No one to talk to

Hi I feel exactly the same as you and have similar experiences after 18 mths. It doesn’t get any easier. Love goes on forever.
Love and Light.

2 Likes

I have toyed with going to a psychic or even a spiritualist church, but for some reason it scares me, I am not sure why, I have gone to quite a few theatre shows with mediums, and they never bothered me. Did you feel apprehensive going, or had you been to one before?

1 Like

Hi Robin and Viv, I too have toyed with the idea, but I’m scared - not sure why - might be because I believe in it, or maybe because I don’t, but want to. How do you know a medium is genuine? I feel as if I’m quite gullible, and will accept what they say because I want to. I desperately want my husband to talk back to me, or show me in some way that he is okay wherever he’s gone. I ask him, but he never answers. I’m not sure what to do. It’s been over 4 months, but I don’t know anyone I feel I can talk to about it.

4 Likes

Hi Lois I agree just how do you if you are not speaking to someone who is a fake. I think I will just be happy with the signs I get now, even if they are not often.

5 Likes

Viv3 it’s just good to have something to believe in! if they really can communicate with us in some way even if we don’t always understand the signs, it’s a nice thought to have that they are still around in some way and that the love is still there and always will be. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I totally agree, I think we just have to look out for them, sometimes I think I miss them, like the lights in the kitchen, not had that happen again.

3 Likes

I keep seeing robins but other than that I have had nothing, no dreams which is heartbreaking but I do feel and know he is at peace strangely enough xx

5 Likes

I have robins and all sorts of birds in the garden but the white feathers on my doorstep just after she passed and feeling her presence with the pungent smell of the candle from the chapel of rest was the closest I have felt to her. I keep asking her to visit me as a ghost, like her mam did when I was little, but she hasn’t, even when I am pleading with her because I am so distraught. It feels like she left me behind. I’d do anything to see her or speak to her or just to feel that she is at peace and happy. I hate having to wait to meet her again.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful, my boyfriend was found dead in his house he had been dead for a few weeks before I knew he had died two things happened. He had been joking with me that I needed to get rid of ‘all those gold framed pictures’ I think he was thinking it would be good to live together, anyway when he died but before I knew a large gold framed picture came off the wall and was carefully perched on the sofa unbroken, the strong gold wire at the back had not broken at the fastening but was like it was cut in the middle. This happened when he would have died but I didn’t know he had died. Also at that time I was very worried as I couldn’t get hold of him and he said he was v Ill but said he was going to hospital, he lives far from me, also just after the time he died I was sitting at my desk and I always wear a ring with one stone on my third finger and I had a compulsion to pick up a solid band ring I had on my desk for years and put it on under the other ring, it almost felt really emotional like someone else was putting it on, together they look like wedding ring and engagement ring although on my right hand. For days after I kept looking at them and thinking how beautiful they looked, I know it sounds strange but I think both things were from him, a joke about moving in and taking down my gold framed picture and then that he loves me and would have wanted to marry me. I’ve since found out that when spouses die people often move their rings to their right hand, now I will always keep those rings there to remember my love for him. I had other things happen when my father died, I was sorting out paying off money I owed on interest free deals and I owed £18000 mainly from when I was bringing up my son on my own, after he died my fathers voice said’ it will be alright when you get to £13000 ‘ well I knew it was true but I couldn’t think at all what could happen When I got it down to £13000 I got a letter from work saying I could access £20000 from my pension I really believe that we can be quiet and still and still feel the love around us but of course we always miss the physical presence Bit of a long story! :hugs: to all x x

5 Likes

Hi Caroline, I love your ‘stories’. I do believe that loved ones watch over us. I keep asking mam to visit me again. I felt her presence and smelt the candle from the chapel of rest (no mistaking the pungent aroma). I felt blessed that she was with me but it all stopped when I turned round and asked if she was there. I wish I’d kept quiet and just enjoyed her being with me. The white feathers on my doorstep were a clear sign. I do believe I’m tuned into the spiritual world to some degree. When I was young my mams mam (grandma) visited me because I was so upset by her death months later and she came to tell me she was ok and happy and not to worry about her. When I was in my early twenties we lived in a very old house which had a history of being haunted. I was on my sunbed and felt a presence watching me. I was terrified (and naked) and shouted for them to go away and they did. My sisters children used to play with the ghost children and toys which had been put away were out in the morning. We all saw the black cat at different times. When we left I actually said goodbye to whoever was still there because they weren’t threatening in any way and just occupied the same space in which we lived. So many things have happened for me to just dismiss it. I believe that if you can feel, see, touch or smell then it is real.
I’m so very sorry to hear about your boyfriend. That is truly awful. I live alone and am terrified of nobody knowing I have died. I believe it was him with the picture frame and the rings. Things happen and we know at the time they are significant but don’t know why. You knew but just couldn’t make sense of it until later on. I think there’s so much more to life / death / spiritualism / a higher sense of being. Someone explained that to die is an overwhelming sense of peace and fulfillment, like the feeling people get when their children are born. Absolute bliss. I hope so. And I hope my mam is there to collect me so I can be with her forever.
Much love x

4 Likes

Hi JaneyS,
addition to my earlier post! last night i was again woken by the smoke alarm going off outside of the bedroom, this is the second time this has happened, i have tested the alarm to make sure that it is not faulty, it is working fine, very strange, i do believe that it is my Eileen letting me know she is watching over me or trying to tell me something, i just wish i could make sense of it.

3 Likes

I’m sure it is your Eileen too, having a smile that she’s waking you up Tony…I think it’s wonderful. She will just want you to know she’s watching over you with love.
I haven’t had anything strange happen lately, although last night I was begging Ian to let me know he is ok.
Hopefully he’ll send a sign…I find it very comforting. I hope you do too
Janey x

2 Likes

Yes Janey, i definitely find it comforting, although it does startle me when it wakes me up, i don’t feel scared or anxious, i feel a real sense of peace and it’s beautiful, keep believing that Ian will send you messages as i am sure he will, sending you best wishes x

2 Likes