Not getting any easier

Oh Jessica
I’m so sorry that you have not seen or spoke to any one it’s awfully painful it is hard shame that there is no groups that you can go to with people going through the same it helps to talk some days there does not seem any point with out our love one with us I don’t have the words to make it better wish I did just want to send you a hug and let you know we on here do care please hang on can only hope that we will find a way to cope until our love one is ready for us xx

4 Likes

Hi I know how you feel .I just want hubby here back with me. So we can both continue with a happy life. But I know I can’t have what I want. We just have to plod in each day . So sorry you have not spoke or seen anyone today .it is so sad. Please just post and read on here. It might help a little. I wish I had some way of helping you. But unfortunately I can’t even help myself . I am thinking of you .xtake carex

1 Like

Hi Jessica
I’m so sorry you have not seen or spoken to anyone for days, it’s very lonely without our loved one, I try to keep busy, but then get exhausted as I’m on my own and yearn for my Marti. I often ring the samaritans, just having a listening ear and someone to talk to about my Martin helps me. I met a group of lovely people on here and we chat on WhatsApp every day, we’ve even met up a few times, they’ve been my lifeline in my days of utter despair. I also searched online for bereavement support groups in my area and met up with others for coffee, I had to force myself to go but once I kept going regularly I’m beginning to make new friends. I needed to do thus as I only have my boys and their grieving too and I find it difficult to talk about Martin every second of the day to them as they are adults who have their own lives.
Keep posting Jessica
Amy x

2 Likes

Hi. I am 6months without my lovely husband. He was in hospital for a week, was making good progress, then the dreaded call from the hospital telling me to get there as soon as possible as he wasn’t going to make it. I got there just in time to be with him when he took his last 2 breaths . I can’t cope, I don’t want to go on, I just want to be with him. Each day waking up to the loneliness and emptiness is unbearable. Can’t see a future . You are not alone . Take care.

2 Likes

I sometimes don’t know whether to post because I want to really say it’ll get easier for you, but sat here having a major meltdown almost 2 & half years later. I know what’s triggered it, it’s our town carnival event, been the first one since 2019 because of lockdown. I’m not even there because I booked to go away, but it’s hit me like a brick. Last time it was on, my Derek was still here. You will find the pain gets easier to hide but today I’m glad I’m on my own because the tears are falling & I can’t stop them. Thank goodness for this website because the thing that gets harder to do is sharing the pain. Sending love to everyone on this journey :heart: Xx

3 Likes

I know exactly how you feel mine grief has been 30 months and I’m going through a really tough period with nothing but tears every day and yearning for him
It’s like awaking from a bad dream and having to face reality.
I send love to you all on this page and may each day bring you a little comfort on this road we are travelling with no end. X

4 Likes

Thank you all for posting I have not managed to find any groups in my area it would help to be gave to face with others that are going through this awful loss I agree it will never be better with out our love one with us just learn to manage it I guess but some days not I would just like to be with him as this new life is horrific glad some of you have found groups to help you and good to make new friends that in the same place I would like to but have not as yet it is so hard when things come along when you don’t have your partner to go with as you used to reality kicks in it’s horrible
Weekends are hard especially would be do things together line others are never slept last night if that happened my husband would say let’s go have a drink and watch tv for a while he often woke in night oh how we miss that life was just so special together
Thinking of you all only place I can write how I feel and know others are feeling same
Hugs to all hope you manage a good night sleep xx

3 Likes

Hi .another day nearly over . I go to bed early but still awake at 3am .then manage to have a few hours sleep. But then have to face another day without the only person I want. This life is so hard. If hubby were here it would be so lovely and I would be so happy. But only sad and lonely days and no future to look forward to. Hope you manage to get some restful sleep xtake carex

1 Like

Yes doesn’t get any easier and feel so lonely some days and others I cope. I get angry like you all for him leaving me. It’s nearly 11 months now and same as you not getting easier. You sometimes can’t believe all that’s happened can you. Family and friends away on holiday and get upset as we loved our holidays and just wonder if I ever will feel like holidays again xx

2 Likes

Hi . A long night for me . Didn’t sleep at all . This happens a lot . Just sit out back looking at sky wondering where hubby is . Coffee and cigs . Keeping me company . There is nothing normal about our lives now . When I leave work on a Friday . They all say have a nice weekend . I know they only being kind . But I don’t have a nice anything now . I know I shouldn’t feel so down and lonely ,I have family and work, and there is a lot of people worse off than me. But I do. Sorry if I have brought anyone down by posting this so early in the day. Probably lack of sleep ,lack of love, lack of hubby. All xtake carex

3 Likes

Hello Brocken only just seen your message so sorry that you had no sleep it is a long night and hard to cope with the day I agree people expect you to have nice time as you say nothing is nice we out on a mask and they think all is well I have been out and come home empty house it’s awful isn’t it does it help going to work I don’t work was thinking may be I could try to find some thing could do with extra money not sure if I would have the confidence now miss my husband so much as we all do should be able to go the same time so we together living with out them is worse ever
Hope you manage to get some sleep missing every thing that we had together it’s so painful
Thinking of you xx

2 Likes

Hi thank you for your kind words . Yes work does help sometime. But also upsetting when I hear coworkers complaining about there husband’s . Yes it would be good if we had the option of going with our partners when they die. But I just have to plod on each day .and try to sleep a little each night . And one day I know I will be back in loving hubby’s arms. Hope you sleep tonight xtake carex

2 Likes

Hi
I am in exactly the same situation with not being able to find any groups in my area. I would feel more comfortable going to a group where everyone is going through the same thing and understands. I have got so much support from this online forum that I think it would be even better meeting people in person. I live in the north east xx

2 Likes

Hi broken-down
I feel exactly as you do
My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 locally advanced pancreatic cancer and had hardly any symptoms before Chemo. As soo as chemo started he lost weight every wk and had poor immune system. He then had Nano knife operation when he was too weak and he couldn’t fight the cancer anymore. I too wish we had left the tiny tumour and just hoped it wouldn’t grow. He had 16 months from start to finish.

2 Likes

Hi this life is awful now and all the thoughts of what if . My hubby was fit and well . Only had a sore throat . He had six weeks of radiation and three chemo treatment . After treatment he was on morphine for pain relieve . Couldn’t eat because of ulcers in mouth caused through treatment . No skin on neck . It was horrendous . But he thought he was getting better . Had to wait 12 weeks for scan . In this time the cancer must of just been spreading . One friday got a phone call to say cancer had spread .following friday appointment . Told it couldn’t be cured but could treat him to maybe stop it getting worse following friday he died . I hate every day now but Fridays are the worse . 7 months from diagnosed till he died in September 2021 . I really think he could be still here with me if he didn’t have treatment or at least not went through all that pain . So now I am left to try and live a life I don’t want without my hubby .we were together from 16 both 59 when he died. Sorry for your loss. Xtake carex

2 Likes

Another start to week feeling list with out my husband it would have been a perfect start if he was beside me it’s a sunny start just sitting thoughts are horrific have to do some gardening every thing is alone seems pointless feeling negative must find some positivity people don’t want to listen any more been 13 months but I feel it’s ok on here to get it off my chest as you on here understand I will get dressed give it another shot at this surviving game we have been dealt bad cards our poor love one even worse I would change places with him if I could
Take care all xx

2 Likes

Hi I’m just about to go to work . Dont want to but bills to pay . I did have 3 hours sleep last night . So will survive the day . I wish I could swop places with hubby . Or even better just died the day he did . So I never would of known this heartbreak loneliness and pain . Yes people don’t really want to listen to me now . So thankfully we on here listen and send messages to each other what really helps and gives us strength to go on each day . Good luck with gardening . I have to do our now . It’s only tiny but never had before . Hubby had it beautiful . I’m not much good at it but at least I try . To me its mans stuff . That’s what I say when I find these new chores are to much for me . Xtake care x

1 Like

Take care xx

2 Likes

I am like you no one to talk to. The worst thing is having no children with him so I have no link with him anymore. I had one friend ring yesterday offering me to go to lunch today I put on brave face and said yes! She rang this morning had to go and see about a holiday for her family feeling really let down I wish she had not offered. I feel like ending it every day crying when doing the jobs he used to do. Why go on with all this pain.

1 Like

Oh that was not very friendly of her they do not realise how hard it is to meet up do they I feel your pain I do have two adult children so do see my husband in them it is so very painful though they have there lives to live so very lonely even still I really would help to meet up with people that understand would be easy ti just be ourselves and talk sending you a hug hope you have a better day tomorrow when we had our husbands was never alone was we always some one one here to talk to
Xxxx

1 Like