Quotes...

If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…
I would walk through my garden forever.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

2 Likes

Dear Kate
Thank you for reviving this thread…I had forgotten about it but how special to read all the entries again.
Time moves on…the world hasn’t stopped turning but now it seems to rotate at a different angle. Reading these quotes reminds me that loss has always been the counterpart of love…that the road we now travel has been trodden throughout history by so many different souls …these quotes are like little lamps to help us on our way .I so hope that all our old friends are coping with their journeys.
Take care x

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Judy Garland

2 Likes

He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began.

Leo Tolstoy

1 Like

I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses… the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face.

Lisa Kleypas
Again the Magic

4 Likes

WOW!!! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: You guys are absolutely amazing. Where have you all come from. My goodness, and some say there is no love in the world. Oh yes there is and so much of it is on here.
Thanks all.

1 Like

Loneliness will sit over our roofs
with brooding wings

Dracula

’ I’ve fallen in love many times…
Always with you. ’

February 14

’ Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine,
love, though art every day my Valentine! ’

Thomas Hood

Some love lasts a lifetime,
True love lasts forever :heart:

4 Likes

You have died but all you have written on the pages of my heart lives.

By Vivian Greene

3 Likes

Let everything happen to you.
Beauty and terror. Just keep going.
No feeling is final.

By Rainer Maria Rilke

1 Like

Hi Kate. I like that one and so very true when you think about it. So much happens in our lives but it all passes with time and we learn to cope.
Pat xxx

Heard the following on ‘Friends’ this evening:

If I’d have known the last time I kissed you would be the last time, I would never have stopped… :kiss:

4 Likes

Hi. Kate. Yes indeed!! How we underestimate the power of love, It’s universal and is the antidote for all pain and disquiet. It’s such a misused word and has been so debased over the years. But the love I speak of is unconditional. It has no strings attached. So it must follow that being indestructible it must go on beyond death. If we could only see that and believe it so much pain could be avoided. It’s an unbreakable bond between those who truly love. ‘The Golden thread of Love’ goes way beyond the passing of a loved one. That too is unbreakable.
Blessings Kate and a hug.

2 Likes

Hi Kate. Jeanette here.This is a quote from Will Shakespeare. We are such stuff that dreams are made of .
Our little lives end with sleep.
I want that read out at my funeral.x

1 Like

Yes. “And all the worlds a stage, and we, the players, strut and fret our way across it, and are seen no more”. Shakespeare put a lot of things into perspective. Is it all one big act? We play our part and then move on. Such is life!!!

1 Like

Also ive heard
“If i had known the last time i held you would be the last time i hold you
I would have held you forever”

4 Likes

That’s so lovely :cry:

Oh yes carolm, we would never have let go.
I’m sorry you have a need for this site but I’m glad you’ve found us. I hope you find some comfort here. Love and hugs. xx