Princess of Wales

Fences Ive attempted in life turned out to be electrified

4 Likes

I have been up a ladder all day (I’m safe up there lol) painting, I’m in a spring decluttering/change everything mode. I find a project helps take my mind off the elephant in the room (grief) but then back to sitting alone wondering what next? It’s exhausting

2 Likes

Haha! Why does this make me think of that Grease song lol…it’s electrifying…that will stay in my head all night now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good on you ! I mowed the lawn for first time this year ! And changed the water in the bird bath … like you say being busy helps xx

2 Likes

It does but I am tired constantly…I work full time too so need to chill out at the weekends but my home is like changing rooms at the minute…it’s spring, think I’m nesting lol

2 Likes

9 months today, so spent most of afternoon at the grave

It does help to keep busy with side projects

3 Likes

Hope it gave you some comfort being there :heart:. I decided after the 12mth anniversary on Friday that going forwards I would not think about the ‘D’ day again. I have to switch my brain to happy memories of his whole life. The day he died was one day but why do we focus on that? Why do we count the days, then weeks, then months? When we go to a cemetery we look at the dates on the headstone but in-between there is a dash and that represents their life. Read the Dash Poem, it’s so true

1 Like
2 Likes

I watched Top Gun Maverick last night (again), we both loved it and I had Hold my Hand Lady Gaga played at his funeral. The words are so true and they will always hold our hand as we move forwards

2 Likes
2 Likes

I also had this played at his funeral such a beautiful song

2 Likes

I also had this played. It’s simply beautiful :heart:

2 Likes

Last one lol!
This was our favourite

3 Likes

@LynT very apt and poignant poem :broken_heart:
So true and just a little sad - the dash represents their entire legacy

6 Likes

Read that before … its so true - the dash means so much … it was our lives with them xx

6 Likes

I love this song … got her album on CD and brings back such lovely memories when me and my eldest granddaughter put it on full blast in the car ! She loved this song and we sang it so loudly in the car !! Lol … she kept saying put it on again nana :slight_smile: xx

3 Likes

@MemoriesOfUs yes it is :broken_heart:. When I visit a cemetery now I no longer look at the dates, I look at the dash and wonder what their life was like instead of their ‘death’. Their legacy lives on in the hearts of those they loved and who loved them. We all leave a footprint behind of what we represented in our life, when I feel really low I try to remember this, that life is so much more than death. I never realised though how much a persons physical presence is so powerful. I miss the physical presence so much more than the memories if that makes sense?

5 Likes

Yeh i totally understand what you mean … i miss his physical.presence too … his hand to hold , his hugs just them being there … one of the things i missed most at beginning was him sitting next to me in the car ! I used to cry cos he wasnt sat there next to me … xx

4 Likes

We saw her 3 times and when she sang this he looked at me and said this song is so you and me…I feel the closest to him when I play this and it’s always on repeat…it cuts through to my soul

3 Likes

Oh wow did you !!! Lucky girl … i would love to see her in concert ! Bet it was fab and how ronantic was your partner to sing that to you !!! Aw … xxx

2 Likes