Signs from loved ones

I lost my daughter unexspectadly six weeks ago, her name was Megan. My husband us spiritual and believe she us always around us, yet I’m very sceptic. I’d like to think she is but for some reason it makes me feel scared. She has been to me in dream twice but again I think it’s my brain over thinking. In my dream I asked if she was ok and she nodded no, this made me very sad because she died of Sudden unexspectad death in epilepsy, even though she only ever had two. . I found her in her room and was told to do CPR even though I knew she had died. I always feel guilty that I could have done more. Is she really sad? We’re still in total disbelief, like many of us. I’d love a sign from her but it scares me too.
Sending (((hugs)))
Teresa

1 Like

Hi Joey,
I am so so sorry but i did not receive any notification of your last post. I feel so guilty that you think that I have just simply not been bothered.
Thankfully the Liverpool Care pathway that is the process you describe in stopping food and fluids is no no longer in practice and should not be used at all. Although I know some hospitals do still wrongly try but it is not allowed! I know this information is so little too late for you dad but I felt it important to share.
I understand how you feel about your dad. My Dad was my hero and my best friend too and even though I know that he is here and that he regularly sends me signs it still doesn’t help with the soul wrenching pain.
I talk to my dad all the time, just as if he were still here. Sometimes grief can form a barrier between them and us because the raw emotions and energy is so intense that we are not able to see - yet. Even though the grief does not stop the emotional energy does settle and opens up a space that allows us to see the signs and messages that are being sent.
Keep your belief, those signs are being sent and they are being sent with so much love. When you are ready I’m sure that you will receive those signs I’m abundance.
I hope you have recieved something in the time since your last post. Sending you much love and positive vibrations.

Hello All,

I’m still 24weeks in to dad leaving suddenly no illness, gone in 1 hour of the paramedics arriving. He was feeling a tad unwell but still working a week before.
I had an intense feeling two weeks prior, I knew something bad was coming and fast. I had even told my sister if had leaves that’s my only family gone (my sister and I do not get on and currently now speaking). It was like I had warning signs from a higher power (I’m not really religious more spiritual). I had even asked him if something happens what prayers he would want at his funeral. I was very low two weeks before…I knew I had to take recent photos, even record his voice (which I didn’t get round to)…it was all very strange but I no one knew he would really be going and so quickly!!

The night we came back from the hospital it was 4am when I went to bed. I felt a weight on my hip, like a hand on top of the blanket…I justified it with the weight of the duvet…I wish it was dad!!

Since I feel like I’ve lost my connection, I can’t feel him…I’m frustrated. People have said it’s because I have a lot going on around me. I started smoking again (now stopped) and when I was outside late at night and on my own one of the plastic small balls (like a tennis ball) hit my leg like someone had thrown it. I’m overly analytical so thought no it couldn’t have rolled towards me it was in a flower pot. It wasn’t windy…I still can’t work it out…I’d like to think it was dad.

I get the hairs on my arms or a shiver only in one area of the body…again I justify it thinking I’m cold or unwell or something.

Went to see a medium soon after dad passing, wanted her to validate something…she says he does show me signs, be patient.

I can feel a change in atmosphere sometimes, it’s hard to explain but again…I don’t know.

I hope I regain a connection…I miss him so much. I often talk aloud to him in my room…I still say night to him…

Sam

1 Like

Hello Sam.

My daughter Megan unexpectedly passed away 6 weeks ago. We was told Thursda by the coroner she died of SUDEP sudden unexspectad death in epilepsy. She was diagnosed last October with epilepsy after having two seizure but had no more ( not that we’re aware of) unroll 31st August that took her life. Her sister found her in her bedroom and I had to perform CPR even though I knew she had already passed. It has been the most horrific time of my life. I can’t ever see us being happy again.

I’m not sure what I believe in but I find great comfort in knowing Megan is around us and I have recently been in contact with my local spiritualist church and spoken to a wonderful lady.

What I do remember though is the night before I dreamt I was performing CPR but on my dad and as I woke that following morning I thought I must call him to see if he’s ok. . What I never thought is that’s I’d be performing CPR on my baby girl. My dad is ok btw.

Also two days after my daughter’s passing, after I was nodding off to sleep, I felt a kiss on my lips which alarmed me but as I settled, it happaned again! My husband who is a believer said it was Megan but she would have never ever had done that to me. Deep down I hope it was her.

I love and miss her with every beat of my heart.

Sending you (((hugs)))

Teresa xx

Hi Theresa,
Please please don’t feel scared. I know it’s a normal response as we all fear the unknown and that which we don’t fully understand but please rest assured that your beautiful daughter is with you and will be always. It is a very thin veil between their world and ours, they are closer than we think or believe. Only downside is it is like a two way mirror. They can see in but we can’t see out. I’m fairly sure that your daughters negative response in your dream would have been because she hates to see you and her dad hurting, she would dislike to know that you are feeling a little scared. Trust in what can be, don’t over analyse and the fear and uncertainty will pass.
Always remember, once you believe, signs are everywhere. They don’t always jump right out at you but can sometimes be very subtle and may even only be apparent to you but trust in yourself, your mothers instinct and intuition and trust in your daughter. I’m glad that you are seeking some form of guidance and help and I’m so so sorry for your loss. If ever I can help with anything then please please feel free to ask. Leanne Xxx

1 Like

Hi Sam,
I lost my dad suddenly too and although I feel it too difficult to discuss the circumstances I nursed my dad on my own in his final days and never left his side.
I understand the change in atmosphere completely and all of the other things that you have mentioned. You are obviously a lot more intuitive than you give yourself credit for and I feel that you simply need to trust in what you already know. We can all over analyse and question things repeatedly but you should to continue to go with your instinctive feelings. You know that your beloved dad is there and you know what you are experiencing. Embrace every moment and sign that you receive. Just like you I talk to my dad daily, say goodnight and even now nearly three years in I still sleep with his photograph under my pillow and with his pillow in my arms. He always promised that he would never really leave me and my dad was always true to his word. I regularly ask for signs and I must say I’m never disappointed. They may not be instantaneous and may take a day or two to come but I never have any doubt when they occur and where they are from.
You sound as if you are very open spiritually. Trust in your beliefs, the universe will always give what you need when you need it. Much love to you and big hugs. You got this (spiritually) and it sounds as if your dad has you as always. Leanne xxx

Thank you Leanne, that is so comforting. I hope what you say is true as I worry do much about her yet on the other, I’m scared. . .
Thank you so much for contacting me.
Sending you Big (((hugs)))
Teresa xxx

1 Like

You are more than welcome. Please feel
Free to contact me anytime. I’m always happy to help if a can and of course if you just need a shat or ronoffload I’m here for that too. Xxx

Autocorrect strikes again!!!
That should read as chat or want to offload x

Thank you for this thread. I have long wanted to write about this for a long time but haven’t!

The morning after my dear Janet died I woke to the feeling of her sitting on the bed next to me. My immediate thought was - you can’t sit like that. And an incredible sense of calmness and peace came over me - like I have never felt before or since. It only lasted 20-30 seconds but I will remember it forever.

Over time there have been many things - feelings smells, the robin which followed me & the dog for a whole walk. Feathers. So much. All these things have felt a comfort & I often say, Hi Janet, or something similar.

Anyway, I share this. Its precious.

Regarding Mediums/spiritualists, for what its worth, my own belief is that there are some things we are not meant to know, & when we do pass away, or on, our souls are not meant to be disturbed. I say this with the greatest respect, & as with all grieving, we have to make our own paths & do as appropriate for each of us as individuals. I make no judgement, we all have to find what comfort we can & do as we feel is right.

My Best Wishes to everyone… Richard

3 Likes

My mum passed away over 7 years ago and I never experienced any signs whatsoever. However, last year, on her birthday, I had the most amazing experience.

When she died in the local hospice, immediate family were invited to take a small pebble which represented the path of life. I always kept my pebble in my purse as I felt my mum would always ensure I had enough money to get by. On this particular day I had bought some vegetables from a local indoor market and had unknowingly dropped this pebble when paying for them. The lady on the stall came running after me and returned it. I was gobsmacked that she had done so as to most people it was “just an insignificant pebble” but bit meant the world to me.

I lost my husband 2 months later and I’m convinced my mum knew what was going to happen and she wanted me to know she was still watching over me.

2 Likes

Hi Teresa,

I’m so sorry for what you went through and your loss, it’s heartbreaking.
It’s almost like you had a warning but no one like you said would have thought it would be your daughter. I’m sorry.

I think you should believe that was your daughters kiss especially if it gives you comfort! I like to think some of my signs are dad but who knows. It’s almost like I need him to say I’m here with a sure sign.

I went to the spiritual church medium, she was the one who said be patient and I keep ignoring the signs. Now I look at everything and still feel I’m missing something!

I think they know when we are thinking of them…they can see us. Seen enough Mediums shows to live in hope…who knows but it’s lovely to hold on to for both of us!

Thanks for the hug, just what I needed.
Hug back, take care xx

2 Likes

Hi Leanne,

I want to thank you for sharing with me. I’m so sorry for your loss and how hard it was and is on you. I’m pleased your connection remains intact, not that it takes away from your loss but you have something that you can hold on to.

You understand the change in atmosphere too…oh I’m pleased, I thought I was just going nuts on my own.

Your message is exactly what I need to hear, you have no idea…it’s reassurance and a boost. I really thank you!! I feel like I lost my way spiritually after dad. I always wanted to tell dad that if anything happens you must come back and visit and each and every time I wanted to say it I would choke up so it remains unsaid.

I would always dismiss things and experiences prior to dads passing, rationalise everything and over analyse. Then a year before dad passed I decided to go with it, embrace the spiritual side, try and listen to my intuition which I always dismissed. Life seemed to feel and get better. Then I had the warnings about dad passing and after I felt lost, angry, sad all over the place. I need to get back in tune but to be honest I don’t know where to start.

He would be the one I would talk to about serious important things and the spiritual side.

I know I really needed to hear your message, you have really given me some revised faith, support and encouragement. You are right, I do need to trust in my beliefs, I’m going to try and ground myself and have some faith again.

Thank you!! Love and hugs, take care xxx

2 Likes

Hi My Life,
I cannot tell you how happy it is to hear that something that like you said was so insignificant to others but so very important to you was returned swiftly and safely. Signs do come in the most unusual ways sometimes and always when we least expect them. Your Mum knows how important that pebble is to you and the connection it has between you and her. I’m positive that she made sure that the right person found that pebble at the right time as like you say many others would have simply dismissed it as a mere stone.
Our loved ones often send us signs for no other reason other than to let us know that they are there and as I said to Sam in an earlier post we get what we need when we need it. I’m so sorry that you lost your mom and then your husband. Life is beyond cruel in many ways and has the ability to lift us to the sky or bring us crashing to our knees. Feel safe in the knowledge that both are still with you looking out for you and simply being by your side which is where you need them but also because it’s where they want to be. Big hugs to you. Leanne x

Hi Sam,
I assure you that you are not ‘going nuts’ on your own. You do not fear what is beyond this life and therefore it opens you up and makes you more succeptible to the subtle signs around us every day.
The time when you were watching and waiting would have been having the opposite effect though as you would have been trying to hard and not letting any energy flow freely around you. I think you know this already though.
I’m glad that I have been able to offer some reassurance. Like I said you get whet you need exactly when you need it.
It’s good that you are grounding yourself again and attempting to regain that inner peace spiritually as mediumship aside you understand that centering yourself amid such a chaotic world has huge benefits by itself.
I’m not sure if you have read any of my earlier posts but I am being mentored by the most fantastic and genuine medium and have learned, experiences and discovered the ability to do so so much and it ALL starts with grounding and centering. I do not in any way pretend to know all there is to know, I think even seasoned mediums are always on a constant learning curve and I certainly do not and would not thrust my beliefs and knowledge upon others. However I am always happy to talk to anyone that wishes and try to help them as much as I can.
Spiritually it’s the only thing about losing my dad that I can cope with, the only thing that I seem to know for sure. The grief and the pain still consumes me daily and in regards to the hurt, anger and even what sometimes feels like actual physical pain I am no further along I’m the grief process than I was the day he left. I’ve always believed that we do not merely cease to be when we come to the end of life’s journey but I only really started my spiritual journey around 12 months after my dad died. I had had the opportunity for years but it never seemed to be the right time until then.
I also believe that we have no control over life and death and although am with you in your belief that you recieved a warning I am also certain that no matter what you would not have changed the course of what happened or the outcome. Even though it seems a harsh statement, what’s meant to be will be and maybe the warning sign was just to make you sit up, start taking notice and to stop being so analytical, which I know is a trait embedded in us all, myself included.
It sounds as if your dad knew you well enough to know that you would openly receive all that he sends and it’s very evident that your connection and bond remains intact and as strong as it ever was. Nothing is ever left unsaid. Your dad knows what you need from him and as all good dads do he gives you that as often and as clearly as he can. Talking to him or for those that don’t feel comfortable talking out loud even writing what you want to say on a piece of scrap paper is enough. At the end of the day there is no magic to it. It is not a special gift to be able to receive messages and signs it is simply energy and connecting your energy to that of the universe whether that be in prayer for some or more spiritual steps like meditation and grounding for others. We all connect in our own way and on our own level and all beliefs should be respected. It’s not all bumps in the night and oobly gooblies (sorry childhood term) Although I know many think mediumship and the spirit world is nonsense and that’s okay everyone should be free to feel as they wish and everyone’s individual opinions should be respected equally.
You sound as if you are on the right path for you and know and understand how to follow that path in a way that is best for you and is personal to you. We are all (sometimes unknowingly) looking for ‘our path’ and what ever that path may be, as long it is one underpinned with goodness and light in whatever form as opposed to darkness and cruelty then that is the path we should follow.
No you are not nuts you are simply in tune with yourself and what you need.
Big hugs to you. Xx

Hi RicPg7,
I’m sorry I thought I had replied to you but for some reason it has gone I posted.
I wouldn’t wish for you to think that I was dismissing your beliefs by not replying.
I’m glad that you still have that connection with your beloved Janet and that you have experienced something so precious that I know you do and always will hold dearly and closely to your heart.
You are completely right though, there are many things that we should not know and knowledge that we should not seek as it is not meant for us. One of the biggest ‘rules’ of spiritualism is respect! No one that has or in many cases claims to have any spiritual intuition on any level should try to invade what is not theirs or evoke responses or knowledge that they are not meant to have.
All beliefs and opinions (providing they are of good intention) whether they be religion or mediumship etc should be respected and values and you are quite right in what you are saying. We each have our own path to follow, one that is right for us personally. One size does not fit all.
Yes you have experienced and will more than likely to continue to experience things that are special and significant to you and it sounds as if you cherish each and every one. We will all only ever have the knowledge that we are meant to have no matter how much some can and do dig and delve and we will only ever be given what we as individuals are comfortable with.
I’m glad you posted. You should never be afraid to speak as you feel and I’m sorry that it has taken time for you to feel comfortable with writing.
What you have shared is very precious and extremely personal and I’m sure that everyone in this thread will understand how difficult it can be to share such deep feelings and experiences.
Thankyou for sharing Janet and yourself. I’m sure that there will be many more connections between you both. Each new one as equally precious as the last.
Leanne x

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I would it really helpful. I looked at spiritual guidance from medium teachers a few weeks after dad passed. I wanted some help in grounding/centering and allowing myself to feel the connection any guidance on a regular basis.I didn’t know what I needed- meditation (monkey mind), Buddhism (not my religion but the most of the mindful, wellbeing principals are particularly useful- not that I could incorporate it daily), a wellbeing/counselling retreat of sorts…anything. The cost of everything and the day to day upheaval at home made me hold fire.

I continued listening to my podcasts, bought a book for people that can not meditate, bought another by White Eagle (recommended by a medium I saw)- I still can’t sit in one place and just read.

I haven’t read any of your earlier posts, fairly new to the site but I will take a look. I am definitely intrigued and it really interests me!! You are right, I do know not to keep watching and waiting, trying too hard…but I can’t help it. I know I need to relax and just feel, go with it.

I do believe in spirit guides, not that I know mine but I believe that’s where my warning came from about dad passing. It was get your mind set ready, finish any unfinished business and I’m glad for that because I was able to take more photos and say more things to him.

I agree with you, it’s the one thing you can cope with…I think it;s the same for me especially when I get back on track and learn to ignore or handle my negative environment better.

On a higher level we are all connected on the site through some form of grief and if whatever we choose helps us navigate and get through the day on a belief level than why not as long as it helps us move forward a tiny step, not forget just deal with it better…something to hold on to- for me anyway.

I found great comfort in everything you have said and thank you for taking the time to write it!! It’s the encouragement I need!

Big hugs to you too and thank you for sharing!!

xx

1 Like

Hi Sam,
I’m here anytime. I’ve not heard of the books that you mentioned in your post and don’t personally use podcasts but there is a fantastic medium called James Van Praagh whose books (some of which are also available on iTunes) website and even his social media are fantastic. Meditation didn’t come easy to me either but Tony Stockwell has some brilliant guided ones and even one to connect with your spirit guide. They differ in duration too which is good. To be honest I just go and lie down with my earphones in. His voice is calming and doesn’t grate on you either which is a big plus! James Van Praagh books talking to heaven and watching over us are good but The one I started with that was given to me by my mentor is Heaven and Earth: Making the the psychic connection. There is also one called Healing Grief: Reclaiming life after any loss. CD wise I own the following from Tony Stockwell - Tony Stockwells Angel Experience, path to mediumship and Heighten your spiritual awareness.
I hope that these may be of some help to you. Xx

Tony Stockwell can be found on iTunes too and Meditation to help you meet your spirit guide is good with both long and short versions of the meditation. X

Hi Leanne,

That is kind! I’ve heard of James Van Praagh and Tony Stockwell both are renowned in their field but I’ve not investigated any of their books. I will take a look- thank you! Makes a world of difference having a smoothing voice. I personally think a lot is in the delivery, some people you can just connect with and absorb what they say.I like the idea of connecting with the guides.

I will go investigate, something to keep me occupied tonight!! :slight_smile:

Big hugs xx