Psychic Phenomena.

I was literally just sitting here reading this thread thinking I’ve not had a sign for ages. When my mums favourite song came on. I played it at her funeral and I have only heard it twice in the last year. I went to turn it off as I find the song upsetting but instead let it play as I felt it was her. Xx

5 Likes

Hi. Ell. Thank you so much for a very interesting post. None of it surpises me at all. I opened this thead so that we could discuss these events, so here is the place to do it.
My wife saw people who had so called ‘died’ sitting in chairs and smiling at her. She also saw people she did not know walking along the street and disappearing into walls. These were not regular happenings. I never saw them but she sure did, My wife never lied in the whole of our long marriage, so I have no reason to doubt her. It was usually shortly after someone had died that it happened. No, she never communicated with them. They looked perfectly normal and well. It is only on this site that I have told anyone of this.
Your friends would have been stunned. It would come as a shock to anyone without knowledge of such things. It’s what I have said before. It seems a ‘window’ opens and we see what is outside in another dimension, then it closes. It’s because our minds close from fear. Fear is a major block to any sort of communication. Clairvoyance, (clear seeing) is the ability to see what is beyond normal sight. It does often run in families. But once again, sadly, people tend to regard it as abnormal and lose their gift, because it is a gift. Take care. John.

4 Likes

Thanks Jooles. Once again, a coincidence? Oh no! There are far too many such happenings for it to be a coincidence. To try and find an explanation for it all is difficult. Your mum did not put the record on neither did the person at the other end do it consciously, but there are forces at work that seem to arrange such things. During the last war many servicemen saw their dead comrades near them in times of stress. During the famed Dam Busters raid, one of the aircraft crashed into a hillside and everyone was killed, but the radio communication went on after the crash as if nothing had happened. That incident is recorded.
You see your immediate reaction was to turn it off because it was upsetting. Of course it was, but this happens so often. We ‘turn off’ any event that may upset us when, maybe, we should listen and take note of what is happening. Best wishes. John.

2 Likes

Good morning Jooles
That made me smile for you. So glad that you were able to listen to it completely.
Ell

2 Likes

Thank you Jonathan
That is fascinating. I wish we had a way to keep the communication flow going. It would help us with our grief to know that they are happy, in a good safe place, and that we will see them again. Peace of mind is half of the battle with grief. It tears up your ability to stay grounded.

That being said - what we really want is a wakeful conversation that tells exactly what is going on. Opposite to that … I was having tons of dreams about my dad. I had to ask them to stop because it was tormenting me to spend time with him in dream land and wake each day to remembering that he is gone. I needed some peace. That might sound strange and ungrateful to those that long for a dream. I am grateful to have had them but by 8 months, I needed more peace. Dreams are not the same as real life. They have strange twists and telepathic communication. So while it was nice seeing him nearly every night, it wasnt the same as him being real and that was prolonging my ability to get to a peaceful state of mind. If the dreams were interactive like in real life, I probably would not have minded them. Some were clearly me wanting him back as the result of a tortured mind. Some were him there with me doing nothing much at all.
Ell

3 Likes

Maria I feel the same way; cross that my husband has not tried to contact me in some way. I’m in pieces and miss him so so much. He died on 20th June. People talk of visitation dreams they have had. I have had nothing. 42 yrs we were together and I want to die too. There is nothing for me anymore. I’m terrified of the future without him.

2 Likes

Hi Debbie
Very sorry to hear about ur husband. The events described in your profile are shocking for you and your family. Its a hard tiring stressful time for all of you.

My dad died in his sleep without warning - cardiac arrest. I went to a medium 3x in large groups. Pretty much nothing came through. Maybe she was a fake.

My sister and I have dreams of my dad. My mother does not.

I dont think that you can control it. It is also possible that he has come to you and you just dont recall the dream.
I hope that gives you comfort - you are not the only one. None of us know or understand it. Its just the flow of the world around us.
Ell

2 Likes

@Debbie58 I am so sorry to hear you are feeling terrified and alone without your special man. My darling died on 7 June so I am a couple of weeks ahead of you in the grieving process. It is brutal and the feeling of being alone after 40+ years seems so very cruel. I can only say that the advice here to be kind to yourself and take each hour and day one at a time is the only advice any of us can give. You might consider some counselling, when you are ready. The counselling offered by SR is very good and I have already benefitted from it. I feel I am just waiting now to be with him again whenever that might be.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I almost stepped on this heart-shaped petal this morning. Is it meant for me? It certainly made me smile and my own heart swell. Some would say it’s just a flower petal. But it was in my garden and in my walk way so I will make of it what I will. I have a big garden and it could have been anywhere but it was right at my foot. I’m still smiling…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Oh no Kate. not just a petal! In this thread I have talked about ‘meaningful coincidences’. Nothing happens by chance.
It was where it was supposed to be, and in my view was ‘placed’ there and not by chance. So many will say ‘oh yeah, just a coincidence’, but was it meaningful to you? That’s it isn’t it. what it means to you. Thanks Kate, and I hope all is as well as can be expected. Take care. John.

5 Likes

Thank you for your kind reply. I’m struggling so very much to deal with losing Frank. He was my life. I still don’t see the point of being here anymore, everything is so dark.

2 Likes

I think it is wonderful that you saw it and it’s so beautiful. Are you keeping it in your diary or in a photo frame with a picture of your darling husband? I hope I get one as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Debbie58 I am sorry you are feeling so bad. When they mean so much to us everything becomes empty and life so miserable when they are snatched away for ever. I hope you have friends or family that can be with you? I was convinced I would die of broken heart syndrome as I loved John with every fibre of my being. Here I am almost 9 weeks later and it didn’t happen. There is a reason for us to carry on and that is to honour them and their memory. Be kind to yourself and please reach out if you need help. :broken_heart: :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m still smiling John :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

3 Likes

I may put it in my journal or maybe my memory jar. Although I quite like the photo frame idea. Thanks Johnswife. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Aww Kate that’s amazing. Stuff coincidence this was meant for you💙

1 Like

My sentiments exactly Blue1 and I’m still smiling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

3 Likes

I have to say I totally love this post. I too am a little like your wife was in that I have or had an unusual gift or curse. But sometimes I didn’t understand it and I also didn’t like to tell people incase they thought i was weird or lying or aggressive non-believers , I don’t mind people not believing but I don’t like the aggressive ones. All people are entitled to their own point of view but they are so not entitled to make my point of view there point of view. Changing your viewpoint a little because you believe in what someone says is different. Also because I know there are many real people who are psychic or can do what I can do and some who have other abilities I have very little time for the charlatans who pretend to able to do stuff in order to cheat people out of money, it really hurts the people who can do it for real and makes some of us hide. Sorry not being very clear. Anyway I feel free to express myself here I know I have already told some people on here about my experiences but only because they asked. I cant detail every experience as that would take too long.
i have or had until my mum died, emphatic synesthesia ( i think I am too overwhelmed just now but it was weird because when dad was ill when he died it got stronger) or so the experts now call it, Thats what made it easier to talk about because it now has a scientific name. Synesthesia means people who have extra senses and some of these sense are there all the time and others switch off and on. Mine means I experience what others feel in their aura and I feel it too. And it isn’t just people it is also dogs and cats. I used to keep trying to feel birds but never quite got it. i can also on occasion hear dead people speak although this only happens on occasion. I heard my dad talk to me at his funeral as if he was standing beside me and it wasn’t just me my mum heard him say exactly the same thing… . I have been able to read the future of celebrities when I having been watching tv again only rarely. I have also experienced the waking up in the wrong place, definately not asleep but not awake, like you have woken up elsewhere . It is a genetic thing. A cousin can do what I can do although he can onhy do the aura thing I seem to be able to bits of this and bits of that but never all the time he could only do one but all the time. My mum had a version of it she experienced the Lockerbie disaster in a waking a dream as if she was there a week before it happened and she experienced the same thing with the Grenfell tower block fire. She felt she was there it scared her stiff. The thing is I think a significant disaster is like a when you throw a pebble in to a pool of water and the shockwaves reverberate , I think its like that waves reverberate in all directions and some people are tuned like radios to pick it up. If only we had machines that could do the same thing maybe we could save people. I wish. My mum felt it deeply because she felt like she was there but she felt so helpless and guilty that she couldnt do anything so save anyone because there was not enough information till after and anyway who would believe. Sorry got a bit carried away and post is isnt very clear, i seem to have a problem on here with paragraphs, I do apologise… But love to all.

3 Likes

Hi Meebee
I have some of what you describe.
Look up remote viewing when you get a chance - It fits your mom’s visions to some degree.
I had a word in my head this week. Yesterday several buildings blew up on the street that shares the name with the word. I did not sense any danger and so just a coincidence I think.
I will private message you.
Thank you for sharing.
Ell

1 Like

Hi Meebee. What you have is rare gift. While many may say ‘what has this to do with bereavement’ I say a lot. This is not about bringing comfort, although it can be so. It’s about a reality that those without this gift can’t see, and that includes me! If I had not been married to a psychic woman I too would have doubted… But what my wife saw was so real to her. She never lied in all our many years of marriage and I trusted her implicitly.
Pre-cognitive dreams are not as rare as we may think. Dreams that foretell the future. Carl Jung had a dream before world war one where he saw rivers of blood. He was definitely psychic.
Many have predicted disasters but have told no one, once again for fear of ridicule. These events are too well documented for them to be ‘just dreams’. My wife also saw auras. They are the energy surrounding us which is visible to a psychic person and has many colours. A depressed person’s aura may be a dull grey and almost obscures the person. A happy person will have colours and be vibrant. I don’t expect everyone to believe all this, and nether would I if I had not studied it and reached the obvious conclusion. that it is a fact that a dimension exists way beyond our understanding, and even psychic people only see a little of it.
St Francis of Assisi could talk to animals. He knew their language. In those days it may have been classed as witchcraft. Many so called witches were put to death because they were psychic and no one understood in those days.
I am not suggesting we all become Spiritualists. I certainly am not. Religion has nothing to do with this.
I think that if we have this gift we should use it, but only with those who understand. The sceptic can so often put a genuine psychic off ever showing their gift, and that has happened often.
What we are talking about is different to Spiritualism.
Good luck Meebee, and thank you so much for your post. Blessings. John.

4 Likes