Miss My Hubs

My husband passed away from Cancer back in October on our Wedding Anniversay. Every day brings a new emotion and am just trying to understand it all. Am new to this community and was looking for a place to be able to connect with others and see what has helped them get through it. I miss him terribly and the life we shared together.

hi Sally
sorry for your loss.hope you’ve got close family and friends helping you a little.
loads of us on here have sadly suffered the same fate.losing a loved one that as
turned our world upside down leaving us feeling empty and lost inside.
you will hopefully get a little comfort from some of the people on this site.
who will be in a better position than me to give helpful advice.which my help you.
regards
ian

2 Likes

Hi Sally, I’m so sorry you’ve found yourself here due to your loss. I have found this forum very helpful and have connected with several people who really understand what I am going through. I know you will feel lost and alone…but you’re not alone here x I hope you can find the strength to forge onwards . Love liz x

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss Sally. I lost my husband to cancer in April. It is such a cruel disease. I hated seeing him so ill. I hope you have family and friends to help you, it is early days for you. Talking to people on this site to people that understand how you are feeling really helps. Look after yourself. How I deal with this new life is just take one day at a time.
Take care!
Anne

1 Like

Hello Sally,
I am so sorry that you lost your husband, the cruel irony that he passed away on your wedding anniversary.
How are you?

Hi Dawn. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband . I know nothing I can say is going to make it better. I know because my husband died suddenly at the end of September. All I can say is keep going. Be gentle on yourself, try to do one positive step every day. Sending you a big hug x

1 Like

Thank you it helps to know you are not alone in this walk of grief. I’m sorry for your lost too. Thank you for Yr kind words

Hello Dawn,
I am beginning to think that I was one of the lucky ones, my husband, Stan, and I had been married for a couple or so of weeks short of our 59th wedding anniversary.
He passed away suddenly, he had an infection in his heart which caused it to stop, I found him on our bedroom floor, he was 84 years old. I am sorry that you are grieving so much, my thoughts are with you,
Blessings,
MaryL

Arh you have lost Yr other half your life must have been turned upside down. I’m sad for your loss keep strong blessings to you xx

1 Like

Hi sally it’s sooo hard to accept I lost my husband Christmas Day to cancer 5 weeks of being ill and I cannot believe it it’s so lonely but we are all here to listen and help if we can xx

I wish I had a £1 every time someone asked me if I would be moving house or if I was planning to stay where I am :roll_eyes: Why would I move, my sadness and grief will still be with me wherever I went. I built this home with my husband, he hung every roll of wallpaper and laid every tile. His presence surrounds me here, it is my sanctuary so why would I leave the one place where I feel safe and secure :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome sally, the people on this site are wonderful. We all know the emotions that you are going through as we are experiencing them ourselves. I don’t come on here all the time but when I do I always feel that little bit better for doing so. You may connect with one or more people as you will notice a similarity as I have done. I came across this site by pure accident and it has helped me when I’ve needed help. I’ve sat and cried while I’ve been writing and I’ve cried at others posts. No one on here is judgemental, just friendly honest people who are going through a very difficult time. Take care sally.

1 Like

Hi Vanda, I’m like you I want to stay in my home as it is surrounded by Andy and that’s where I feel my safest and closest to Andy :heart:Xx

Hello, Dawn,
Welcome to this group, my life was turned upside down by the loss of my dear husband.
Take care and be kind to yourself.
Blessings to you,
x x x x

I am going to friends for a meal tonight, will be so strange on my own without Colin :cry: fortunately if I dissolve in tears we are close enough that it won’t phase them. Not being part of a couple anymore is so hard :frowning:

So hard Mrs Colt, so very hard. Xx

1 Like

That’s what I really miss not being a couple anymore, everywhere you go couples chatting, holding hands all the normal things that you do, just really miss that warmth and contact not being hugged, no one to talk too about your day as we did over our evening meal, people keep asking me when am I going to sort Chris’s clothes out, I’m not ready for that, as I can still smell his aftershave on his jackets etc, I think that maybe people think that you need to move on but, not yet
Annie

4 Likes

I just can’t imagine opening the wardrobe and not seeing Colin’s clothes there, mind you I could be doing with the wardrobe space :rofl:like you Annie it will be a long time till I am ready for that if ever. My friends sister has taken a few of Colin’s favourite clothes and she is making me a memory cushion which is a lovely idea although I will break my heart when it arrives :broken_heart:
V x

1 Like

I had two memory bears made from Chris’s shirts

4 Likes

Aww Annie they are lovely :heart_eyes: what beautiful things to have and to treasure.
V xx

1 Like