So Lonely

Hi Juile I’ve pm you but not sure if I did it right could you let me know if you received it thank you x

1 Like

The feelings of loneliness are completely normal as You have have lost one half of you.You can go out in company and enjoy yourself but you get home close that door and it begins again.If your able try and take yourself for a walk, get home make a cuppa and put either the tele or radio on any background noise is good as it takes the silence away and keep writing your feelings down to us as we have all been there or going through it.Thinking of you

3 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to message me.It is a living nightmare,never knew grief could be like this.Dragging me down to the bottom of the pit.Michael.

On this blog we have all been down that pit.At times your climb out of it but your then pulled down there again.Please keep writing your feelings down and read all our stories and you will not feel so alone as we are all in this club together

3 Likes

17 weeks in and I still feel that I am at the bottom. Every day I get up with such good intentions to do better but it never works. After 54 years together I miss Peter more now than at the beginning. He was my world. Some days I feel as if I will never get over this. Then I think do I ever want to? I’m not sure that I do.

Hugs to everyone on here Moira

1 Like

Thank you for caring.

I know exactly how you feel I lost my partner of 20years in January 2021 to cancer after a year long fight just dont know what to do.without him …x

3 Likes

Glad you took the first step to join us.You will soon read you are not alone in th

2 Likes

It is a very painful time for us all. We must stick together and keep talking I am sure it helps to know we are not alone

Hugs Moira

2 Likes

Yes other people who understand what u are going through. Take care :hugs::broken_heart:

1 Like

Another bad day for me thinking of my late wife ,only 4 weeks ago she was still alive,she passed away so quickly that day and I was not ready to say goodbye.Watching her take that last breath has haunted me ever since,I will never forget that awful moment as long as I live.My life stood still that day .I am now in the grip of this traumatic grieving process which is endless in its torture,I cannot sleep or eat properly,feel sick all the time,cry several times each day like a baby for her,I loved her so much ,I cherished her every day of her life,I cannot believe she is gone and yet this house is so empty and cold without her,I am so lonely and unhappy,I do not want this life like this ,it is not worth having without her beside me.I have poured my heart out on here and had nice replies but it has not changed a thing for me,I am utterly broken.Michael.

2 Likes

Hi Trixie I know how you feel as I feel the same. It is unbearable. I don’t seem to enjoy anything anymore. Grandchildren should make me happy but I struggle to enjoy them or anything. All I want is my husband back.which is impossible. So many people feel how we do it’s so unfair. Diane

3 Likes

Just read your message,and this grief is unbearable,I start to feel sick as soon as I wake up and it just gets worse all day,stops me from eating and sleeping.All I want too is my darling wife Judith back in my life but without that awful cancer that ended her life too soon.The nightmares are killing me ,the sight of her drawing her last breath is to much to bear.She left our home one Friday night in early August to go to hospital because the pain was too much and never came home again,7 weeks in hospital and her final 4 days in a hospice.So heartbreaking.I am in bits,empty.

Moira
Like you I lost the love of my life after 51yrs married,I was grateful I looked after him till the last
Reading all our stories we can relate to our grief and pain and hopefully it can help us to know we are not alone in this.It’s hell but keep in touch and we can help each other
Thinking of you all X

2 Likes

Hi Our lives seem to have been almost the same. I nursed Peter through his illness and was with him at the end. I was pleased that at least he was at home with those he loved. The pain is awful, so hard to bear. Crying is a daily occurrence but offers some kind of relief I suppose. How strange that our surnames are the same. Yes we must keep in touch for it seems we have have lots in common. Take care, sending love

Moira

This grief tears you apart,I have lost over a stone in weight in the last few weeks,missing my lovely wife so much,I cannot eat cannot sleep,life means nothing anymore without her .

1 Like

Hi Moira
We definitely will keep in touch, we have a lot in common.It’s good we can all talk and understand our experiences and grief because only we all know the pain and heartache of losing our soul mates
Thinking of you all

2 Likes

I lost my wife of 38 yeas in February, I found Cruse really helpful, I have a zoom call with a group on a Wednesday and have met many people in the same boat as me, and its strictly confidential. I hope you find a way to cope.

Hi Tony I sent you a pm but not sure if you received it?

Hi micky I had Vince home for last few days & he passed in my arms. Far too young at 60. I am in a living nightmare now & don’t want to carry on without him.

1 Like