Not getting any easier

Just read all your messages and agree with you all, it’s a comfort really to know I’m not alone in my feelings. I lost my husband 18 months ago and feel worse now than I did when he first died. I just exist, trying to fill each day, glad when it’s over but then not sleeping either! I’ve moved to be nearer family but it’s no better, no-one really understands, and funnily enough I never felt my age and now I do. It’s as if I’ve become insignificant, just want this life to be over - I can’t see any future.

2 Likes

Hi sorry for your loss. I don’t know how I am still here . I have to get up every morning and put a mask on . Just to get through the day . I don’t want and can’t let my kids and work to know how much I hurt every day and that I long to be with my husband . But at night when I’m alone in my bedroom the tears and heartache flow. This isn’t a life. It’s not the one I want or need or expected. We still had a lot of living to do . And a lot of love to give. I love and miss my hubby more and more each day . And the only thing on my mind constantly is how long do I have to go on like this. I just want to be with him and happy again . But I know it isn’t my call .so I plod on each minute and hour of each day .just knowing that one day my wish to be with hubby will come true. It helps to post and read on this site. To know I’m not the only one feeling this. And I am not crazy the thought s I have. Xtake carex

3 Likes

Hi Broken 2222, you’re definitely not on your own with your crazy thoughts, think we’re all the same on here. Guess we just have to keep getting up and facing each day but it’s bloomin’ hard and not what we wanted or expected. Surely it must get better at some time - feel like I’m two people, my public persona and then the real me when I’m alone. It’s good to know we’re not alone in this, take care xx

2 Likes

Hi I have just finished work.and now looking after my grandkids . It should be a happy and fun time.but all I can think of is what hubby is missing. I. So wish he was here with me. So sad . But have to be brave .because they miss him as well. Xtake carex

3 Likes

Hi all I feel the same as you all life is so hard with out our soulmate beside us it’s been a hard day i plod along for the family been 12 months now since my husband was taken so suddenly I have not come to turns with it like all you it just gets harder know one to talk to really who wants to listen I just don’t see life getting any better
Hope we will find a way xx

2 Likes

Hi yes everyday is hard and getting harder each lonely day . We just try and survive each day and long night. But I suppose this is the only thing we can do now for the one we love and miss so much . They are out of there pain .ours is here for ever. Xtake carex

1 Like

This pain today is nearly breaking me. When you go to work do you put on a brave face I am wondering if it helps. I am at home the whole time and see no one as no family every day I think I am not going to do this anymore but am a coward so I am still here.
Jessica

2 Likes

Oh Jessica I know how you feel I am struggling today this time last year was my husbands funeral I feel more broken than ever not sure how I am here either I am lucky I have family they grown up and have there lives it is so hard and pain is like no other I wish I could help you can only message so you know you not alone even though it dries not feel like it
Sending you a hug can only hope we will learn to manage this journey even though don’t want to seems not reason I feel selfish saying it
Thinking of you xx

2 Likes

Hi . I put an act on every day at work and with family . Or else I would just cry all day and night. I know I have to keep going .for however long . I don’t want to but there is nothing else I can do . I love and miss my hubby more and more each day . I also miss the me that I use to be. Happy . Some days I have to just take it one minute at a time to get through . Hope you are managing I know this life is so hard.but we must just try and plod on. Xtake carex

1 Like

You so right I think we would get an Oscar for our act we all out on for our family it is so tough and I miss my husband so much was 46 yrs so have not know a life with out him like most of you all know how it is I will never be that same person like you say and will not know the happiness again like we had together it’s been especially hard day feel I’m going backwards just want to give up but know I must carry on I’m grateful to have this site to talk to you that understand
Hope we get strong xx

2 Likes

Hi I really don’t know we’re we get the strength from to carry in each day . I would like to think it is from my hubby .helping me each day. But I would rather he was here with me loving and caring for me. So sad. Xtake carex

1 Like

I agree yes it is sooo sad xx

2 Likes

Another morning crying my eyes out for him and wondering why he had to go and have that accident that morning I begged for him to sit in the sun with me on that glorious day but he had to go. Breaking my heart here and not wanting another day to come.

3 Likes

Oh it’s so hard if only we could turn the clock back my husband went off it was a sunny morning we was enjoying a coffee that morning on sea front he then said he had to go do some jobs then had a stroke life changed so I understand how you feel if they had not gone off that day been a year now and it feels worse to come to tears with I hope you can manage to get the support you need to help you get through I like you would like to just be with my husband people really don’t understand what we are going through when you need a shoulder to cry on there is no one there is there or talk to it’s so empty in the house it’s worse when you loss them suddenly it’s it my husband was so fit
Sending you a hug take care xx

4 Likes

I feel for you both,it’s been 30 months for me my husband died from sporadic cjd ( not mad cow disease) he died in 5 weeks but didn’t know who iwas after 1 week.
I feel I have woken from a dream every morning I just cry but know life goes on.
What a pointless one and pretending you are fine when your hearts breaking and yearning for your loved one.
Take care and take it hour by hour there is no answer I am just glad he is not suffering how I am. X

3 Likes

Hi it is so hard to face each day without the one person. That made this life perfect. Hope you managed to get through the day . I know how you feel . I wish my hubby hadn’t had treatment for cancer. He was fit and well before treatment started .only had sore throat. But after six weeks of chemo and radiation . He was very very poorly . From being diagnosed with cancer till he died was only 7 months . I feel like if he didn’t have treatment he still might be here with me . Xtake carex

2 Likes

Hope you all manage to sleep yes it is day by day hour by hour horrible life we live now
Xxx

2 Likes

Hi Rose 45 hope you sleep too. Xtake carex

2 Likes

Thank you so hard with out our love one to cuddle up too xx

3 Likes

Hi I am lying here on the settee breaking my heart I feel I can no longer go through another horrible lonely day without him. I have not seen anyone to speak to and the hours just tick by what is the point when you have no one left in your life and to be fair I only want him back we’re he belongs.

3 Likes