Really finding it hard

@Martju I am so sorry for what you are going through. All I can say is that we are here for you xx

3 Likes

@Martju - oh, my friend - I know how this feels, I have walked where you are walking. I have held my breath in the same way - dreading the end. My dear, you are stronger than you think and you are right there with him. Leave thoughts of what follows to one side if you can and just be, just be with him and hold him as and while you can. The rest can wait. We are with you, we are right here. x

4 Likes

@Martju … I truly am sorry for what you are going through.
Know that we are all here to support you … Any time, one of us will be here. X

2 Likes

Has anyone found it getting easier after they have passed the “firsts” (as in anniversary, birthdays, Christmas, new year)???

I applied if it was on the conversation but someone mentioned it, that someone told them it will slowly get easier when you pass the “firsts”

For me - no… hubby passed away in November, have already dealt with his/my birthday, Christmas, new year, anniversary of when we met, my dad’s birthday and 2nd anniversary (other most important man in my life) … So I only have left - our wedding anniversary and then his “First” anniversary.

I am finding that I am feeling worse with each day.

I have started to try sort the upstairs out … Came across our box of cards (birthdays/Christmas/anniversaries) that we kept
… not just between ourselves, but from others …Started sorting those - ours are going into his memory box, special dates from others also.going in … this I think maybe too soon to deal with - but I also need to think about when I go back to work (hate my job, hated it before Baldy, more so now)

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting 16 month for a sign. Still nothing. Had should a bad day today nothing seems the same. You face every day but nothing really make sense. 47 years love of my life. I said to my son today how do you do this world now with out my mark. It just not seem to get better as some people say time a healer

4 Likes

@Martju
How unbearably sad for you to be watching and waiting. Sending you my love and praying for strength for you.
We will be here for you throughout this terrible ordeal.
My husband died suddenly so I didn’t have that awful period of illness and waiting for the inevitable so can’t imagine it.
There is NO easy way to lose those we adore.

Hugs xxx

4 Likes

Love to you xx

2 Likes

Well said my friend I’m 71 so your generation . I lost my partner in 2021. I agree with everything you said .

4 Likes

Thanks for support in the middle of a massive cry at the mo , take care all of you xx

3 Likes

@Martju yes I’m having a bad day, really can’t bear this pain we have to live with so want my old life back but know that’s impossible, it kills me inside!!
Peace & Love xx

2 Likes

@Martju Read your post here. Thinking of you still. This is such a terrible ordeal to endure. Words can never fully express the pain we feel. Love and support.

1 Like

Totally agree - same with us xx

@martju no words can ever express this pain we feel, it consumes your whole personality. Thinking of you and wish for all of us we manage to get through another day.

2 Likes

Thinking of you Martju.
Not sure I can promise the crying will stop… Ive been crying all weekend… But we are all here for you and will support as best we can. Hugs xx

1 Like

I too have been crying all day. First night staying in our bed at home. Xx

2 Likes

@Charm I haven’t been able to go back to our bed, she died in the hallway outside the bedroom so just doesn’t feel right, been on the sofa since it happened in November xx

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that. I have just woken so my first night nearly done xx

1 Like

If it makes you feel better my wife died at home in her own bed just as she wanted. Obviously it’s upsetting for you but try and think if she had a wish she would have wanted to be at home.
Sorry for your loss.

3 Likes