Missing unconditional love

I’m so missing having my husband to turn to when I need to discuss things that are worrying me. I have lots of friends and family but I can’t talk to any of them like I could him.
I lost him just over a year ago after a very short illness ( only two weeks) and I’d only lost my mum two years before that. They were the two people in all the world that I could really be myself with and who I felt loved me totally unconditionally. I am lost without them and I feel my grown up boys just aren’t there for me.
I feel extremely lonely even though I try hard to keep busy and meet people most days.

26 Likes

What you said about having lost the only people you could be yourself with resonated with me and I had to comment. I lost my dad recently and he was the only one in the world now who really got me. It’s incredibly difficult and I feel more alone than I ever have before. Sending you hugs. :heart:

5 Likes

Yeh i know … im same @Hope2 its hard isnt it not having them besudes us to prop us up ! My kids arent there for me either ! They do my head in ! My mum has been good recently though bless her ! Its always so hard without our beloved husbands to turn to for sure ! And my one year is this Saturday :frowning: hope i bear up ? X

4 Likes

Dear Hope
What you posted has brought tears to my eyes
I too loss my husband he was my rock my support
Then my mum died 9 months later she was my best friend
It is so hard
Life is just not fair
I use to have panic attacks when things went wrong
David was not here to advice to talk to
But over the years I have got stronger google YouTube have helped me get through the challenges in life
Keep coming on this site and posting
Sharing does help and we all understand and don’t judge
Take care
Xx

3 Likes

@Hope2
Hi, your post is almost exactly as I feel, my husband died suddenly after just 7 days of diagnosis, I am devastated and heartbroken and your comment about him your husband being the only one you could really talk to and who understands you is exactly how I feel. I also lost my mum last Christmas Eve so that also makes me feel more alone.
What I’ve just started to do, is write things in his diary, I write the things I would have told him about and my thoughts. It’s a bit like how we used to catch up when we got back home. It makes me feel a bit close to him. Sending best wishes x

6 Likes

Yeh tjats just what i do @Kathy6 write in my journal all the things i would like to say to him ! I always used to ask his advice and when he passed away thats what i missed the most - was talking to him - about big things and trivial things ! I still miss that ! He knew me like the back of his hand. xx

1 Like

I know exactly what you’re saying, that connection with the one person who seems to know what you’re about to say before you even say it and understands you so completely :people_hugging:

5 Likes

I write in my journal every night but it would be a hard read for anyone

4 Likes

@Palmart . I know what you mean about what you write and how it would be for your husbands ears only and how they understood us and gave us the advice we respected. It’s a bit like this forum, you can say what and how you feel and others on here understand how grief hurts and how painful it is. I think writing the journal helps, keep sharing x

5 Likes

@Deb5 . Yes I miss those conversations so much, can’t have them with anyone else, it’s very hard but writing it down seems to help x

3 Likes

No its a very difficult thing isnt it ? Its so personal to each other ! Boy, i do miss him and the talks we had … :frowning: keep writing in your journal xx

4 Likes

I started to journal but stopped. Think I will give it another go because I feel sooo lonely. No children and both of us at 75 and 59 were the youngest in our families. I miss having someonecto talk too. Thankyou for reading

5 Likes

@Juliebobs All the best, it’s such a shock when there is little warning, my husband was 7 days from diagnosis to dying, it was horrendous. We used to chat over things and I find writing it down is a bit like mulling over the day with him. I won’t ever stop missing him. Lots of love to you x

5 Likes

Oh no … poor ypu @Kathy6 I had 6 weeks and that was bad enough :frowning: take care xxx

3 Likes

@Kathy6 thankyou. Today I have talked to 2 people on the phone and 1 person in real life. Never thought my life would be like this. Too sad at the moment to move forward.

6 Likes

I miss my partner every day and night.

6 Likes

Aw … so sad for you @Juliebobs and @JasonJason … gets easier with time you know … you just have to work through your grief … you will be able to smile again one day … baby steps … hour by hour or day by day xx

2 Likes

@Juliebobs i know, it’s so hard, I don’t know how to move forward, sending hugs x

3 Likes

@Deb5 . Thank you Deb5 you give very hopeful advice, be strong x

1 Like

Yeh i am some days ! On a good day but i also have rubbish days like you all do ! I just survived it for a year so i know it gets bit better with time … not as painful anyway, not as raw … you fill it with other things i suppose , other people, other interests :frowning: not cos you want to but because you have no other choice :frowning: x

5 Likes