Not sure how I feel

Hi I am new to the group and to sharing my feelings with anyone but I am so sad and emotional all the time which is so unlike me. I am the coper the one everyone goes to for advice and support and I feel empty. I lost my mum in March 23, a close family friend in May 23, my dad in July 23 my sister in law in August 23 and my brother in law in October 23. In December 22 my husband had a brain infection and it was touch and go for a month, he slowly improved until he got another brain infection in October 23. He is back home and doing really well but I can’t stop the tightness inside all the time. I don’t know how I feel most of the time as my mood seemed to jump around continuously.

2 Likes

Hello @Elainecb

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I hope it helped to write it down. It sounds like you’ve been through so much in the past couple of years.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hi @Elainecb
Wow this is a lot of bereavement in one year to compute, sending hugs of support :teddy_bear:. My mom passed 3 years this April, nothing can really prepare you for it, I spent the first year in shock, & very much on autopilot, it was actually the second year when all my emotions seemed to hit me, so it’s natural to not be sure how you feel, it sounds very overwhelming to of lost so many loved ones within a year, it’s up to you what you choose to do, I know some people keep a diary, or mood charts, I sometimes do something I call the Inside out technique, (named after the Disney movie,) I write my thoughts, & colour code them by mood, blue for sadness, red for anger, purple for fear/anxiety, green for disgust, gold for joy, I feel it helps to put my thoughts in order, & keep a check on how I feel, hope this helps.

1 Like

Bless you, you have been through such a lot. So sorry. And glad that your husband is doing well. Here if you need to chat