One Year Anniversary - Ideas

I just had my first year Oct 23. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

1 Like

Hi Viv ,
I am 6 years down the very long road of grief and healing. I decided to light a red candle at the time
Peter passed away. I buy another candle every year and then light all of them .I must say it has helped greatly.
Everyone has their own way grieving .I never thought that the pain would ever get less but it has with the help of my friends .I can finally remember our very good memories .We had our 46th Anniversary when Peter died so I have many good memories .
I realise I have a life to carry on with for Peters sake.
It will slowly get better .
I suggest you should keep yourself busy .It helps .
Love Janice

2 Likes

I hope you find peace and comfort as time moves on. Your husband will never be far from your thoughts but I can empathise with you when you say you need to ‘forget’ your husband sometimes. It doesn’t mean that we are really forgetting, we are just not actively thinking about them for a while as the pain becomes overwhelming and debilitating. Even while I’m not thinking about my husband the physical pain in my chest never leaves me. The grief will always be there but I’m learning to grow around it.

2 Likes

Yes so right. We all need to forget our grief from time to time. It’s all too much to bare. I haven’t cired for a few /days or weeks but then something set me off again tonight.
I hope for healing.
Tricia

2 Likes