Remember me!

This is my David Austin rose called ‘Remember Me’. It was given to me by my two nephews after my husband had died. On the first anniversary, in 2018, it actually bloomed on that day. It’s a day or two earlier this year but I love it :heart_eyes:. xx

16 Likes

That is beautiful :heart_eyes: Kate

3 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. A beautiful tribute.xx

2 Likes

Ah , so lovely xx

1 Like

This is one of my favourite roses, Kate, it is beautiful. Thank you for the photo, I am sure Stan put one in our garden in memory of my beloved brother.

2 Likes

Hi Kate I had the same rose bought for me when I lost my Ron. My two daughters had roses called My Dad and simply the best. All different but all lovely and with such love for my Ron. Love and hugs. X Carol x

3 Likes

That’s lovely Carol. Such a thoughtful gift, isn’t it? That rose is so very special. Has yours bloomed yet? xx

2 Likes

Morning Kate I cut my rose down and I was worried I did too much but thankfully I have buds on it now so waiting for the lovely flower to appear. Enjoy the sunshine today as much as you can. Love and hugs. xxxx Carol xxxx

1 Like

that rose is beautiful Kate,such a lovely gesture from your 2 nephews.
im as far from a gardener as is humanly possible,sadly I wouldn’t have the green fingers to look after one.or id try get one for myself.
and im far from surprised that you love it :smile:

2 Likes

You were right to cut your rose right back Carol. That’s what Monty Don says to do. (I always do what Monty says!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I did and mine has bushed out beautifully. I’m glad you have some buds. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Ian, you don’t need green fingers to look after a rose. They’re made of sturdy stuff, almost indestructible. Cut them back once a year and they’ll last forever :grin:. Treat yourself :wink:. There’s also a company where you can name a rose. I bought one for a friend of mine and named the rose after her dear late husband, who was our best friend. xx

2 Likes

Such a special rose Kate. Beautiful.
Thinking of you at this time. Trust you’re doing okay and keeping well.
Annette

1 Like

Hi Ian
Go on have a go and get a beautiful rose in your garden for Jayne. You can look after it, there is plenty of advice out there if you need it. Just feed it and love it.
I was a poor excuse for a gardener some years ago and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be able to grow my own veg on a huge area and now sadly single handed.
I love the idea of a rose so will be getting one myself. Love your rose Kate
Pat

3 Likes

Hi,

How beautiful. I too have a pink rose. My daughter passed away 8 years ago suddenly. The Rose is called Debz delight. My daughters name is Deborah. The Rose will bring comfort and remind you that life goes on. I am sure you have wonderful memories of beautiful times you spent together. Take care x

3 Likes

I have already posted that I have bought a garden bench in memory of Stan, I shall put a rose in the parts which have been left for a plant.

7 Likes

Thank you Pat, be sure to let us know when you buy your rose and the name of it. :rose:

Ian, I agree with Pat. A rose for your Jayne would be lovely and I know you would look after it. :heart:

Kate999, your rose sounds delightful. It’s a wonderful memorial for a loved one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mary, a rose would look lovely in your bench. Let us know what you buy. I notice the wine on your table - is that your refreshment after you’ve finished weight lifting? :rofl:

3 Likes

I wish Kate, I haven’t touched alcohol for nearly 25 years, because of my blood disorder, porphyria, it would kill me if I did. :sob:

1 Like

Peach is my favourite coloured rose. I must try and find this one. Xx

What a beautiful rose and how very thoughtful of them. I always think a plant is better than cut flowers when someone dies because when the flowers die you just remember your lost loved one dying all over again but a plant that keeps going helps you remember the kindness and thoughtfulness of the giver and you enjoy the fact that the plant lives on in memory of your loved one. It is something to cherish. Thinking of you.

2 Likes

Thank you Meebee, it is a very beautiful rose and so meaningful. It’s budding again so getting ready for a second bloom. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like