My life is worthless and now has no reason to be

Don’t be sorry you can message whenever you want. Being lonely you long for the phone to bleep.
Waited for a fireplace to be delivered. For nearly a year she wanted this fireplace and just as the room is being finished Allison was stolen from me. So upsetting getting things she wanted to make our home even better but not given the chance to enjoy it. Find it so hard to accept.
Now sitting in living room same as every night. Curtains drawn and a candle lit Infront of a photo taken on out 20th anniversary 2 years ago. She was do happy and beautiful smiling at me.
I know I can’t have her back but I miss her so much.

as long as you keep living, you will go through the grief process which is a long and hard road. did you expect that your feelings after losing the love of your life would be light and easy? the deeper the love, the harder that road is. but as you go down it, which you must if you keep on living, it moves farther and farther back. but you are not ready for any of that. you have to immerse yourself in the grief for the next few years to come. when I faced death, I could not even bear to think of the future --so I didn’t. take it day by day. grieving properly is the only way. you must climb the mountain. there is no going around it. the grief class discussed the stages, but I did not pay attention because I was not ready or able, to comprehend them. life will take care of the rest. grief support classes helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I was with people who were like me, whereas the rest of the world and its people, were aliens.

1 Like

Hi JayandAllison,

You are so right that what is the point even if you are ok financially if your loved ones around you. I wish my Andy was the with family have nothin else.

Jay, I feel the same way - I ask myself the same question - why am I still here? I wish it was me that died, and not her - she didn’t deserve that - she was a young at heart and happy person. Please understand that you are not alone in this ordeal. My sympathies!
Herb