Psychic Phenomena.

Dear VeiledDruid
you know I dont think that Its a coincidence that we have had similar experiences. It is the fact that different people have the same experiences is what make those experiences real and not just imagination. Scientists would call it something like supporting evidence if it were being studied in that way. I too find my memories of my experiences have dulled with time but the essence remains and also the comfort of knowing there is something more. Even though sometimes it could be scary till i began to understand more and keep an open mind.
Take care. Thinking of you.
Meebee

Thank you, bad few days and our wedding anniversary is Thursday but I tell myself I will get through. Take care.x

1 Like

JanetT
I will be thinking of you then. But you need to make a wee plan to get through it. Try doing something significant to you that makes you feel better. Some people like to light candles, let balloons go, or go visit a significant place that was special to you both. Or if you want to stay in and wallow get out a romantic movie that you both loved a glass of wine (if thats what you drink) and toast your husband. Make sure your not alone all day and have someone who can give you some support to be there for you that day. I have already said this on another thread in more detail but my mum held a charity night for family and friends on what would have been her 40th wedding anniversary for colon cancer research. She raised around £3000 and she had a wee speech about remembering my dad. Despite the circumstance of him not being there it was a positive way of remembering him. It is too soon for something like that for you but find a significant way to mark the day rather than hiding from it. It makes it easier to bear and it can become a good memory something to look forward to in a strange way as the years go on but only if you start by marking it in your way. Take care.

Hi All
Just weighing in on the “cloud people” - wondering 1. If the below describes what you saw and 2. What do you think the below means.

First experience:
As a teenager, I woke to a soldier sitting on my feet. He looked smokey / semi- translucent but definitely smokey.

Second experience:
Last summer after my dad passed, I was sleeping in my old bed. I woke up in the night - I saw a shimmery figure of a woman doing something to my dresser. I could see her from behind. i could make out her hair shape and she looked to be wearing a robe. She was shimmering like glitter, but also see through. It looked like my mom - same height and same hair she had when she was a bit younger. i called her name a few times but no reply. Then I realized it was not her, and I stopped talking because she was asleep in the next room and I didnt want to wake her up. The person disappeared. i got up and went to her room to make sure that she was there to confirm that it was not her and also to make sure she was still alive! She was breathing and all was good. That morning, I asked her if she had come in during the night, she said she had not.
The dresser in my room is what she uses for her athletic clothes. She is always in there doing something. But I know she didnt sleep walk because like I said, I got up as soon as the figure disappeared to see what was going on and she was sound asleep in her covers.

Thank you!!
Ell

1 Like

Hi ELLDubs
The description of the soldier you saw is pretty close to how i would describe the time i saw my deceased friend, smokey/ translucent but very defined i could tell it was him.
Could you tell what era the soldier may have been from? perhaps it was a distant relative that died in a war visiting you.
Not sure what to make of the woman you saw, you say she looked like a younger version of your mum, perhaps your mum was dreaming/replaying a time when she was younger doing something to your dresser, and the dream was being projected and you some how tapped into it, or maybe the dresser used to be owned by another lady and she left an imprint on it.
I don’t know what any of it means, you may have some latent psychic ability, or it could be the mind playing tricks who knows.
I’m keenly interested in these things, iv’e seen and experienced too many things that defy rational explanation, more and more i’m convinced there’s more to this life than meets the eye.
All the best

Hi VeiledD,

The soldier was wearing a very old uniform and a hat - I noticed the hat. I could not describe it now. maybe 1700’s. I dunno. My parent’s house is near a fort from the 1600’s. We used to find old arrow heads and other such weapons when we were little kids. I saw the soldier when I was about 16 - 18. It woke me up. He was looking around, like if he was sitting on a rock to rest and surveying the land around him. He did not “see” me.
I am in the USA.
The dresser is just a run of the mill dresser. My thought for that one is that maybe time gets crossed and I was seeing an actual event from maybe 10 years or 20 years ago like a movie. I dunno. She was very shimmery.

I have a friend who inherited his parent’s car after they had both passed. One day as he was driving home from work, they appeared in the car. The dad, appeared on top of him in the driver’s seat, his mom in the passenger seat. They were chatting to each other as normal, they did not notice him.

Maybe it was something to that effect with my mom - like watching an old movie.

Ell

Thank you Meebee. I will do an on line yoga class, go for a walk and then at tea time I am going to the cinema to see Letter to Brezhnev, come home and light the little keepsake candle holder that has a pinch of Gerry’s ashes in it. I also have Jo Brands autobiography to start that he bought for me. I will play some music. I do my best to be grateful for how very lucky I am to be his wife, and I know he would want me to have as good a life that I can. Xx

1 Like

My mom passed away on Monday. I had the strangest vivid dream last night. In my dream my left knee was really hurting and swollen and when I tried to get up I nearly fell on the floor. Next I’m in a ‘Teams’ meeting with work colleagues (Teams is an app by a well known software company that enables group phone calls and meetings) They are talking a load of rubbish and I don’t want to listen so I hang up. Then the Teams app spontaneously reconnected. When you’re in a meeting/group call there are icons on the screen that show who’s on the call but my screen was blank and I wasn’t connected to any calls. I could hear whispering as if someone was there and was trying to speak to me. I kept saying ‘I can’t hear you, who is it? It was mom’s left knee that had terrible osteoarthritis and I’d like to think she was trying to contact me.

Hi. Ell. There is a well documented account of a woman who visited some Roman underground rooms in York. She was not at all psychic and what happened really frightened her. She saw a troop of Roman soldiers emerge from the wall and only from the waist up march past in an orderly way. They disappeared. Apparently she was not gifted with a vivid imagination and it was the last thing she expected. She had never experienced anything like it before. Many have seen ‘ghostly’ monks or nuns in churches or holy places. To someone who has no belief in such things it must come as a shock. Take care. John.

1 Like

What an uplifting post Janet, I am impressed. I also do Yoga and it really does help. When I am feeling down and depressed an hour of exercise soon brings me back to something like normal. Walking is also a great love of mine and the healing powers of the countryside and nature is hard to beat. I also enjoy gardening and grow my own veggies and fruit. I have preferred to keep myself occupied and busy and found it to be a good coping mechanism for me.
I see you have cats and they will also bring you great comfort. I have two dogs which are my furry therapists and take care of me.
Hope you enjoyed your cinema visit. I am just out for another walk with my dogs.
xxx

1 Like

Hello all
I don’t post very often but read the posts every day, it helps me get through this pain , we all are experiencing, just by knowing, I’m not alone on my thoughts and feelings.
I’ll try to keep this short. Not sure what I believe and try to stay open minded?? .had to make a big decision today, 20mins before had to decide, went to my open bedroom window and stood there, wind was blowing a gale! Perfect grey feather dropped down, put my hand out and it landed in my palm. This is 2nd time it’s happened to when being forced to make big decision?. Xx

1 Like

I’ve read that a grey feather means someone is watching over you, not too make big decisions? Xx

Hi. Dongle. It matter not the colour of the feather but the fact that the message arrived is important. If we are all being watched over then the decisions we have to make will make themselves. Be guided by your intuitive awareness. Us guys don’t have it as much as the ladies, but if we look to our feminine side (all men have it) then the answers may well come.
Take care. John.

1 Like

Thanks for that. The cinema was lovely, in fact Margi Clarke herself came in just as it started, it is a little independent community cinema that I hope will survive. The next day in the study I found five DVDs that Gerry had bought from a charity shop and put with my bits and pieces… including Letter to Brezhnev! Had another sign from him to carry on with my Spanish course. He spoke it perfectly as he was an interpreter, so in Spain I let him do all the talking. I looked on the university website, looked at a photo of him that I had printed and framed, and said, ‘shall I go on the level 3 then?’. I went to find my password, which turned out to be the name of the village in Spain where the photo was taken! That was my sign and I have enrolled. The cats are a great comfort. My three feisty girls like a lot of attention, then I have three quiet girls, the two boys preferred to be with Gerry and searched a lot after he died but are now happy with attention from me. Although the grief is terrible, I know how lucky I am to be married to him and that he would want me to try my best to have as good a life I can. Take care all xx

Hi all,
I was watching a documentary on amazon about ghosts caught on camera, a photo was taken at the scene of a horrific car accident, the lady involved miraculously survived unharmed.
The ghostly image in the photo is exactly how the beings/entity’s looked when i had my out of body/near death experience.
I took a screenshot and uploaded the image.

Hi VeiledD,
Thats very interesting.
The two that I saw looked different. The soldier was very defined but smokey. The lady / hologram of my mom, was see thru like in the movie predator, with shimmery components and outline.
Ell

Hello Janet
I am so pleased you are looking for those signs that Gerry is with you. I also do the same and they do appear if we look for them. I often ask Brian to send me a sign and they have come. It’s quite amazing when they do.
Good for you doing the Spanish course. We used to spend lots of time in Greece and I decided to learn the language. I became reasonable and could get us out of a situation but now I don’t bother as I will never go to Greece again.
A white feather was on my door step this week and it’s still there. Even the wind hasn’t moved it.
What an excellent attitude. We are lucky to be married to them and i shall keep reminding myself of that.
Best wishes
Pat

I had a strange half asleep dream this afternoon I was having a nap and just as I was falling asleep I could hear my husband watching Tv downstairs but I had the most strongest feeling that mum was downstairs too. I woke up with a jolt. But still the feeling was so strong. I’ve never had it before. My feeling was so overwhelming “she’s downstairs watching tv with my husband”. Could be wishful thinking but I’ve never had that before. Who knows. But it was so surreal that I went back to sleep still thinking she’s sitting on the sofa I know it. When I woke up later the feeling had gone.

2 Likes

Hi Jooles,
A nap sounds nice. I always believe that those mystical thoughts we have between that dreamy and awake state are connections - it feels like they are and so I have decided that if you think it is, then it is.
Your mom was probably just hanging out. I wish we could control the connection and make a conscious one.
Ell

1 Like

I have been reading a book that pretty much says that Ell. If you think it is a connection it is. You know it in your soul.

1 Like