Quotes...

Thanks. I will have a look.

Memories are a lovely thing,
They last the longest day,
They can never be lent,
Never be spent
And never taken away.

1 Like

To everyone else, the death of that being you love for his own sake, for her own sake, is an event that occurs on a certain day. For you, the death only begins that day. It is not an event, it is only the first moment in a process that lives in you, springing up into the present, engulfing you years, decades later, as though it were the first moment again.

Alice Koller

2 Likes

Life’s not about waiting for the storms to pass…
It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

1 Like

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”

1 Like

Let’s resurrect this thread. Quotes can be helpful, comforting and meaningful. I came across this one only yesterday:

We don’t ‘move on’ from grief. We move forward with it…

I can vouch for that…

1 Like

Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that’s all. You can’t see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it.

By Mitch Albom

2 Likes

Oh my goodness robina, that’s lovely. How do you measure love? Yes, there has to be some madness in it. Perhaps we love too much, if that’s possible. ‘Loved for ourselves’. Oh yes!!! So many in this world today feel unloved. It’s as if no one cares. But on here we can send love to one another. We don’t know each other in a worldly sense, but we share a common bond in grief. Love travels well, like good wine, and it must help whenever it’s sent winging on its way. Bless you robina.

Thanks Kate. Great minds think alike. You beat me too it.
I’ve got one but it’s more about hope and it’s from Catch 22 (Joseph Heller).

“I’ve decided I’m going to live forever, or die in the attempt.”

My wife said that to me as we made our way home after she received her death sentence. I knew the quote but couldn’t remember where from, and she explained.
It’s going to be my mantra.

Such beautiful Quotes bringing tears to my eyes Adele x

If you’re going through hell, keep going

Winston Churchill

Life is too important to be taken seriously

Oscar Wilde

Thinking this thread should be resurrected once more in the hope of bringing some comfort.

‘Not till our hearts have been broken and empty,
Can we savour the time when they’re happy and full…’

Taken from a poem by Mark Rickerby.

Whatever you’re feeling, be good to yourself. If you feel lost, be patient with yourself while you find your way. If you feel scared, be gentle with yourself while you find the strength to face your fear. If you feel hurt, be kind to yourself while you grieve and slowly heal. You can’t bully yourself into clarity, courage, or peace, and you can’t rush self-discovery or transformation. Some things simply take time, so take the pressure off and give yourself space to grow.

1 Like

All my soul follows you,
Love encircles you and I live in being yours.

By Robert Browning

LOVE this. Thank you x

" And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you. "

2 Likes

Oh yes…absolutely. YES, YES, YES x

It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.

John Steinbeck

And however dark it is now, we wouldn’t have missed her light for anything.

2 Likes

Sheila / Jackie, you’ve reminded me of this ‘Quotes’ thread from last year. I’ve just reread it all…:heart_eyes:

“My love for you is undying, therefore so are you”
By Vivian Greene