No Regrets...I have many...

Oh Pat, that is terrible and very upsetting, yes put in a complaint but It wont undo the stress caused to you in seeing your beloved Brians grave in the state that is is now left in…How upsetting that anyone can destroy a rose bush that is obvious that was planted in memory of the person who it was intended for…

Jackie…

Thankyou Jackie. I know it might seem silly, just a bit of strimming in a small area but I was looking after Brian as I always have and feel as if we have been invaded. I can replant i know and already deciding what I am going to put around him. They have destroyed the beauty of the place. People come to the cemetery to just sit and enjoy the peace of the place and it’s wild flowers were quite beautiful. Insensitive Council as usual.
What sort of day are you having. Everyday is a challenge for all of us but I think your quite a remarkable woman with what you have had to cope with of late.
Take care. Love Pat xxx

Dear Pattidot,
There’s nothing silly about your reaction to the destruction of your rosebush. Many people seem not to understand the significance of such “small” things to others. As time goes on, it seems more and more thoughtless damage is done in the name of tidiness. Although it doesn’t have the emotional impact of your loss I found myself getting very upset the other day when neighbours of ours cut down yet more trees in our road, for no obvious reason. When we moved in thirty years ago, the whole road, a small cul de sac, was full of beautiful trees, deliberately retained by the developer. One by one, they’ve gone, simply because newcomers didn’t like the inconvenience of fallen leaves in autumn. It’s always bothered me, but since we lost our daughter I seem to feel it more and more, as if I’ve somehow lost a layer or two of skin. Partly, it’s because I know how much she loved nature and hated the loss of habitat for wildlife.
Replant. Complain. Make your feelings felt. There’s nothing I can do as I don’t own the gardens where the trees were but you have every right to expect your little piece of land to be respected.
Good luck, take care,
Jeannie xx

Jeannie…
…i feel the same about trees as you do…I get so very upset when i see a tree-trees being chopped down, especially a tree that has been there growing there for years, they take on life like all of us do…just because they dont like it or it is blocking out there view…

Jackie…

Hi Jeannie, I hate to see tree’s cut down. Some have stood there for years and then humans with no respect cut down for their own convenience. I thought tree’s were supposed to be protected. We had a huge Sycamore tree at the end of our garden. Unfortunately it became unsafe and had to come down and although Sycamores are the ‘weeds’ of the tree world my husband still took photo’s of how unsafe it was just in case there was a complaint.
The Council had a blitz in cutting down tree’s near us some of them on our allotments. For what reason not quite sure. My husband stood in front to one and refused to move. He saved that tree, as it’s still standing today.
In our town we have a very old tree given to the Town by Queen Victoria. Over a hundred years old yet they tried to cut it down. You can find all about it on Google. ‘Umbrella Tree, Isle of Wight.’ Not sure if it’s been saved permanently but it’s still standing. Queen Victoria’s home, Osborne House is just up the road and she donated so much to this town but with the Ferry Company and building of horrid houses she would turn in her grave now. I am going to take the dogs there later for a walk around the grounds. The house and the grounds are beautiful and, yes, beautiful tree’s. Many planted by Prince Albert.
Pat xxx