My beautiful mum

My mum died tragically yesterday the pain I’m in is excruciating. My poor dad just wants to be with her. They were together for 60 years, they were best friends. My mum was my best friend, I loved her so much. It’s breaking my heart seeing my dad so broken.
I know it’s early days but I don’t think it’ll ever get easier :broken_heart:

Hi Claire68.
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved mum. I feel the pain you are going through. It’s heartbreaking to lose someone you love so dearly. My condolences to both you and your dad. Stay strong for your dad and give him plenty of hugs.
I’m sure you’ll get plenty of support and kind words from the lovely people on here.

Lots of love to you both.
Jay

1 Like

Thank you Jay for your kind words x

I feel I’ll never find peace, she was my everything

Really sorry for your loss,I’ve only just started on this road so can not offer the best advice as I’m at the start like you but I know this its min by min hour by hour day by day xxx

Thank you Alan, so sorry for your loss too. Xx

I am the same as you, lost my mum, my best friend at the end of October. I don’t really know how I have got here and am still here. I am sorry that’s not helpful advice but know your not alone.

1 Like

Big hugs and stay strong x

Hello, so sorry for your loss. I’m hoping it will hurt a little less as time goes by, but I’m not sure it will. I’m only here to take care of my dad, and i have 2 daughters 20&22, I just wanna be with my precious mum. I love and miss her so much.

Like you Claire I have 2 children and all I can think about is being with my Mum.x

My mum passed on the 3rd of November…
Mum was my best forever friend.
I have 3 “children” 25,21&18…
My husband thinks I’m being so selfish when saying I want to be with my mum.
TBH I sometimes agree with him!
I’m so sorry you’ve lost your mum and going through this pain.
I know i’ll miss her forever - I can only hope the pain will ease a little…
Take Care x

I feel your pain, I hope we heal Alan, although never completely, my mum has a bit of my heart with her, as I’m sure your mum has a bit of yours too :heart:

I’m so sorry, isn’t this pain so crippling! I guess we were super lucky to have such wonderful mums. I’m sorry for your loss, I also think I will miss her for the rest of my life. I’m sure it will be a little less painful as the years pass, but at this moment in time I can’t even fathom not feeling this much pain. Take care too xx❤️

Oh Soo Crippling…
It brings me to my knees…
I often find myself at her grave shouting and pleading with her to come back home.
I just really need to be with her. :cry:

x

Oh my god, I have tears in my eyes now :pensive:I’m so sorry, sending you massive hugs xx
When I’m driving on my own I’m just sobbing and asking her to come back to me.
I’d give anything to just see her one more time :disappointed_relieved: Lots of love to you xx

1 Like

Ironically yesterday my van broke down and when the breakdown man came to rescue my van he had to drive me an hour back home.Anyway we got talking for him to only tell me he lost his Mum last Saturday she was 67 and as he unfolded the story to me it was more or less a carbon copy of my last weeks with my Mum.
He seemed quite ok ,I asked him how do you cope so well?for him to respond well I lost my wife 6 years ago to cancer leaving me with my 2 children at 40 years old so I have had to learn to cope ,so it made me feel gutted for him xx

Jinxie, Claire68 and Alan2

They say that time is a healer, but as time goes on you seem to find it just as hard to face the fact that they’ve gone. They will never be forgotten and everyday you will shed a tear, but it’s only because you love them and wish that they were still here.

Our mothers taught us everything except how to live without them.

1 Like

So true :heart: And so heartbreakingly sad x

1 Like

I have 2 daughters too 10 & 12 and I feel so bad that I want to be with my mum. How can I feel that way when I have these two lovelies relying on me. X

Yes my husband is the same with me and it makes me feel awful because it’s true. I have 2 daughters 10 & 12 and I just feel not enough of the woman my mum was, I can’t imagine them feeling the same about me as I do about my mum. She was a force of nature. X