Thanks for the info I will see if there is one in London near me

So sorry about the loss of your brother, my sister died 4 months ago and Iā€™m totally broken, life has changed, my look on things are so different and I donā€™t have the energy for people anymore, I never realised how painful loss was until my sister went, I didnā€™t feel this with my grandparents or my aunt or uncle even though I was so close to them, this is a good place to talk

3 Likes

So sorry to hear how much you are all suffering.

Iā€™ve been ringing the CRUSE helpline to spread the load of talking about itā€¦so far they have been very helpful.

I do reach out to others but I worry that itā€™s a bit too much for them at times.

Sending strength to you all :hugs:

2 Likes

Life has definitely changed and im the same . Had to come off social media for a bit because i dont have the energy for anybody and the ones that say they are there for me and then they disappear. Cant take 2 secs to send a text. So im concentrating on my self and my kids. Xxx

2 Likes

Sometimes itā€™s the only way, Sending hugs and strength x

2 Likes

And to you xx

1 Like

This is what happens! people get on with their own lives after a few weeks and probably assume that you are doing the same, others find it difficult to know what to say to you, i do agree though that a quick message letting you know they are thinking of you is always nice, some of my friends still send me messages now and then and i do appreciate it when they do, 5 months on from my Eileen passing away and i am still struggling through each day, sending you best wishes.

3 Likes

I have a wonderful friend who asked me what I needed, I said a text every day and thatā€™s what he does.

A very rare and precious friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s really nice to hear, itā€™s what we all need, just to know people are thinking of you is comforting x :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree with you all just a text each day would be lovely people and even family just donā€™t bother say they are here for you donā€™t get what that means as they can not even bother to phone and chat it is so lonely people say time will heal I think not it can not ever heal the loss is unbearable worse pain ever thoughts with you all xxx

4 Likes

People go back to their lives as normal, sadly for the ones who have lost the person they loved most thatā€™s not an option :cry:

4 Likes

People donā€™t seem to understand that after the death and burial thatā€™s when you really need all the support possible they expect you to just get on with life as normal. If they only knew that life will never be the same and trying to make sense of how to start a new chapter in your life is the hardest and most painful process.

Sending virtual hugs to you.

6 Likes

I agree with all you are saying it is sad that friends and family stop calling yes I think they think we should get on with life as normal it will never be normal or even close I just not sure how I will get through life with out my husband 45 yrs together I miss him so very much the pain is awful sending hugs to all hurting x

4 Likes

The pain is always there somewhere under the surface, the least thing can trigger that moment of absolute sadness, sometimes itā€™s a memory you have but the sadness of loss is something that is always there, we can still laugh at times and smile when we have thoughts of the good times but always there will be them moments when you just canā€™t control the grief when it strikes, itā€™s just something we have to bear until it passes :cry:

3 Likes

Nice words I guess we can laugh one day but right now itā€™s all tears and feeling angry that I am left behind to deal without him not sure I can see how

1 Like

I feel your pain, itā€™s hard i know, over 5 months now since my Eileen passed away and i still feel the heartache every day, i would have thought it would have got easier by now but it hasnā€™t at all, and now Christmas is coming and i will just miss her even more because she loved Christmas, i will try and make the most of it for her, but i know itā€™s going to be really emotional for me and my family x

2 Likes

Tony I agree 100% with what you said however my greatest fear is returning back to work I have tried to explain this to one of the Gps at my doctorā€™s office her attitude was so bad she was so unsympathetic and rude which only added to my current mental state and current pain.

But as you said cry when you need to cry just let the tears flow and I add to that by saying just ride the rollacoster for however long you need to.

I miss my husband so much :sleepy:

1 Like

I took 6 weeks off after the funeral, my boss was ringing me asking when i was going to return to work, i just told him that i was too stressed to return, i then rang my doctor and asked for another note for a month, my point is, donā€™t let people pressure you to go back to work, you have to be sure that you are ready for it, i have to say though that since i went back it has helped me take my mind off things, my work colleagues have also been very supportive which has also helped me, if you are feeling pressured i would suggest you request to speak to another GP, stress is really difficult to deal with in normal times but, when you are grieving itā€™s even harder to deal with, i wish you well and hope that you get things sorted.

1 Like

Thank you Tony

1 Like