Quotes...

Hello everyone. How are you all feeling today? Knowing what comfort can be had from meaningful quotes and words of wisdom, Scorpio suggested starting a new thread. So here goes, let’s get started:
Always first on the list for me, Pooh Bear
‘How lucky am I to have had something this good to lose?’

‘If love is indestructible then so is grief. This is at once our glory and our tragedy.’

Already posted on another thread:
’ I could only be grateful when I realised, I would rather have known you for a moment than never at all. I would rather endure this inexplicable pain of outliving you than never to have seen your face, spoken your name. I would rather be yours and you be mine, regardless. Regardless of the sorrow, the sleepless nights and the years I will walk this earth, carrying you in my heart.’

‘You never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have.’

‘My love is undying therefore so are you.’

1 Like

Time is too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve
Too short for those who rejoice,
But for those who love, time is
Eternity.

2 Likes

Morning Kate
Yes it’s a lovely idea,we can all dip in and out ,when we need a pick me up ,or some inspiration,I like that second one,if only Time could be suspended,time has a lot to answer for! I suppose time redeems itself on the last line.xx

Hello Robina. I think it can be helpful to throw something in which is a little thought provoking…

Hi Kate
I like the CS Lewis one

No one ever told me
That grief felt so
Like fear.

Hi

Grief changes shape
But never ends

By Keane Reeves who’s child was stillborn and his girlfriend died in a car accident shortly after

And it goes on William…

It’s a passage, not a place to stay.
Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith.
It is the price of love.

And don’t we know it William?

2 Likes

Some things cannot be fixed,
They can only be carried…

2 Likes

A bit darker this one

When I had you I was afraid to die
Now that you’re gone death is my friend
It’s by my side
If he takes me today I will go with a smile
Let others cope for a while.

Sorry for that one

2 Likes

I heard your voice in the wind today
and turned to see your face,
The warmth of the wind caressed me
As I stood silently in place
I felt your touch in the sun today,
As it’s warmth filled the sky
I closed my eyes for your embrace,
And my spirit soared high.

1 Like

Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow…

“Come to the edge” he said.
“We can’t, we’re afraid” they responded.
“Come to the edge” he said.
“We can’t, we will fall” they responded
“Come to the edge” he said
And so they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

(Apollinaire)

“People are like stained -glass windows.
They sparkle and shine,when the sun is out
but when the darkness sets in
their true beauty is revealed
only if there is light from within.”

What a great idea for a thread. I will dip into it often. Pattidot, I am going to learn this quote so that I can say it out loud when I am walking in the great outdoors with my dog. It will lift my very soul. Thank you. X

“Tears water our growth”

‘But in all the sadness…
You’ve got to remember that grief isn’t the absence of love.
Grief is the proof that love is still there.’

By Tessa Shaffer.

3 Likes

The best thing about the future is it comes one day at a time.
(Abraham Lincoln)

1 Like

“You could have grown cold, but you grew courageous instead. You could have given up, but you kept on going. You could have seen obstacles, but you called them adventures. You could have called them weeds, but instead you called them wildflower. You could have died a caterpillar, but you fought on to be a butterfly. You could have denied yourself goodness, but instead you chose to show yourself some self-love. You could have defined yourself by the dark days, but instead through them you realized your light.”

1 Like

That’s great. I like it a lot. Where’s it from.

Hi
It’s from a website called tiny buddha.
From the quote archive,i find there’s many inspirational quotes on there,depending on what emotion you are feeling at the time ,i often have a read.There’s some other interesting stuff on there too.x