Princess of Wales

My thoughts go out to Kate, William, their children and our Royal Family, just shows they are no different to normal families dealing with the heartbreak of a cancer diagnosis. I hope the media vultures back off now and let them have their privacy to come to terms with the shock as we all well know how hard that will be for her. Instead of bringing her down she should feel loved and supported. Nobody is immune from the evilness of cancer. So sad and so young

13 Likes

I was so shocked to hear this terrible news. My thoughts are with Princess Catherine and all her family, wishing her a speedy recovery.

4 Likes

My thoughts go out to her as well, her family and her children. And tbh I really hope the media vultures back off too. A cancer diagnosis is an utterly devastating situation to comprehend, everyone involved needs time and support to come to terms with . Unfortunately the comparison to ‘normal families’ ends there, the Royal Family has access to the best medical practitioners that money and status can provide, that’s very far from normal and I imagine quite a comfort that many of us didn’t have. I very much empathise with them, and I really, really hope it works out for them, but Kates journey through treatment will bear little resemblance to that of my wife.

Just to be clear, I wish Kate no ill, I hope that her and the King’s cancer diagnosis are mitigated and put in remission and that brings help and insight to the ‘normal’ people, but I really fear it will only emphasise the need to be ‘brave’. If you’ve witnessed that, it makes no sense.

5 Likes

@Walan
I was speaking from a compassionate viewpoint and the emotions involved with such a heartbreaking diagnosis for a ‘family’ , no money or status, royal or not can take that heartbreak away from them. So to me they are a normal family going through all the emotions any of us go through and they have to face that in the glare of the world. Whether they have access to the best medical care in the world does not detract from the emotional turmoil

2 Likes

@LynT I agree with your viewpoint of compassion and the heartbreak involved, they must be freaking out. But they very much have options that are not open to everyone or ‘normal families’. I very much think the same as you, they should be given their privacy and as a family be allowed to come to terms with their situation and work out how to move forward, But I disagree with your assertion that

“ the best medical care in the world does not detract from the emotional turmoil”

My wife didn’t have access to that, but I feel that if she did it would have given her a sense of optimism

2 Likes

@Walan
Whether you agree or not is up to you but my post was about expressing compassion to her and her family not making it a post about anything else

2 Likes

@LynT I very much agree, and I went to lengths to do the same, I really feel for them and their situation, I’ve been there, still am. But your post involved normalising their situation, that they are the same as all of us and they are very far from that. I’ve been listening to the radio tonight expressing the Royal Family’s situation with cancer diagnosis and all I hear is how brave thry are, how they will fight it, stiff upper lip. Good luck with that, to all who believe in it, I worry about how much damage that does to us all. When do we start to acknowledge that it really destroys everything we thought was reality?

3 Likes

I agree with Walan
Having access to the best medical care does inherently make a difference in how cancer or any serious life threatening illness is experienced emotionally and psychologically because it’s the quality of the medical care that’s going to make the difference between life and death ultimately
Sadly on this site we read posts about people’s experiences of poor NHS medical care that people believe led to the death of their loved one too early or in a very distressing way that needn’t have been stop quality private healthcare can indeed mitigate the fear and suffering of that in that scenario It’s a fact
It certainly is possible to have compassion for anyone with cancer and recognise that burden is eased or worsened by the quality of medical care available to treat it

5 Likes

The word stop in my post is an error

We all have horror stories of the NHS to varying degrees and the royals will receive superior medical treatment, as would anyone who has wealth over those who don’t.

Having said that, the state of the NHS is a result of government neglect, bloated bureaucracy and inefficiencies in structure and funding. Royal Family didn’t vote that government into power, or the previous government.

Regardless of their wealth and superior medical treatment, Queen died 18 months ago, Charles diagnosed with cancer in Feb and now Kate in March. That’s a harsh 18 months for any family.
I’ve lived through chemo and there’s no easy chemo, no matter how wealthy you are. Cancer is the great equaliser.

There was a time that if a member of the Royal Family was diagnosed with cancer, the entire of Britain was diagnosed with cancer.
We’ve lost something along the way.

6 Likes

Yeh something has happened. We have got more divided as a nation sadly. People dont seem to work together anymore they seem to work against each other. Obviously there are some exceptions with people but its not the world i grew up in xx

2 Likes

@Deb5 :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: Deja vu - we’ve been down this rabbit hole before - let me look for a meme…

2 Likes

@Deb5 @MemoriesOfUs
I have the perfect meme…but unfortunately can’t post it on here :joy:

2 Likes

Lol … its just an observation and the world isnt like it was before for me anyway … it was a kinder, more tolerant world when i was younger … thats all im saying … nothing wrong with that :slight_smile: xx

2 Likes

Lol … ok dont then … why is the sun shining and yet i feel so sad today :frowning: xx

2 Likes

World lost it’s damn mind these last couple decades - and that’s as much as I’m saying :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You do make me laugh … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have superglued my mouth :joy:

2 Likes

I love your diplomacy and that lovely fence you sit on, I constantly fall off fences, I would be no good at Aintree haha

2 Likes

Ha … im not really known for sitting on the fence tbh but you know we have to sometimes chose our words carefully …

1 Like