Remember me!

Crazy Kate it’s dull out there and I’ve been scrolling through all the heartfelt posts on here. Have just seen your beautiful rose and wonder if you or anyone on here could recommend a dented white rose for me to plant for Malcolm. I had got a beautiful highly scented red rose to plant for him as he always bought them for me on Valentine’s Day. Thankfully haven’t had to go through that one yet.Long story short, or shorter, our daughter wouldn’t let me. He’s Yorkshire through and through she pointed out , he’d never forgive you! So any suggestions gratefully received.xxx

1 Like

https://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/shop/86-White/

There’s some lovely roses on this site. Worth a look. I hope you find something bjane. My ‘Remember Me’ rose is just about to burst into bloom again. :grin::heart: xx

Thank you Kate, will have a look. Hope you’re okay today, I’m feeling almost lighthearted today. . A butterfly flew into the bedroom, settled on my heart for a coupl of seconds then flew straight out of the window. . Such a lovely feeling xxxx

2 Likes

:butterfly::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::butterfly:

1 Like

You’re so lovely! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:xx

1 Like

And you make me smile :blush: xx

Glad I can still be useful!! :joy:xx

1 Like

How lovely, what a beautiful picture. Its only been a month since I lost my wonderful husband but my neighbours who are all fantastic had a whip round and got me a garden voucher to buy something in his memory. I was thinking a tree but reading all these beautiful posts I might choose a rose.

3 Likes

Yes, a symbol of our love for them.Hope you’re coping okay x

2 Likes

This is so beautiful🧡

1 Like

Hotchoc is better and more comforting than alcohol in times of grief anyway. Tomato cupasoup isn’t a bad sub either. I also found myself downing fruits smoothies as if they were alcohol , I think it was the sugar in shop bought ones. At least, sugar aside they were quite healthy. Soup and smoothies kept me going just after mum died because of all the stress I was under I really lost my appetite and lost a stone in 4 weeks not the way to do it. Am now going the other way and stress eating. Look after yourself. Thinking of you.

2 Likes

What a lovely gesture on their parts. So much better than cut flowers. A tree is lovely I had one named after my dad when he died it was a scheme by velvet toilet tissue at the time, unfortunately I lost the link because you could watch it grow. A rose is also a beautiful idea. Anything which you can watch grow and bloom over the years. My dad planted a rowan tree for his dog (his favourite working collie) when he buried her and watching it grow was a comfort to us all as she was such a major part of the family. She was so intelligent and thoughtful and such a great listener. She more like a person than a dog, she was quite remarkable. And the rowan tree was nice as it is quite a fast growing tree relatively speaking. Take care thinking of you all.

3 Likes

Dear all, I haven’t been looking through this site lately, but have ust scrolled through this thread about Roses as a memory of your loved ones. My Alan loved growing roses, all kinds, and indeed at present there are two Roses white and a beautiful deep pink flowering at the moment that he planted in our garden. I know how much he enjoyed those, and during this flowering season I have taken some to put on his headstone. We often sat together in the garden on sunny days admiring the beautiful roses and enjoying our quiet contented companionship at that time. After two years since he died, I still miss him, but know he would be happy that I have such good happy memories of sitting with him with the roses . Deidre

7 Likes

I am sorry for your loss but what a lovely post. About how you cherished each other and what a lovely thing you did. Its little things like that that make a big difference to us. Take care and thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Hi Deidre
What a nice post and I hope it give some comfort to those that are newly bereaved and so very full of sadness. I am so pleased you are looking after Alan’s roses. Just as I look after our garden and allotments. We still aim to please them don’t we. It’s just as important now as ever.
xxxx

4 Likes

Thank you Meebee for your kind words. I am sorry for your loss and hope you are having a good day. Remembering the good times with your loved one helps. Take one day at a time, enjoying little things that are good - a smile from a child or someone you may meet, flowers and birdsong. A walk in the fresh air can lift your mood. I wish you well. Deidre

2 Likes

Hi Pat
Thanks for your kind words. Good to hear from you.
As you say, we still have to do what we can for our loved ones. You are always so busy with your garden and allotment which would make your husband so proud, and you gain pleasure and a sense of satisfaction of a job well done. I love my home and garden with the memories of Alan being here and sharing with me. I dont do all the gardening now, as I’m not too steady on my feet, but have a very caring gardener who tends it lovingly and keeps the garden as I like it. Fortunately, the gardener also knew Alan, so I feel he is working for both of us. I dont know what I would do without a garden. Just the pleasure of being out and feeling part of nature works wonders for me. Wishing you well. Deidre xx

2 Likes

My ‘Remember Me’ rose is on its second bloom. Although past their best, these two have been blown by the wind and become tangled. Just like me and David; we had become so entwined, we were one. :heart:

3 Likes

Just looking at your lovely rose, C Kate. Can you tell it’s raining, have been on line for hours! Took your advice and bought a beautiful white rose for my wonderful
Yorkshire man and it’s been named Love you for ever, also a red/pink Anniversary one.Still in pots at the moment but lovely, the white one in bloom and I know he loves it xxxx

2 Likes

That’s wonderful bjane. I’m so glad as a rose is very special. I had one named Jack, as a gift for the wife of our best friend who died a year before David. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes