New year

Its so difficult going into a new year. Appreciate having an alternative word to happy.

5 Likes

Hope for the new year

4 Likes

I was thinking the exact same myself, I really can’t use Happy because selfishly I’m not!

6 Likes

I like that - hope for the new year to all on here. :heart::wave:

2 Likes

Thinking of you all I like that hope for new year I don’t use happy because it will never be will it x

4 Likes

Hi Viv, that is such a poignant , the first footing, I totally understand that. Sending best wishes to you

1 Like

Mine too. Dreadful

1 Like

Awful, same here in Manchester

1 Like

Thanks Jane, hope you are well.

1 Like

I am just about coping . Hope you are ok too

2 Likes

I keep telling myself: 'It’s just another day", trying not to look at the new calender that I found so difficult to put up.

3 Likes

Me too it’s like torture

The grief keeps coming in waves and still cannot believe it

This forum helps let off steam share feelings etc

4 Likes

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss it’s so very hard to carry on without your love one beside you I lost my husband to be 18 months ago and 10 weeks after his passing we were due to marry , it’s so hard but we must try keep positive he was only 55 it was so sudden I still can’t believe it’s happened , try take care Yvonne

4 Likes

@Poppy1990 that’s so sad that you didn’t get to marry your beloved. I do count my blessings that I was married to my love for almost 29 years. It was less than three weeks until our anniversary when he died. I found my card from him, already signed, in his bedside cabinet when I sorted through it.

Sending love. xxx

3 Likes

Finding your anniversary card after his death must have been bitter sweet. Bet you will treasure it for ever i found all jims cards the other day when looking through a box seeing his handwriting really upset me .

4 Likes

Yes, @Misprint , mixed emotions. There was also my birthday card which was 11 days later plus enough birthday and Christmas cards for several years. I haven’t had the courage to re-read the letters yet.

2 Likes

Hi Rusty, like you l wanted to get over Christmas & new year. I hope you have a peaceful new year. :hugs:

2 Likes

Hope you have a easier new year x

Thanks @Poppy1990, I hope so too.

Hi its so hard this time of year my hubby would have been 80 new years eve 12 years without him .My birthday yest 2nd Jan and my first christmas without my lovely boy Mark who was my rock after losing his dad .Our only child.I am trying so very hard to think of life ahead without them unbearable.I have had a few breaks since Mark died but have booked three for 2023 it wont take the pain away but I dont know what to do for the best really feel empty.I do hope everbody on the forum feels life will be worth living in the year ahead but its so very very hard.Its not life as we know it.love and hugs to to you all xxxxxx

3 Likes