Second year

Hi Noel, I think everyone needs a good cry. It’s hellish at the time and sometimes feel like the tears won’t stop or can can I live like this. But afterwards the feelings are lighter and I can think clearer. I exhausted myself trying to be doing/meeting up almost every day, I’m now more focused spending time at home though I do make a point to meet up with friends. One thing that definitely helped was I got a pup, I’ve no choice but to take her out and great company. Good luck with the future, Diane

2 Likes

Hi Diane, me darling husband died 15 months ago,and like you I thought this year would be easier, It is !! slightly,but little things set me off, doing some clearing out this morning when I came across a fathers day card from 2 years ago, a picture of my husband holding our granddaughter,saying your the best grandad ever, tears started rolling down, this year I will be alone on sunday,my two sons are going to celebrate at home,which is fine,they miss their dad so much. I was married to my Glenn for 47 years, so loosing him is loosing part of me,
I am trying to find me again, but feel guilty, that I’m trying to get on with things, I think about my husband many times through our the day, talk to him constantly, asking him if I’m doing things right.It’s so hard isn’t it. ?Stay strong I know it’s not easy, but we are all here to help.x

2 Likes

Oh Rain, I’m so sorry to hear this…and in a way I am now terrified…as my only hope everyday is that things will improve somehow as time goes by. The only thing I am sure of - is that everyone will deal with their loss in an individual manner. I have read here that there is one to one counseling, is that something you have thought about? I am not ready for that myself, it has only been 13 weeks since I lost my husband and (it may sound strange) but i do not want ‘fixed’ it is too early for me…My own mother (when my father died) she was only my age 56… she ‘took to her bed’ This was 30 years ago - different times… but I think now a days she would have been treated with counseling for deep grief - deep depression. There is no ‘normal’ in grief - that I am finding the hard way… but I hope you would consider reaching out (just like you have done here … that is certainly very brave!!)

3 Likes