Second year blues...

Thank you Sheila. I’m feeling that if I can afford to keep it I will. I’ve got precious little in my life. I just hope nothing else big goes wrong with it for a while.

There’s no justice as far as family are concerned. Prince Charles at the age of 70 still has both his parents & a load of other family, whereas you Sheila & I & many others have no one.

My father was 31 years older than my mother & was older than my maternal grandfather. He was 65 when I was born. He got bone cancer when I was 8. My maternal grandmother died then. At the age of 11 I was banished to a prison like convent boarding school. In the first term my father died I was told just before breakfast. I went to the diningroom crying, my friend asked me why, the nun was waiting to say Grace & I was punished for talking, for telling my friend my father had died. I sat on a wooden bench out in a hallway & I went back to that school recently & that bench is still there. I had to apologize after. I didn’t speak to my family for a month when I was allowed home. It was as if he’d never existed. I started having terrible nightmares at the age of 13 which continued for 30 years. They did a program last year, it was a short series called Bad Habits Holy Orders. It was based in that school. I’m still coping with my anger. My mother died when I was 30 so I never addressed it with her. My Grandfather died when I was 30 & his sister when I was 32 so I lost all of the older generation then. I consider that I never had a proper father.

Ive been struggling these past five months to go out . Ive been oit with family a lot, but the only times on my own have been for a short walk. I bit the bullet before and ordered a taxi, to take my prescription to to.doctors, and the went to the supermarket. . I was so anxious, had to conrol my breathing. Think I had left it too long. Before Phil died We were always out together, either at the hospital, or at caravan . He would take me to the supermarket and wait in the car because he was too breathless. The one thing he could do to the end was drive. I feel a bit easier now Ive been out and it passed an hour as well,
Sandra

You’ve got it in one Sheila, it’s the memories. It gives me a strange sort of comfort.

You’ve got it in one Sheila, it’s the memories. It gives me a strange sort of comfort.

I love driving. I hate being a passenger.

I so relate to that Sandra. That was one of the most painful things for me, going to the supermarket. I use to get upset in certain ares for example the fruit section & the yoghurt section. I’ve got a few shops under my belt now so it’s a bit easier. It’s changing the tape.

I prefer to drive…when I have a car.

I always did our food shoppimg online before we moved here. Last week I did a shop and had it delivered. To be honest I think its brilliant. I have to admit i dont enjoy food shopping and having it delivered is wonderful. Today was about getting out not the shopping. Ive done clothes shopping and present shopping online for years. Its no fun anymore trailing round getting pushed , feeling tired and stressed. Cheshire oaks the designer outlet which is just up the road from me, is a nightmare. The traffic gets gridlocked every weekend. The only christmas shopping we do is at M & S down there. Have done all my Christmas shopping online apart from cards,

I wont be getting much of an online shop foodwise this christmas, because I wont be cooking the lunch. First time ever we’re going out to eat. Have to do somethimg different, this being the first year without my love,

Be glad when its behind us,

Sandra

I hardly ever do any shopping. I have had deliveries. Do you tip them?
As for Christmas I shall be on my own. I have to somehow drag myself through the days. Then the New Year will come, the first without Brian.

I know that song well. I play a game called SongPop. I always choose 50s & 60s songs.

I remember that song, cos I had a friend called Sheila. Love that era and the 70s .
Sandra

Oh right. Nice songs then. I mostly beat my competitors, it’s too far back for them.

Hi veda, No Ive never tipped the delivery men. Like Sheila I always tip the postman, I have a lot of parcels and he always leaves them safe. The only other person I tipped was the milkman, when we had it delivered, because Phil was a milkman for a while, and it was hard work in all weathers,

Sandra

What do you give the postman? I hardly ever see mine. Do you tip the refuse collectors?

I heard a song today at York Christmas Market which my wife sang with her choir a few years ago. I just thought how appropriate it was to how I was feeling. It was Freiheit that made it a hit and it was “keeping the dream alive”. I had to Google it to get the name of the group. Seems like it’s very popular for community rock choirs.

Oh that’s nice.

Yes my refuse men do the same. My postbox is in my garage so I hardly ever see the postman.

I don’t get many parcels.

I quite like to tip the grocery people, they save me carrying things.