Shared thoughts and feelings

Hi all,
All of us on this forum share the same thoughts and feelings whether it’s the loss of a partner, child, parent , sibling or friend.
When I lost my husband six months ago, I felt I was the only one in the world, the world around me and everyone in it was still happily carrying on and my world had just fallen apart.
I’ve never felt so much pain like it, felt so alone.
I remember in the first few weeks thinking I wish I knew someone who is in the same situation and understands my thoughts and feelings as everyone around me just didn’t get it, I felt hopeless and lost.
But finding this forum has saved me, to be able to talk and share thoughts and feelings with people that know exactly how I feel, feels like a weight has been lifted.
I’ve made some lovely friends and by reading other posts I can see others have too, to be able to connect with others with the same loss and experiences is such a comfort.
I just like to say to everyone stay strong, we’re all here for each other, you’re not alone.
Love to all
Steph xx

13 Likes

Hi Steph. So sorry for your loss. I lost my darling wife to breast cancer just 21 days after diagnosis on the 6th November 2019. It will be 7 months a day after our wedding anniversary on the 5th June. This year would have been 49 years. Life seems to be getting no better. Just me. Wife’s family have just dropped me. Days just seem empty. My wife’s condition was diagnosed just after I had finished Radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Just miss Penny :heart: so much. Hope you are coping. This lockdown don’t help. xx

3 Likes

Hi Freddie,
I’m so sorry for your loss aswell. I lost Tim on the 4th November 2019 so the same sort of time as you.
49 years, full of so many happy memories.
It’ll be 31 years married this year for me and where has the time gone, in a blink of an eye it’s all over .
You’ve been through so much what with your health aswell, I don’t know how we all cope, but somehow we get through each day .
Stay strong
Steph x

2 Likes

Dear Steph and Freddie, I just lost my Dad to Covid but I am thinking about you both and wishing you peace. Rachel.

2 Likes

Hi Rachel,
So sorry , my thoughts are with you.
Steph x

Hi Rachel . So sorry for the loss of your Dad. Thank you for your kind words. Thinking of you at this difficult time. xxx

1 Like

Well said Steph, we are all on the same journey together and supporting eachother along the way :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Yes we are, we can all help each other :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I agree with all you have said Steph. Without this forum I have no idea what I’d do. It’s like a lifeboat keeping us afloat.xx

4 Likes

Yes you are so right xx

2 Likes

I only found this Forum yesterday and already, I feel comforted by the lovely comments. Thank you everyone. We need to look after each other. Rachel x

7 Likes

It’s the only place we feel we can really say how we feel, and everyone understands x

4 Likes

So very true, Steph. :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Hi Steph
Just read your post and I know exactly how you feel as it is now fourteen months since I lost my husband to cancer. He only got five weeks after his diagnosis and past away in March 2019. He was a very fit guy and it was such a shock facing his cancer battle. I really miss him every day and life will never be the same without him. We were married for 47 years and I look back at the happy memories but still miss him so much. Thinking of you and others in the same position.
Take care of yourself.

3 Likes

Everyone’s stories are so sad. We are all sitting here all in pain and all we’ve got left are our memories.
Life is very cruel, but thank goodness we can share our feelings with others.
Take care xx

3 Likes

Dear @Snapper23 I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to this community and Thankyou for joining us. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband after such an incredibly long time together I just can’t help thinking how wonderful it is that you had a soulmate for such a large part of your life ! This must have though increased the shock and loss you felt on loosing him and I am so sorry for that. We are here to support as much as we can x Thankyou for sharing with us Ailie x

Lovely words sorry for your loss :broken_heart::heart: I thought the exact same when I lost my son suddenly though I have close family & friends I needed someone who knew what it was like also hence I went on Sue Ryder it helped alot

2 Likes

Haven’t posted for a few weeks…I lost my lovely husband 4 months ago. He was 63, fit and healthy and active, a builder so always on the go. He left for work as usual and then whilst driving home suffered a .massive heart attack and crashed. He died at the scene. I honestly feel worse as the weeks tick by. I miss him so much and now our future has been ripped away I wonder daily what the point of everything is. I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren , their grief is raw too, but different. I miss doing nothing with him and that comfortable feeling of knowing their love was unconditional…we had 40 years together and I never thought I would be in this position at 57. I have deep fear for my future…all those jobs he just did, creating a beautiful home for us, always busy making or building things. I hate this new life I now have to lead and honestly wonder when I will wake up not full of dread at the day stretching ahead. Sometimes it’s good to just write it all down and I honestly feel for each and everyone one of you here. Lots of love to you all. Tracie x

4 Likes

Hi Tracie,
Your story sounds so similar to mine.
My husband was a builder always on the go, he suffered a cardiac arrest at work, went out fine in the morning and that was the last time I saw him, no warning nothing, I’m still in shock and disbelief seven months on, he was 56, I’m 51 with three grown up daughters and three grandchildren, we will all never be the same again, I miss him so much .
How awful these things happen, your husband driving home, it’s devastating.
I also have fear for the future, it’s scary and the thought of the years we could of had just snatched away. I look at all of the jobs he has done in the house, he had not long finished the kitchen, it’s all so sad.
Keep posting it does feel better to write it all down and to know there are people in the same situation really helps, it gets me through.
Take care
Steph x

3 Likes

So sorry for the loss of your son, it does help to share what we feel with people that know exactly how we feel.
Take care
Steph x

1 Like