Mrs

MY SON JAMES DIED 8 WEEKS AGO, HE WAS ONLY 33 EVERYDAY IS A STRUGGLE, IM HURTING AND GRIEVING SO BADLY, IM A SHADOW OF THE WOMAN I USE TO BE
MY GP HAS PUT ME ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS
CANT HANDLE LIFE NO MORE

3 Likes

Hi Eleni,

I’m so sorry to hear about James. It sounds as though things are very painful right now and that you’re understandably struggling.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
    • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
    • If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also connect with other grieving parents on this forum. Some active threads are:

You could start by reading through some of the other parent’s experiences, and then introduce yourself if you feel up to it. Although nothing can take away the pain, many of us here find comfort in sharing it.

Take care,
Hazel
Online Community Team

Thanks Hazel
I’m so depressed, iv screen shot those numbers and information
I feel so robbed Me and James were very close
I can’t explain the pain im going through
I pray to God every night to let me die in my sleep

1 Like

Dear Eleni

I am so very sorry you’ve lost your lovely son. I know your pain as I lost my son in October 2019.

I didn’t want to carry on…couldn’t see a point…that feeling did pass eventually. Please be kind to yourself you will be in shock and it’s literally like a bomb has gone off in your life. I meditate- that calms those feelings of panic.

My son was Henry and he was just thirty years old. We were close and it feels like you’ve lost a part of yourself forever. I’m thinking of you and hope you can find support.

This site is amazing- do keep posting. You are not alone…there are so many of us here for you.

Tell us about your son when you can.

Big hugs and love
Purple

1 Like