Morning & Night

Thought this would be a nice thread where one can say good morning and good night. As many on here have expressed that they are now alone, you are NOT alone, so say good night or good morning, this gives some social contact at the loneliest times.

3 Likes

Another day over with, tomorrow a new day a new challenge, Good night to all, may your dreams be of lovely memories and your snores be few. X

Good morning all,today I have woken up in a doing mood. This may last hopefully until I leave the house! Decided today I will achieve one thing off my list before grief brain kicks in. X

1 Like

Thankyou Silverlady nice idea that is one of the things you miss when you lose your partner ,wife, husband even if its that I’m not awake yet grunt.
For people like me who are left on their own good night or good morning or even small talk by whatever means text,e-mail etc means quite a lot, I sometimes seem to go days without any type of conversation,when you go shopping I think some of the women on the checkout are trained like a computer,press button 1 to say hello press 2 to say thankyou and 3 without saying a word leave you to pack you r bags ,pay before they start seeing to the next customer.
Taking my little dog down the park does draw some response from some people some haven’t the time to just say hello elderly people do some younger people perhaps think 70 year old man with a maniac dog isn’t worth saying hello to,but it does help on days when you don’t have anyone to talk to.
Sorry forgot to say GOOD MORNING Silverlady.
Kind regards MM69

2 Likes

Good Morning x (close your eyes I’m in my Jim jams!) yes simple human interaction helps. A morning or hello helps, I agree, I work but the weekends omg so lonely but I make a point of getting out shopping walking my dog, I have been surprised by the activities in my village (hubby never liked to mingle) unfortunately I work so miss a lot but started to attend things again just for human contact. Keep saying hello to people sweetie it only takes one to respond to brighten the day. X

1 Like

See 7am already I have had contact and it made me feel better. X

It is hard wishing a good morning to the bereaved ( because it will never be a good morning ) but i wish you all for a better day than the day before as we battle another lonely day without our loved ones…I also give prayers that each and every day we find the strength to get stronger in getting through our now empty and lonelier life…also i give prayers to our God in taking care of our loved ones as we cannot do this ourselves…oh how i wish we could…

Jackie…

1 Like

Prayer for us, our Bereaved…

God of love and mercy,
embrace all those
who’s hearts today
overflow with grief,
unanswered questions
and such a sense of loss.
Grant us space
to express our tears.
Hold us close
through the coming days.

2 Likes

Morning has broken Silverlady, thank you for your lovely greeting this morning, means the world to me. Hoping everyone can make someone’s day today, just a moment of thoughtfulness or kindness. We can make a difference as we are so strong together through caring and love…we give and we receive, xx

Morning Jackie, well I personally prefer to say good morning because that is my mindset but i appreciate it that not all people are there yet. I dont want to say have a better day because that implies that every day is going to be bad, for me its not, its not nice but i am getting to the stage where i want to try and be more positive and try and make other people feel a little bit better about the coming day and to let them know that at night when it is worse ( for me) to let them know that someone out there knows their pain. So Im sorry if this post offends but I do feel that this thread is not the right place to be negative its a thread where I hoped people would find comfort in knowing that the day may be a little bit better by a shred of human contact and comfort. Good morning Rainbow i agree with your sentiments. x

1 Like

Thank you for this thread. What a splendid idea. I find morning & night to be the most difficult lonely times in grief. Nice to be able to get a kind word and some encouragement to go on. I wish hope and strength, and brighter days to all you good people. We lift each other. Xxx Sister2

2 Likes

Hi yes we will. Hope you have had an easier day. My mind taken over by my poorly dog x Glad you dropped into say hello x

Good afternoon, sorry I’m a bit late for the good morning bit. I have two impatient dogs that want to go out (won’t use garden), so off I go for a two hour walk.
I decided to change the front garden around when I got home and just come in and sat down with my back killing me. I will come on again this evening to say goodnight though. I can mange that if I don’t fall asleep in front of the TV.

What’s the matter with your little dog???

Pat

Hi Pat no time limits on saying hi or bye. X
No idea she’s eating okay and had a play being more loving than normal, she goes everywhere with me but being very clingy, the other end that’s another matter, gave her some boiled chicken and rice, she ate it, will pop in the vets in the morning, she’s my ba hopefully better in the morning. X watch your back, two hours lol your walks are like mine!

What a lovely idea. I have taken it one step further and I have two good friends I have made through this site. We message each morning and each evening and if we can squeeze a chat in we do. Sometimes it is more a marathon than a chat. It does make such a difference. I usually message on my way to work - dictate it into Siri in the car - sometimes the messages are a little strange - and sometimes have to be rerecorded as if someone cuts me up while I am driving the first draft tends to include some choice language. Even funnier when Siri ‘reads’ it back before sending… did I really say that ???

2 Likes

Trisha high five !!! Brilliant, it’s silly what a kind thought or gesture can mean. What a brilliant positive move forward for all three of you. It Is strange where we can find friendship in the most difficult/strangest of circumstances. I purchased an outdoor set thru EBay the lady and I talk all the time! I recently joined a site called together friends ( it’s where you meet new friends in your area, as I lost quite a few when hubby died) , I am hopefully meeting up with one of the ladies on there soon for coffee. I do think it is so lovely that you have found a positive in such a difficult situation. Your post made me smile x

Glad I made you smile - your posts are always inspiring. This new life is bxxxxy hard but I am determined to live it the best I can. Like others I often cry my eyes out - but when I do I think how lucky I was to have the best 40 years ever and really I just wanted more. I tell myself we were so happy we just used up our quota of happiness - as everyone has an allotted amount in this life. It helps - not always - but anything to get us through.

I am a chatter - my daughter says I get on the bus and when I get off I usually know the life story of the person sitting next to me, Drives her mad in the mornings when I drop her off at the station - ‘too much mum - I am not awake yet’. I have also joined Wayup - but not managed to get to a meeting yet - but that I can blame on long working hours.

I will bid you good night now- and sweet dreams.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Good night Trisha nothing wrong with being a chatterbox my hubby used to say I could have a conversation in an empty room lol. I hope you sleep well , still a problem with me but getting better x

Goodnight Silverlady might get few hours sleep tonight haven’t slept to well for last 11 months

1 Like

lovely idea, I have only just been told of your new thread, so for this time, I shall bid you a good night God bless.

truly hope today was an improvement on yesterday and tomorrow is an improvement on today

blessings
Jen ☆

1 Like