Returning to work

Hello,
It’s lovely to hear from you.
I went to my brothers on Christmas Day, I wanted to stay at home but they convinced me to go. It’s been a very quiet time. Last night I just went to bed and watched some rubbish on tv. Like you, I’m glad it’s over, but feel sad that we have found ourselves in a new year and feel like my husband has been left behind in the last year. I don’t even know if that makes any sense.
That’s great news regarding your work. I go back to work on 12th January. I’m dreading it. I don’t sleep and have terrible insomnia. If I could fix that, I might find myself coping a bit better. I’m only 49 and not ready to retire so I must return.
That’s great, it’s a change of scenery for you and the dog will keep you busy with walks.
Enjoy the rest of your stay at your sons house. Take good care and I’m always here if you ever need to chat to someone.
Lots of love xxx. :heart:

1 Like

Hi Millie
I send love and hugs for next week, I hope all goes well , love Jeanette xx

1 Like

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you so much for your kind message. I’m totally dreading work next week. I feel sick at the thought of it.
Thinking about you and hope you’re doing ok. Hope you enjoyed time at your son’s house.
Take care. Xx.

2 Likes

Hi @Millie17,
I went back to work at the beginning of this week - my decision. It was emotional but my colleagues and my residents have been so supportive and kind. It has helped me focus on something else, if only for a few hours. I have dropped a day’s work for the time being so i can attend bereavement and social groups.
I hope you have a positive return and all goes well for you. Yvette x

2 Likes

Hi Yvette,

Thank you for your message, that was really kind. It’s lovely to hear your colleagues have been very supportive and you have something to focus on. I’m sure the first day will be hard and hope that it gets easier. I feel silly for getting myself so worked up.
Take care and thank you for taking the time to reply. Lots of love xx.

1 Like

Millie17
Hope you are well as can be ,wishing you all the best on your return to work on the 12th, I have been back to work But I have had a couple of days when the grief was too much so took the days off ,as I Sayed before I’m lucky to work for a supportive company ,Please let us know how you get on
regards steve xx

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your kind message. I’m dreading Thursday I really am. I feel like my head is all over the place, thought I was doing ok, but there’s days I feel like I’m back to square one.
I hope you’re doing ok, as well as you possibly can. That must make a difference when your company are supportive.
I most definitely will let you know how I get on. Take care and speak to you soon xx.

3 Likes

Hi Millie
I wish you well today , I will be thinking of you and I hope all goes smoothly xx

3 Likes

Hello.

Hope you’re doing ok.

Thank you so much. It went much better than I thought. I was very anxious before I left the house, but I got to work and it was ok.

I don’t know about you, but I feel like all of a sudden I’m going back the way and struggling a bit.

Thank you for sending kind message.

Sending love xx. :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Millie
I am so proud that you have conquered today, I hope that the emotions will settle down , you can only give your best xx

3 Likes

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your message.

Well after not a bad yesterday, I was sent home from work today. I feel like a complete failure and got myself in a bit of a state. I’m suffering from chronic insomnia and barely getting much sleep. I got to work this morning feeling like a zombie and had to speak to my Dr again. I feel like I’m back to square one :cold_sweat:.

Take care xx.

1 Like

Millie17
I know where your coming from I too went back to work on two occasions I could not go in it got too much ,You are not a failure ,you gave it a try as I have been told many times,day by day baby steps
steve xxxx

1 Like

@Millie17
Please don’t feel like you are back to square one - think of it as a minor step back. I hope that your GP will be able to help you with your insomnia and you are able to rest and get some restoring sleep.
Do you have anything relaxing planned for the weekend? X

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for replying. I’m probably being too hard on myself. I just felt annoyed with myself. Dr called me today and I have a further face to face appointment next week so will see how it goes. This journey that we are all on is so hard at times.
Take care and speak to you soon xx :heart:

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your kind message.

I have been on a couple of meds for my insomnia and nothing has helped so far. The dr prescribed me with Temazepam today and I feel quite scared taking them. I’ve never been on so much medication in my life and never previously experienced insomnia, but it’s now chronic and feel like I can’t function. I’ve got blood tests booked also.

Nothing planned this weekend. I’m just hoping to get some much needed rest. Hope you enjoy the weekend as best you can.

Take care and speak to you soon. Thank you xx :heart:

1 Like

just try and do what is right for You and dont try and please everyone
steve xx

1 Like

Hi Millie
First you’re not a failure!
Please be kind to yourself , the trauma is very real!
I do hope your doctor can assist in levelling out the anxiety and insomnia ,
Work has now seen your struggle! Maybe they will be able to help you in a constructive way xx
Sending love and hugs xx

1 Like

Thanks Steve, I will do my best. I appreciate that. Enjoy your weekend the best you can xx :heart:

Good morning!

Thank you for that. I was embarrassed leaving work yesterday and everyone seeing me leave, I felt I had let my colleagues down too.
I really hope the Dr can as I can’t go on like this, feel at breaking point not sleeping. :cold_sweat:
The work were very decent yesterday and just wish they had been like this from the beginning.
Hope you enjoy your day the best you can.
Sending you love xx. :heart:

1 Like

Morning Millie
I hope you feel better today xx

1 Like