Hi everybody im maz and i lost my husband of 24yrs on the 11th of july and dont know what im suppose to do or not do, when you have been with the same person for yrs then suddenly im being told they cant bring him back when i thought they will take him to hospital and i still dont know what to write or not but i am a good listener and i only talk to my 32yr old son who alan brought up as his own when he was only 8yrs old
Maybe its still too raw to think of plans or our life without alan i dont know but i found this group as i dont have any friends

11 Likes

Im always on here lately. I feel like i need to talk to people that know how i feel after losing my brother 4 weeks ago. I cant talk to friends or i break down and i dont want to burden my family as theyre grieving too, even though they seem to be coping better. Keep talking to someone you can message me any time. Its a lonely feeling grief xx

5 Likes

Awww thank you and so sorry sending huggs and strength

3 Likes

Hi Maz. So sorry for your loss. You’ve come to the right place. Everyone here has lost a love and are hurting. You can vent and share and express your feelings here. I feel better after reading through these posts knowing I’m not alone.
Hugs

4 Likes

Thank you and i just needed to talk to somebody who knows how i feel as once the funeral on the 6th of august i dont see anybody anymore as its like well we have done our bit then leave me as i miss just meeting up for a coffee but thank you

5 Likes

You can cry on my shoulder anytime you need to.

4 Likes

Hi Maz sorry for your loss, I lost my husband of 27 years in June, Its tough not gonna lie I am
lost dont know where i fit, friends are kind but !!
Im guessing the further down this path we tread the more answers will come our way - I hope !!!
Hang on in there x

Shan

3 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss hunny it is hard and i just dont know what to do as i have bad mobility but have to battle through chronic all over pain with fibromyalgia and cant step foot out my front door and the animals need me too so feeling overwhelmed

4 Likes

Hi

It’s very important to keep posting. As a group there is so much support here. We may not be hands on … but we can all listen and not judge but share our experiences and ways of coping

Sending you a hug
Dee xx

4 Likes

Thank you ever so much it really means a lot

2 Likes

Thank you honey I’m here for anyone else to say I’m a great listener

2 Likes

Mazzy I lost my husband of 40years suddenly and unexpected in June. I know how you feel some days I feel guilty for going hours without thinking of him then crying my eyes out the next day.

People don’t know what to say so just avoid you and you feel so alone. Not sure if it gets better or you learn to live with the loss. Take care

4 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss Mazzy. It’s so hard knowing what to say at these hard times in are lives. I list my dad in 2019, my husband very suddenly in 2020 and now am sorting am mums funeral out, we lost mum Saturday 18th 2021. We can’t see a end to it all l feel that l have not grieve any of them yet. You take care and take a day at a time xx

5 Likes

Thank you hunny im so sorry for all your loss of your loved ones hunny its very hard isnt it sending love and strength x

1 Like

Awwww im so sorry that was like my husband he went into the shower before the mens single tennis final at wimbledon and i said id make u a drink and heard the curtain go round and not even 60 seconds i heard this almighty noise and both dogs started barking and then i heard the death rattle and he was gone a heart attack at 62

3 Likes

Hi Maz, its so hard, i understand. I lost my mum in January and then my husband of almost 38years in March. I also suffer from fibromyalgia, my husband used to help me so much, he was the only one who really understood how it affected me. Obviously i miss his help, however what i miss most are the little things, eating together, holding hands, his hugs, someone being there when i come home, his laughs, his love, care and understanding. I could go on as im sure you will know. Im available for a chat whenever you need. Sending love. X

3 Likes

Hello Mazzy
I too lost my partner on the 10th July.no two days are the same,just take things at your pace .I have found this site a great comfort. I still talk to Steve every day asking him questions,saying good morning and night. This helps me cope each day.xx

3 Likes

Omg im so sorry its hell and i just broke down earlier for no reason and i come from a big family of 10 kids and only my siblings came to alans funeral as his four grown up kids said no and it hurt as i was their stepmum when i was only 28yrs old myself and the oldest kids was 15yrs old and im 52yrs old now and my african grey calls for dad and i still have the hole in my bathroom door where the three ambulances crews tried to get to him but i heard his last death rattle breath and gone and i feel the failing cause i couldnt get to him to hold him but they laid him out in our bed waiting for the funeral parlour came to collect him and so i havent slept in our bed since the 11th july not that im scared to it just hurts too much

2 Likes

Oh God help us all. One posting after another filled with horrible stories of how our loved one passed from us None of us wanted our W/H/P to be alone at that last moment, but that very rarely happens. My Husband died from Covid. I too couldn’t be with him at the end, and I’m tortured by that. I’m so sorry for you.

3 Likes

Mine died from cancer diagnosed and died in 3 weeks. Here we can meet others in the same or similar times . Keep talking to others it dose help, healing will take time everyone is different. Xx

4 Likes