Scattering ashes

Hi it is 8 months since I lost my husband and there is not a day goes by that I don’t cry ! So many things crop up that makes you think about them . But there is nothing wrong with crying . My worst time is going to bed this is when I feel his loss so much and have nobody to discuss the day with in bed like we always did . That’s usually when the tears flow like a river and I know it’s the same for a lot of people in our position xx

1 Like

Awwww I’m same it’s 10 1/2 month’s today​:broken_heart::cry: miss him so very much he was only 55 , sudden death so a massive shock to me and our children :cry::cry::cry: I’m so sorry for your loss , I have no words of comfort, I feel your pain and loss. Much love. Xx

Thank you he got cancer at 65 5 months later he passed away all from a freckle on his big toe . So traumatic as I nursed him it spread to bones and liver so rapidly . We got married young I was 18 he was 19 such a big hole in my life now . X

I am still struggling , my husbands ashes are still with the undertaker. I was thinking of doing it on the Anniversary of the day we met, it was actually Good Friday but as Easter is different each year I looked it up & it was April I7th so that would would be a good idea but realised it is my grandsons birthday. So that wouldn’t be right. Then maybe the actual good Friday this year but am very uncertain . I know there isn’t any rush but I want the day to mean something. I’m sure I will sort it out but does make me unhappy I feel he should be laid to rest but somehow I can’t seem to let him go.
Unhappy 127

Hello all…havent been on here for a while…getting on with my life but still this empty feeling inside everyday…my bri died 5 months ago…i talk to him all the time…laughing at what he’d say. His family came last week take some of his ashes to spread over his mother/father/brothers grave…(they live down south)…Im going to on a lovely day scatter bri’s ashes where we used to go for picnics beautifull views.his wish aswell…and play “the lark assending”…I know my life will never be the same without him but must live life for my only son…who was so worried about me when bri died…my son and partner trying for baby…hopefully things will happen…love to you all…all i can say …do what you feel right / at your pace and carry your loved one in your heart thinking they would want you to live life for them…x

1 Like

Hi, Firstly we have a lot in common. I am a Pat as well and my husband was also Brian and before I moved down south I also lived in Shropshire, southern part. I also called my husband Bri. I took Brian to Shropshire a few times and he loved it there although he was a born and bred Islander.
Brian’s ashes were going to a Woodland site that his family own but something was telling me this wasn’t what he wanted and I spoke to him and asked him what I was to do. The answer came two days later and he wanted to come back to the town he was born in and be with his grandparents who raised him, This was the first indication that he was still looking over me as he had promised. So with the help of the bereavement services I was able to have part of their grave lifted and Brian’s ashes went there with them. A few close friends and family attended and I said a few lines of a lovely poem along with my own words of love. The cemetery is a short walk from my home and I go there often to talk to him. Some ashes are in a small urn in my living room and I have a locket with his ashes and a photo of him which I wear on special occasions so that he is near.
Pat xxx

2 Likes

Pat, I think it’s lovely what you’ve done with your Brian’s ashes. The locket will be very special indeed. My husband was buried but I have a silver pendant with his fingerprint on. This is something that the funeral directors organise. I wear it everyday. Xxx

1 Like

Hi Kate. I love the locket which my family bought for me and the Funeral Directors put the ashes in. Afraid I’m a wreck when I wear it as convinced I will lose it. So I keep it in a small casket by the side of the bed and wear it on special occasions. I had an op last summer and was allowed to wear it when I explained what it was. I wanted him near to me.
Pat xxx

2 Likes