Missing you ❤️

Really ???;is it a big one with cinamon and lemons in embedded in it ?;xx

2 Likes

We will keep each other company with our messages, because we understand what each other is going through.

6 Likes

Yeh :slight_smile: xxx

2 Likes

No its the one with the london scene that illuminates when lit.
Still the one you mentioned is very nice.
Lynne x

3 Likes

Oh right didnt notice that one ? Nice :slight_smile: Just had to get this one cos we bought same one together and he loved it, a few years ago. Showed my daughter it when we went to m&s last week and she said you gotta get it mum - so i did :slight_smile: xx

4 Likes

I don’t know whether to use the one Richard bought me or keep it. Then buy one from M&S you have mentioned.

2 Likes

Mmmm …difficult one that ? Do whatever you feel happiest doing :slight_smile: xxx

1 Like

Hi @Rome18
You could do both or one for christmas and one for new year.
I will get one for new year as it will be my 1st without him and i will be ar home alone on that day too.
Take care
Lynne x

2 Likes

Go to m&s anyway @Rome18 - theres some fab stuff in ! Honestly i couldve spent a fortune in there … xxx

1 Like

Thanks. I suppose I could use part of it and buy a new one as well. It’s my first Christmas and NY too. I lost him on 10 January so a nightmare in front of me.

2 Likes

It’s been over two and half years since I lost my husband suddenly in bed beside me. The first six months I was in a fog and couldn’t see a way out of the sadness but gradually and taking each day as it comes I am feeling close to what I was before. I’ll never be the person I was before and I’ll carry the sadness of my loss forever but I have forged some sort of life for me. It helps having strong family support and a circle of friends who will be by my side in a heartbeat if I needed them. However the loneliness never leaves me. We travelled so much, owned an apartment in Lanzarote where we spent so lunch time and every opportunity took the odd week or weekend away. Now I struggle although I did venture to Australia earlier in the year all by myself which I am so proud of - even stopping in Singapore on the way. I miss him so much. No one to cuddle up with on the sofa, cook a nice dinner for or just to pop out for a walk. I started to volunteer which I have done for two years now and met a whole new group of friends. It takes time and effort but I was determined not to be that person who just folds - my darling John would never forgive me ! Grief is all so encompassing but I was determined not to let it win.

Love and strength to all.
Georgina

9 Likes

OMG - I can identify with you all:
missing my beloved Sean every day
don’t know if it’ll ever get better
spending Xmas alone, sadly
lighting a candle for him
don’t like to feel unhappy but there’s no choice
I am praying for all of us - we will get through this together
Take care & sleep well xx

4 Likes

I lost my partner 7 weeks ago, i dont think its hit me properly yet. I still wait at 5pm for him to call me. He didnt have a will and we are not married so his daughter has told me i need to leave the house. We have been together 20 years. Heartbroken doesnt cover what im feeling

10 Likes

I admire how you’ve taken care of yourself thus far - you’re my role model.
We too travelled together so much and now I am so lost!
Take care xx

2 Likes

Oh no, it’s far too early for you to be facing this on top of trying to grieve.
I am sorry to hear and praying that all will end with love & kindness.
Take good care xx

2 Likes

Thank you Angel if I give one person some hope my work here is done. It’s not been easy trust me but I was determined to come out the other side of this nightmare intact. There were times in the beginning when I thought I would never lift my head again but gradually I found the strength to carry on.
Much love
Georgina

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all your support and kind words - I want you all to know that you too are not alone and I know exactly what you all are going through. I feel for you and will always be here listening to whatever you need to say to ease the pain and sorrow.
Take good care of yourselves xx

5 Likes

I lost my husband 6 weeks ago and this will be the first Xmas and New Year without him. I will not be celebrating either, no tree, no decorations, no presents under the tree. It will be too painful and lonely. He loved the tree going and buying presents to put under the tree. He was like a kid on Christmas morning opening his presents. Makes me sad thinking we won’t be doing it this year - just candle. I hope that we all survive the loneliness of Christmas. Take care of yourself. Big hugs to everyone. xx

4 Likes

Hi @StarGate
Yes Christmas wirhout him around will be strange. He was also a big kid lived christmas it was usually just the two of us but he decorated outside lots if lights inside and out. I cant bring myself to fo anything like that. Eating christmas dinner on my own holds no happiness.
I am not sure what to do when the time comes guess just see how i feel on the day.
Lynne x

2 Likes

Hi @Galaxy75 we don’t have any children so he was the kid and he loved spoiling me wit presents and always a huge Christmas card. I don’t think I will even bother with Christmas dinner. I will be thinking of you on Christmas day and hope that we both survive this horrible holidays. Will be here if you need someone to listen. Take care, big hug, love❤️ xx

3 Likes