Parting with their belongings

3 weeks ago today I lost my wonderful husband. We had his funeral on Tuesday. I’m wearing his clothes most days, his pyjamas every night. I’m not sure if letting them go will help or upset me. It would give me more wardrobe space that I desperately need. I know he’ll be watching me, saying just get rid of them, they’re just taking up room. I can’t believe it’s only been 3 weeks. It feels like 3 years ago, every day is just another long, empty day without him. No matter how busy I keep myself, the evenings just drag, and I still turn around to say something to him, then remember all over again. When does every little reminder stop feeling like losing him all over again? Will this hollow, empty feeling inside ever go away? Will my pillow ever be dry again? Will I ever go shopping and not buy something for him? Will I ever be able to walk through the men’s department without filling up? Will the dog ever stop looking for him?

5 Likes

Hi Chick
I’ve just read your post and I can only answer as I feel
The answer is no
I lost Paul to lung cancer 24th July 2022
I feel all your emotions they are so raw and so ‘there’
I fill up at anything and nothing hourly
I say I’m existing functioning not living
Like you I know my paul would be saying
Come on
But it’s not as easy as that
Will I ever get over Paul’s passing
No
Sorry I cannot be more positive but ……
Take care
Xx

4 Likes

I lost my soul mate and the most wonderful caring and genuine loving husband very unexpectedly. John went into hospital for surgery and a hospital stay of 4 to 5 days.
Why did it have to go wrong. He died in hospital after complications with a second surgery to correct the first one.
He was told initailly he could go home after 3 days. It all went down hill from then. He must have been so very very disappointed. I am in absolute total shock. Surely this is a dream. No family or friends or his medical team can understand how this happened. Surely he was in the best place. I am in bits. So inconsolable,devastated and heartbroken with rivers of tears every day. I will never get over my extremely sad loss. A keen cylist, skier and fell walker. John had lots of events for the year in his diary. I am so scared of the future without him. My heart goes out to him for what he is missing. I feel sorry for him certainly not for myself. I just loved him

9 Likes

Welcome Anne001
Where or why did it indeed go wrong for you and all of us ‘on here’
Grieving ….in shock ….bewildered ….alone
Life is so so cruel
Keep strong I know easier said than done
It’s real it’s happened it’s just shit
Big hugs
Xx

3 Likes

@Chick I’m not sure these feelings will ever pass. I know I’m constantly just holding back the tears. So many memories in the house, the car, places we visited, even the supermarket. It’s all so overwhelming and sad💔. Can only hope in time these memories bring comfort & happiness rather than utter despair. Sending hugs.

1 Like

@Anne001 so sorry for your loss. This forum has helped me a lot. Hopefully it helps you too to reach out to others in similar situations. Life is just so unfair sometimes. Sending hugs

5 Likes