Missing my wife

:broken_heart:thankyou x

Hi everyone so sorry for all those that are on this forum myself haven’t been on for a while. 6th of July is 8 months since my darling wife Penny :heart: passed away no better now than I was. GP was useless still is. No support what do ever. During my cancer and then my wife’s. Life is still unbearable without Penny :heart: just a horrible life anymore don’t hear from anyone just left to get on with it. Support of what Support when are Griving it’s true you do it no your own. Nobody wants to no you. They all say we will be there ok. Then you don’t hear a thing. I can honestly say if it was any of my relation I would be checking they are ok every day. Just feel I wish my cancer had taken me a well . To think last year at this time I was having Radiotherapy myself. At this period Penny :heart: was beginning to feel unwell herself. 4 months later Penny :heart:was no longer will me. Just feel GP s don’t take symptoms serious enough. We both had Cancer. GP told us in both cases we had minor conditions. Got no trust anymore.

I’m so sorry 7n my thoughts and prayers me anytime Adele x

Not that I ‘like’ your comment, but I empathise. I lost my love last November. He was 47 and I was 48. I am now 49(1st birthday without him). We had been together since we were 18 and 19. We have two grown children and two grandchildren.
My love had lung cancer and it took it less than a year from diagnosis. It was terrible for him. It was terrible for me. It still is terrible for me. Thoughts and visions haunt my waking moments and sleep is very hard to find.
Gentle hugs x

hi Peter
im very sorry for the loss of your wife.
and that you are struggling,wish I could say things get easier,well for some maybe time does ease the pain.me like you and many of us, the more time passes since we lost them the more the pain.
you may be alone in your home,but as regards this traumatic situation you are one one many of us,and we are here to listen and help if we can.i know ive found help from several very kind members who I can bounce my feeling off in private.
hopefully you will get a little comfort knowing there are lots of members who do care.
heres hoping you can find your own coping mechanism and with the help of some members find a way to cope with this very heart breaking time in your life.
sorry I haven’t got a magic wand to take away every ones pain,sadly having the love we did and have for those wonderful loving partners we have lost is the price we are now paying.
sorry for going round in circles im just writing from the heart.
try take care of your self .
warm regards
ian

My dear Adele, it is so nice to hear from you again. We all care for you and have been worried about how you was coping. I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. I hope you are still having support.
I wish I could help you more, I really do. Travelling through grief is such a hard task and it takes every bit of strength and much, much more that we can find in ourselves. It’s a lonely road but on this forum you have got friends that do really understand and care so, please keep in touch.
San is right, Edward is with you and will help you.
Take care of yourself
Pat
xxxx

1 Like

Thankyou so much Pat im utterly distraught nothing has changed since that most cruel day Wednesday afternoon in critical care where my world stopped I am still existing second by second I really don’t have the fight Pat he was and is my everything I find myself looking out of the window pining to walk up the street even if I had a moment in the chapel of rest I’d do anything to kiss his forehead again I miss him desperately Pat if missing comes close i turned 40 in may and thought of all the things we had planned for our future I miss our lives I miss him our yesterday today and tomorrow I need him I always did and he didn’t want to leave me im haunted by the flashbacks of critical care the machines the tube to clear suction secretions off his lungs the noises im filled with fear I hope your as well as can be Pat always in my thoughts and prayers take care of yourself stay safe xxxx :broken_heart:

Thanks for your kind words it gives me hope that I will get through this journey I’m just stumbling at the moment and need to steady myself

1 Like