My Christmas Eve Candle Tribute

Hello everyone!
How special is it that so many of us will be lighting candles “together” this evening!
I so hope that we each find comfort and peace in remembering and honouring our loved ones in this way and in connecting with each other across time and space.

This thread is for those of us who may want to write a tribute or tell us more about their particular candle(s).

This will be a difficult Christmas for so many but the underlying Christmas message is one of Love and Hope…and that is what each one of our flickering flames will represent this evening.

Take care x

8 Likes

Such a lovely idea.
My candle will be for my husband, who died on 30th June. He was so loving and generous and would do anything for his family. We were as important to him as he was, and always will be, to us.
I hope and pray that, whatever there is after death, he is safe and knows how much he is loved.

5 Likes

I will be lighting my candle for my beloved husband Colin who was taking from me 2nd May 2017.
This will be the first Christmas I will have spent on my own through out my life , but like many other families after this terrible year there are going to be so many of us in the same position, but we can all link together at 7pm when we all light our candles for our loved ones and we will be surrounded by love…

6 Likes

This is going to be the first Christmas without my world, my Mum. I love and miss her so much.
She taught me what it truly means to love and be loved. I guess that’s what Christmas is all about.

I light this candle for my Mum ‘Hazel’ who was very special and who always had a smile. She passed away peacefully on February 22nd 2020.
It’s not the same without her and it never will be. :pray:

4 Likes

I shall be lighting my candle for my darling wife Gill who died on July 26th. I am facing a Christmas totally alone for the first time in my life. Gill loved Christmas.
I shall be thinking you all as well as my Gill.

Peter

8 Likes

Peter, I am pretty sure I won’t be the only one on here who will raise a glass to you and the memory of your lovely wife Gill on Christmas Day. I wish you a peaceful day when hopefully, the memory of Gill will comfort, and not upset you.
With love and hugs,
Ann

2 Likes

I’m lighting two candles tonight. One for my darling husband, Jeff, who passed away on the 25th July. You are so missed so much but your light will shine forever, my darling, and I will always remember the twinkle in your eye. The other candle is for my darling grandson, Renley, who was so cruelly taken from us whilst still in his mummies tummy seven years ago aged just 22 weeks. I had the honour of holding his tiny little body and it’s something I shall never forget, To everyone who has loved and lost I hope we can find some peace by lighting our candles together. Thinking of you all. Jacqui xx

5 Likes

Hello. I will be lighting a candle at 7.00pm for my darling husband Bob who passed away on 17th June this year. He hadn’t been ill as such, the GP thought he just had GERD but sent him for a scan anyway. Two weeks later he was gone leaving me broken into a thousand pieces after 41 years together. I have been reading this site for the last 6 months and have learnt from everyone’s wise and sad comments, understanding their pain and mine. Thank you all. I am pleased to join with this evenings wonderful idea at this sad, lonely and heartbreaking time for us all. God bless x.

5 Likes

Lighting a candle for my partner Tony, it’s been 4 days and I am broken and really struggling. Hate this feeling of despair and loneliness. (Sorry this is my first post)

8 Likes

My dad it be 2 years on 8th jan2021

2 Likes

Thank so much Ann. I am struggling badly but folk in my village are being very kind.
Will think of you and everyone else here at 7pm.
Love and hugs in return, Peter x

2 Likes

I know that feeling so well. How would we manage without the support we receive from SR, friends and neighbours?
Hugs, Ann xxx

1 Like

Tonight I have lit my candle in memory of my beloved Mum and best friend, Hazel lost in March. It is my first Christmas without her. She was a very special lady and is sadly missed by lots of people. I only hope I can be half as much the person she was and make her proud. Life will not be the same without her but I will try my best to live my life well in her honour. Forever loved and missed xxx

5 Likes

My candle is lit in memory of my darling Ron who passed25Sept 2018. I love and miss him so much. I lit my candle at 7PM and I am thinking of you all with love.Be brave. That is all we can do until the darkness lifts.xxxx

5 Likes

I have lit my candle for my Husband Robbie it is first christmas without him Love and Miss him So so much :heart::heart:

5 Likes

I have lit three candles for my darling John. It has been 20 months now but I miss him more than ever. He is forever in my heart and mind which I know is the same for everyone who has lost someone. May the love we have link us together to give us much needed strength and comfort at this time.

4 Likes

My candle is alight in memory of my beloved husband.

4 Likes

For my perfect man, missed every day :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I lit my candle tonight in memory of my lovely brother who passed away on 25th October this year at the ago of 66 after a short but cruel battle with cancer. As he lived in Jersey I hadn’t seen him since he visited last Christmas and flew back on 2nd January. Unable to visit him whilst he was ill due to the COVID travel restrictions and unable to attend his funeral, I have been struggling to come to terms and accept he has gone from our lives forever. Also in memory of dad who passed 25th November 2005 and mum who passed 1st May 2012.

3 Likes