggie, so sorry for your loss. I am back at work on a phase return. I must it has helped a little. Just a few hours to get a little routine. Although some days I just want to lay in my bed and do nothing all day. Life is so cruel at times. Sending you a big hug xxx

Thanks for the hug Jules. I’ve just been cemetery now sitting in my car crying. Listening to Bring him home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Hi Maggie, crying cleanses the soul. I always feel calmer when i cry, But it’s exhausting :sleepy: I find the nightime is worse for me. My house is so quiet without Sarah. I miss her so much my heart aches for her. How old was your Daughter ? Xxx

Hi Jules. Laura was 40 am crying now just because you’re asking about her. I can’t ring her later and say guess what someone was asking about you xx

1 Like

It’s hard when you need the money and your grieving
Give urself time and be kind to urself