Psychic Phenomena.

Dear @MarieM1 wonder if you have answered your own question. Desperate?
I find if I try, the act of trying blocks sometimes.
I have found the strongest signs are when we are relaxed but alert or when we are dreaming.
Then it is dependent on remembering, this is a habit some acquire.
People say we have to keep our vibrations as high as possible, remembering happy times, letting go of a little by little.
In fact day dreaming.
I talk aloud a lot, I tell my husband any news although admit with a smile he probably knows already.
He is beyond time and space that still limits us.
Yes, I cry for me. I never take any signs for granted.

I hope you find comfort,

1 Like

I had a strange happening just yesterday. I rang someone and left a message. He rang back later to apologise for not picking up as he thought it may be cold callers. This puzzled me as I dialled his mobile number from my landline. He said it had come up on his phone as a business number. The business was one that we used to have several years ago but we only ever used our home number. I have had new phones for the past week so no old connections there. I later found out that the person I had rung is also a psychic.

1 Like

Hi. Jean. Now that in no way surprises me. How communication is made has so many ways of expressing itself. There is very rarely a physical explanation for what happens. If two psychic people meet all sorts of strange things can happen. But are they strange? Only to us living in this limited world, but not to those who can see beyond all the pain.
How could that have happened without some sort of intervention?
Thanks for that Jean. John.

2 Likes

I understand what you say.

1 Like

I tell you what John 123 you got god insight into things.

2 Likes

I think you have explained beautifully, I feel we cannot control it is a matter of letting go. Relaxed focus seems to be a clue too, it seems to put us in the right frequency to experience these things.
I find it is often impressions, strong impressions though.
It seems these things come as grace, unexpected.
I find expectations get in the way. Quiet activities with just enough attention to do the task seem to be a clue in this mystery.

Hi again TWMA. As I understand it there is a big space between us and them. It can be bridged given the right circumstances. Since I began this thread there have been a lot of posts on this subject. It goes to show how common it is. ‘You were relaxed in your thoughts’. That’s it! It’s in those moments that things can happen. When we are distressed and in pain we set up a block against any communication.
Please understand, I am not a Spiritualist, but have studied such phenomena and I have no doubt communication does exist. How that communication is made varies so much from person to person depending on their receptiveness. If we flatly deny it’s existence without going into it then nothing can happen. You felt peaceful! Of course you did because they bring peace and understanding. Cameras don’t lie, and often things appear on them that we cannot see.
Please don’t just dismiss this happening as being ‘all in the mind’ or ‘wishful thinking’. In no way can we apply earthly concepts to such happenings. It’s all way beyond human thought and reason.
Thanks for that. A very good example of what can happen if we have a still mind. Blessings. John.

3 Likes

Hi. Alice. You are so right. You use the word ‘frequency’. Radio waves can’t be seen but we know they are there. The pictures on TV travel through space and time at an indescribable speed. It needs a receiver to translate them into meaning. We take all this for granted, yet when it comes to psychic phenomena we begin to doubt. Many genuine mediums are ‘receivers’. They have the ability, the gift, to be able to receive messages just as our TV set does, and translate them into some understanding. Your last sentence is, to me, an absolute truth. Quiet attention with a calm mind is needed. Of course, we all understand that the last thing most of us on here have is a quiet mind. At first the pain is too great to even think about ‘happenings’. That’s why it’s so important to give ourselves time. Time may not heal, but it can eventually calm the mind if only a little.
Thanks for your message. John.

2 Likes

Hi @jonathan123. I only just found this post. It resonates with me. The illness that led to my husband’s death started subtly, as if it didn’t want to reveal itself. He had a range of neurological symptoms, transitory weakness, fatigue; one of his eyes that was already damaged could no longer focus at all. He went into hospital in August.
I had to struggle with restricted visiting and a dearth of information. When he was in hospital he was initially diagnosed with encephalitis, I was told he’d be discharged in. three days. These days stretched into weeks as he became progressively weaker.
At home, strange things began to happen. His favourite duvet cover ripped in two. There was a power cut and I couldn’t get the clock on the oven back to the right time. The bedside lamp that I used to read if he was sleeping shattered.
I lost my engagement ring, only to find it on the floor of the bathroom.
He had put it on - it disturbed me that it had fallen off.
I had a sense of impending doom, but then I had a strange vision of us living together in the house we had just bought, which we hadn’t moved to because we hadn’t sold the house we’d been living in.
Eventually, I managed to get him home. He’d been told he was terminally ill (an extremely rare brain tumour), nobody told me. I did know that if we didn’t get either treatment or a miracle it would eventually prove fatal. I didn’t realise how quickly that would come.
Once he was at home, this process of things breaking continued: the lawnmower, my favourite mug that he designed for me. My wedding ring kept slipping off.
He was at home for only a short while before he died. I’m now worried that he might have thought I wanted him to die, I wasn’t prepared to fight for him. That’s not true. I was exhausted and I was terrified of hurting him.
I want so much to know he’s at peace. I’ve been searching for a sign, but nothing yet. I’d be very interested in your reaction to all this. Thanks, C xxx

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m convinced I had some kind of experience between 2 and 3 this morning. I woke myself up from a really bizzare dream. I was lying on my right side and felt a weight enveloping the back of my entire body. It felt really comforting even though it didn’t last for long. A couple of minutes I think💙

3 Likes

I had this exact same thing happen about 4 weeks after we lost him. I totally believe that what happened to you was what you think it is. X

3 Likes

I was desperately looking for signs when I lost Frankie 5 months ago. I think things can happen when you’re not looking.:blue_heart:

3 Likes

I had the same too, I woke realised I was alone then shut my eyes the same sensation again, it was very real and very comforting.
I feel that when we are relaxed our vibrations rise, the frequencies are closer to those whose consciousness is beyond the physical, so things happen that are beyond present explanation.
Science is unfolding all the time.
We are like a ancient undiscovered tribe who would find electricity beyond comprehension, so much we now take for granted. Someone has just travelled in a metal tube at a speed that we only read about in science fiction.

2 Likes

I have sent a private message Alice

Hi. Christie. When energy is at is most strenuous, and that often happens when there is a lot of psychic energy around, many strange things can happen. When Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud were spending up to 10 hours of discussion about psychology a big solid oak table split in two, and a steel carving knife broke in half. We can have no concept of this kind of energy in everyday terms. Poltergeist energy is a well known phenomena, especially when young children are about. But we go a stage further when we talk about near death or actual death experiences. The old song rings so true. ‘The grandfather clock’. ‘And it stopped short, never to go again when the old man died’.
‘Things’ are made of the same matter we are, is it surprising they respond to energy just as we do? Whatever we say or think about this, it is true that something is happening which is way beyond our very limited consciousness. Us humans are only conscious of being alive. We are born, we die. So that’s it is it? No way! In all my studies of psychic phenomena one thing stands out. We can never hope to understand anything while we close our minds. In all the experiences related in this thread, a quiet mind is necessary for anything to happen, and the uselessness of going looking for it to happen is too apparent.
Try and keep an open mind. No one has to believe any of this, even though it does bring comfort to some. No one could have been a bigger cynic than me until I married my wife who was psychic. Many universities are now delving deeper into this subject, and have even set up teams to look into it.
I have no doubts about the continuity of life, but in a form that passes our understanding.
Thanks for the post. Very interesting and thought provoking.
Kind regards. John.

4 Likes

Hi. Alice. I like that about an ancient tribe not understanding electricity. That just about sums up our attitude to psychic phenomena. Yes, it is surely true that when we are relaxed and not thinking about everyday affairs, it’s then that some communication can be made. It’s not usually possible when in the initial stages of grief, although it can happen.
The Spiritualists have made a religion out of this idea of there being a realm in an afterlife. I have nothing whatsoever against their belief, but religion does tend to muddy the waters. Us humans have become so attached to what we call ‘life’ that we believe that’s all there is. Can we step back and have another look? Thanks Alice. John.

1 Like

Thanks @jonathan123

It was strange, as if I was being told something I didn’t want to hear. It is so hard to believe that something as vibrant and powerful as life simply disappears. Take care all. C xxx

2 Likes

HI Christie
So interested in what has been happening to you. I have had similar experiences. My husband loved radio’s and there is one in every room although they don’t interest me so I never switch them on but his favourite in the kitchen came on twice in the middle of the night. A bit frightening as I could hear voices downstairs!!! I had never had this radio on so no ides why it should suddenly come on and both times it was around midnight.
I have three lamps in the bedroom and all of them stopped working along with the main light. I sat on the floor in the dark and screamed at my husband to stop playing around and show me what to do. He did, and I sorted the lamps and then to my surprise the main light also came back on and this had no connection to the lamps. There have been other things that have happened all to do with his love of electric things and his dislike of anyone touching them. They can do some strange things and then go back to working just fine.
My husband came to me many times in the first months after he died But then stopped after he came and told me I couldn’t come with him. I still have signs though. The latest was this last weekend. I was raking up leaves. I had a big pile. I gathered up an armful and put them in a bin, I did this twice and on the third time of turning to the pile of leaves there was a white feather on the top. Not mixed in with the leaves. He was there alright checking that I was doing the job properly as this was something he always did.
I never had any thoughts on this subject before and not prone to imagining things. So I have no doubts at all.
Pat

6 Likes

You write so beautifully, Pat. It’s strange how these random events take on meaning when we’re in such desperate need of hope. The last few days with my husband left me drained. I am so looking for a sign that he knows how much I love him and miss him. He was a wonderful man. Cxxx

3 Likes

Hi John,

I am not religious, never have been or psychic as far as I know. I just had to tell someone but last night, well it was the early hours about 4.30 am and I needed to go to the loo so got up to go . I never put the lights on when I go to the bathroom as it hurts my eyes, but I noticed a light in the hallway and thought it must be a bright moon shining. But it wasn’t coming through the front door it seemed to come from the kitchen. I walked over to check where it was coming from and I looked down to see a dark shadow in front of me and thought it was my little black dog who follows me everywhere but it was my shadow! There was no light behind me. When I moved a bright circular light appeared on the floor about 4 to 5 inches across and as I moved to walk back to the bedroom it followed me!!! I sort of ran back and looked back and it had vanished. I have never experienced anything like it before and cannot find a rational explanation. I was wide awake. Apart from this happening I have just had a couple of realistic dreams, one where I was half awake and I heard my husbands walking frame move in the hall (live in a bungalow) and then I saw him walk into the bedroom, he was wearing his coat and beanie hat! Then he disappeared behind the bed. Also heard him say my name as I woke one morning, as he did when he used to bring me a cup of tea. I also found a white feather early one morning at the bottom of the bed, it was on the floor on my side of the bed. I don’t think the dogs could have brought it in on their feet as there was a very heavy dew on the grass that morning and the feather was bone dry. But the happening last night/this morning has really affected me, blown me away actually. Now I am sure there is something. My cousin Rosemary is very spiritual, she knows about the dreams and feather but have not told her yet about this morning. She said to me that as I was not able to be with Sid when he died that he may want to contact me. The last time I saw him was in the ambulance on the day he went into hospital and then he was in hospital for 5 weeks and up until the day he died I always thought he would be coming home so I could take care of him. I do feel as though I have no closure as not seeing him was just awful. Sorry for lost post but just had to tell someone. I will probably contact Rosemary and let her know what has happened.

5 Likes